Friday, August 18, 2017

Strange Weather for Another Day, Shopping, Sewing, Suite Cleaning, TV Install

When I woke up it was around 7:15 and I was pleased to see my guys beside me. Well, a way over there in our king bed. Clemson was snuggled close to Daddy in under the covers yet it was a warm morning. I grabbed the camera early to get the sun peeking up over the horizon because I knew it wasn’t supposed to last.
It started out like a promising day
The forecast was mostly rain although now it I saying ‘few clouds’. They need to look outside, it is gray with lots of fast moving clouds treating us to brief (10 seconds) interludes of blue sky in their travels from west to east. We got our morning stuff out of the way and I decided today was the day to hem up Mom’s pants. Tomorrow will be laundry day and I’ll take them over to her while I’m in town.
While getting fuel, these guys were parked beside us
The old van remodel was very sharp and loaded for camping
Plate says Vanarchy
VANARCHY: van-ar-chy, noun;...a van of disorder due to absence or non-recognition of authority 
So, it is now almost noon and Bill is in Hanover to pick up some things for a project in the cargo trailer and our basement. I dusted the Suite and put a few things away. Less to do on Sunday morning. I still can’t get outside; the rain isn’t steady but it is enough to keep me indoors. It is a drizzle right now.
Sorry for the blur, it was a fast snapshot
I got my sewing machine out and hemmed Mom’s pants. It is never perfect but if anyone wants to judge, they can tear it out and do it themselves. I would’ve been more concerned doing it for Mom if she was in a different state of mind. She was an excellent seamstress, knitter, crocheter etc. Now, she won’t care if they aren’t perfect.
Clemson got to go for the ride in his seatbelt
Once I finished that, I put it away (my machine is one thing that will NOT come out of the Suite, I use it too often) and fried up my brunch of egg and zucchini again. It tastes so good and is good for me. I keep forgetting to boil up the water/sugar mixture for the hummers and both feeders have been empty for a while. Today I did it and put it in the fridge to cool.
The bracket is installed on the back of the tv

And the small plate is attached to the bracket
  
Measuring where the plate needs to be mounted
 Before Bill got home, I had swept the hall, the stairs, the kitchen and even brushed the living and dining room carpets. We agreed that it was a great day for a snooze so after I finished a few chapters in the new book I’m reading, I joined my guys up in the bedroom for a power nap. Thirty minutes is usually enough for me and today was no different. 
At one point the blue sky gave us hope but the gray clouds were moving so quickly, it was soon gone
When we got up Bill went outside and started to get things going on the installation of our television down in the ‘basement’ area.

Bill finishes attaching the plate
We’ve talked about how nice it would be to have one there when Bill is barbecuing. It will be mounted on the top of the storage area on a bracket. Strapped in place while in motion but able to swing down on an arm for viewing. In between rain showers he mounted the bracket on the back of the tv. We needed to go into Durham to get a different size screw at Home Hardware, hamburg buns and diesel for Black Beauty.

Have I mentioned how much I like this view?
Bill called his Dad once we got back home and it was nice to hear both him and Marilynne sound so good. He missed seeing them yesterday when he stopped in on his way home. Not worrying about the weather tonight, I have burgers out for supper and I prepare the last two cobs of corn. They don’t take long to bbq so we should only need 20 minutes tops of dry sky.

Last screw

While supper was grilling, Bill continued working on the tv install. At one critical point, he asked me to use the drill to put the first two screws in. This was the easy part, as holding the tv in place wasn’t going to be easy for me. Before the food was ready he finished the main part and folded the television into place. Tomorrow he can complete the whole process, hookup, strapping etc.

And it folds up and out of sight
Supper was delicious. I wasn’t going to have a bun but at the last minute decided I would after all. With bacon, cheese, mayo, lettuce, pickle, onion and mustard it was the bomb!! Isn’t that a definitive of great? The corn was done perfectly too and filled us up.

The sky has changed from gray to gloomy and foggy out there to the northwest. It is a good night to stay inside. Dishes are done and we’ll have to see what we can find to watch or I’ll get into my book. I’m reading James Patterson’s Cross now. It’ll be a quick read, already I’m having a hard time putting it down.

Bill is also into a good James Patterson story
Clemson is waiting for me to sit with him
I hope you have had drier weather than we have but mostly I hope it has been a great day for you. 
through the rain drops on this picture, you can see the foggy evening we have
Thank you for reading today. Please comment if you wish!

7 comments:

  1. Nice that he is getting those projects all done and yet another tv. you will have them everywhere pretty soon.
    Not mush rain here at all today only about 75f and mostly cloudy , but a good outside day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three is enough plus one in the bunky. We enjoy our tv.
      We had lots of rain for everyone but still a great day.

      Delete
  2. Seeing the Running W insignia on the seat brought back memories of when I worked with the King Ranch in South Texas. Some say the Running W signifies the Santa Gertrudis River that runs thru the ranch. Some say it's the big rattlesnakes on the ranch. I enjoyed working with the King Ranch group and was always treated well in our business dealings about the pipeline. A Google search on King Ranch is interesting. Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don. That is interesting about the Running W. When we got our King Ranch the brochure from Ford detailed it as the rattlesnake but I like the River story too. I'm going to Google it for sure. Thanks Don.

      Delete
  3. Cloudy here also but the rain did not come down. Looks like we may have two days in a row of sunshine, Sunday and Monday, so the Stinger B's basement in on the agenda. Looks like Bill and Clemson are all settled in for a relaxing evening. Hope you enjoyed your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had more rain up here than many parts south and west of us so everything is growing well!
      We are expecting some sun tomorrow and into the coming week. Once I sat with them we managed to find something on the boob tube.......the living room one. :)

      Delete
  4. I often think the weather folks should look outside too!

    ReplyDelete