Sunday, March 17, 2019

Trip to Granbury, Clean Black Beauty, Baby Easton Goes Home!


It was around 7 when Bill and I found ourselves climbing out of bed together on Sunday, Mar. 17th. Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!  We don’t do anything special on this day but I do try and wear green, if I remember. Today, I did and put my green cardigan on this morning. We had our tea and coffee together at the table while reading some blog posts. It was a cold morning, registering only 36F out there.

The sun also rises
At 8, I dressed in layers and headed out for my walk. There was no wind showing on the weather station so the perfect time to get out. I took my walking stick as I didn’t know where I’d end up. There were frosty specks on windshields, plants and even on our bench cushion so I knew the grass down to the creek could be slippery. This helped me decide to instead walk out of the park, sticking to the asphalt and walk east.

Can you blame me for wanting to walk this way this morning?
It's so pretty
I’m glad I chose this path as it was so peaceful with only 2 vehicles on the road. I walked as far as I dared, without knowing where I was going, before turning around and returning to the park. 

That is frost flecks

This plant isn't silver, it is green covered with frost
There were some lovely homes down that way and the owners have such beautiful properties. Their back yards face the creek bed, off in the distance. One home had an awesome stone and wrought iron fence along the front and side of the property.

Some lovely properties
 Coming back into the park, I headed back to the back, past the playground, down the hill to check on the rock I’d left yesterday and then back around to home. My ‘paws’ rock was still there. A lot of rvers have left and even more were packing up with their families and pulling out as early as 8 this morning. The people renting the cabins were also rallying the troops and bringing bedding out to their vehicles as I walked by. Some were friendly, others barely speaking.

Love these stone works


The wrought iron is a nice touch but I'm not crazy
about the blue knob things
Back inside, Bill and I took our time getting cleaned up and before he had his shower, I made bacon and eggs. At 11 we drove to Granbury. It was our turn to tour into the town on our own and see what we could find. I had mentioned The Goodwill Store so Bill dropped me off there and he went to O’Reilly’s and then to get the truck washed. I had a leisurely time in the store for an hour and made a few small purchases before meeting him in the lot.

One lone burro/donkey watches me walk by

From my morning walk
The truck looked good, excuse me, Black Beauty, you look ‘mauvellous!’ Bill asked if I wanted to go to Ross’s which was out by the H-E-B store and because I was looking for a particular thing, I said yes. I love the store and their good prices play a key part in that opinion. I didn’t find what I was looking for exactly but I found something suitable in its place for a mere $7. I was happy and I even found something small for Baby Easton.


We discussed going home and having a mid-afternoon snack and a normal supper or eating out for ‘linner’ (lunch/dinner) and just having a snack and dessert at 6. That was what we decided since we’d never been to a Sonic Drive-in restaurant before. Rob and Pat said it was a good place for fast food. It reminds us of the A & W of yesteryear, where you pull in to designated spots and a waitress rolls out on roller skates.

Another picture of the stone steps
this time from the top
Okay, no visible waitress here, no skates but a large menu right beside the vehicle and when you’re ready, you push a button to place your order. No need to get out of the truck. Prices looked pretty good so Bill ordered a Super-Sonic Double Bacon Cheeseburger combo with fries and I ordered a Footlong Sonic Coney Dog combo with tator tots. We each thought ‘when in Glen Rose’ ….. so we ordered a diet Dr Pepper.
My footlong coney and tots
Bill's burger and fries
The food was great, the drink was so-s0 but once we got home, I removed the ice and it tasted much better. I’m glad we tried it and it didn’t break our pocket book. Bill proceeded to wax the clean truck, positioning it from direct sunlight as he waxed. It looks B-U-T-ful!! Pat and I took Clemson for a nice walk along the creek trail and back through the park. I was happy to see my painted rock was now gone.

First time for everything
I sat outside and read for a bit before bringing my laptop out to write this post. At 4, Bill went in and fed Clemson and I put my Thinkpad inside and moved back into the sun. I’m reading The People vs Alex Cross by J.P. Bill just finished it in 24 hours. He’s reading the Michael Connelly book that I just finished, The Late Show. I read it in 3 days. That is the fastest we’ve read a book for a few months so I think they are both awesome stories.

In the line for our food delivery
When I couldn’t go any further in the sun without moving to another site, I came inside. It was around 5:30 and because we weren’t hungry yet, I went upstairs to see if I could have a nap.  While reading in the sun, I could feel myself drifting off.  Clemson joined me, because he’s Momma’s boy, and other than a few minutes in lala land, I lay awake.

This picture is for Furry Gnome
I couldn't resist when I saw this ceramic piggy bank
he'll understand
At least I hope he does
Bill was watching the tail end of Robin Hood (with my favourite star, Kevin Costner) but instead of joining him I read a few more chapters not wanting to disturb Clemmy. At 7, I came downstairs and I cut up an apple and some cheddar for our supper snack. We also splurged on the sugar drink and had our Dublin sodas. Bill’s root beer and my cream soda was quite good for a treat.

Bill was busy waxing B.B.
And my reflection as I sit and 'supervise'
Morning sun through the trees
We watched American Idol together and then the recorded episode of Madam Secretary. And before we knew it the evening was coming to a close. This has been a good day. No, a great day. Someone very tiny went home today with his Mom and Daddy.

Easton and Daddy
fyi - Flessati is the last name :)

Last I heard, Easton likes his new room
Good night everyone!

Thank you for stopping by today. Your comments are always appreciated.


8 comments:

  1. I saw the picture Bill posted on Facebook of Easton going home what a tiny little cutie. I would guess there are a couple of grandparents that will be very happy to see him in person in a few weeks.
    It looks like a nice park you all landed in.Though, like you, I would not be to happy to find the laundry floor dirty. I always seem to drop at least one article of clothing in the transfer to the dryer.
    Sounds like you are enjoying your time there exploring the area. Interesting about how Dr. Pepper got its name. I have tried it a couple of times not my favorite.
    Really like the pictures of the creek. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb and Tom. Easton is a cutie and I'm sure happy to be home. Yes, we are certainly anxious to see the little gapher!
      Good news, after my 'complaint' the floor was swept and garbage dumped. :) Just hope they remain diligent.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get those things taken care of and exploring Granbury a cool town, we enjoyed exploring around the river and the beach park there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noting major today, just the truck wash. Everything else was pure pleasure enjoying the warm/hot sun. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww Easton is a cutie. Glad he's home safe and sound.
    Black Beauty looks gorgeous ... does Bill rent out?? My Jeep is a disaster!
    Just curious, do you wonder if people think we are weird for always taking pictures of our vehicles, ourselves and our food?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Easton is indeed a cutie pie.
      I'll ask Bill but I think his price is pretty high!
      haha, yes probably but at least we're not alone!

      Delete
  4. Baby Easton is just a precious little miracle! Glad he got to go home, sure mom and dad are happy too! Gosh haven't had Sonic in years but sure looked delicious! Sounds like a great day you both had. Ross is one of my favorite stores along with Marshall's. Wow! Black Beauty is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are so proud of Jess, 'our' young lady has grown up and is now a Mom. Wow!
      I love Ross.
      Black Beauty is very pretty indeed!

      Delete