Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Forgot My Roots Yesterday, Walk the Country Road, First Day of Spring

On Wednesday, Mar. 20th Clemson was the first to rise so Bill took him out at 6:30 and they both came back to bed. I was surprised that we all dropped off again and it was 7:30 when next we woke. Bill had his coffee and suggested that if I waited half hour, he would go with me. So, I decided to wait for my tea until after we came back.

The sunrise this morning, out of our window
At 8, we headed out the door and out of the park. Bill chose to walk the country road to the east instead. It was a nice leisurely walk and we went as far as the bend in the road (which eventually connected with Hwy 67). 

I don't want the responsibility of one, but I still like
admiring beautiful homes
We admired the homes along the stretch and one in particular was gorgeous, with a paved drive and sheltered parking area. Not to mention the rv garage and sheds on the property leading down to the river.


We  both agreed that this one was our favourite
As I was walking, for some reason, I remembered what I forgot yesterday. My title said Roots Revival but I neglected to mention that I did an all over colour on my hair to get rid of my roots. They were looking pretty bad through the very light blonde. The sun sure does a number on my hair, but I don’t mind at all. So, now they are invisible again for a short while and the Medium Blonde gave my hair a bit of a colour change too.

A delicious omelette
That was yesterday. Today, is the first day of spring. Here, in Texas, it feels like spring and looks like spring (perhaps a few steps ahead with the green grass) with blossoms on trees and new leaves bursting from the branches. Everybody has been waiting for it back home and here, this morning, Bill saw his first robin. At 9:30 Pat and I walked back to Texas Hall and met a new Activities gal. Angelica, pretty name for a pretty young lady. She helped us make body (face, leg, foot) scrubs. Yay!


So, I've got 2 little jars of some body scrub
and they both smell wonderful with favouring of Browned Butter
and Pecan
I was happy not to have another homemade knick knack to find space for in the Suite. It didn’t take us long so we sat and chatted until 10:30 learning all about her and a little more about Bari. We were hoping to see her one last time but maybe over the next couple of days we will. Angelica answered my question about what ‘Bars’ meant on their activities calendar. They are teaching participants how to make a healthy snack. We’re in!

And that little black spec on the rock, dead centre
is a frog
And today, the little squirrel came to say hello to Clemson and I again
Bill and I had omelettes for brunch and then at 12:45, Pat and I walked back to The Lone Star Lodge near the back of Tres Rios. I’d never been in there so took a few pictures. 



I love the ceiling and of course when Angelica arrived and turned on the lights, I loved that too. When we were thinking it was just the two of us again and had begun measuring ingredients, a group of probably 8 regulars trooped in. 4 adults and about 4 children.

The Keeper of the Lodge?

I love the curved wood ceiling
They sat at another table and Pat and I carried on with our mixing. I was impressed with the simplicity of the recipe and I was sure they would be a real treat for us at home. 


Pat and I took turns mixing it up
and kept our fingers out of it


There was a nice turn out today
Angelica helps mix for this little gal
 Bill wouldn’t like them at all, oh no, not with peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate in them. Ha! Understatement. We split the double batch and rolled our little goodies. We each walked back with about a dozen little No Bake Energy Balls. They were ooey gooey good and had to be kept in the fridge.

Angelica is a sweet young lady
I was informed that Clemson was being a pest, just like he was earlier so I gave Bill a break and took the little guy for his walk. It wasn’t even 2:30 yet so it was earlier than normal. He is maybe getting what Pat called ‘spring fever’ wanting to go for walk after walk after walk. Lordy o’ Lordy.  

Another view of the creek drawing up
When I returned, I made a tea and texted Pat that I was going to work on the puzzle for a while. I’d like to get the border done today at least. I left little Mr. Nuisance with his Daddy again.


I wanted to show y'all my new shoes
I wore them today and received compliments from 2 young ladies
 Pat walked back with me and we worked away on the puzzle. There was a lady’s card game going on and their husbands were playing pool. Finally, enough of the border was complete that we decided to work on the insides. We couldn’t find the remaining 5 pcs. but knew we’d come across them soon enough. There are many pieces that could indeed be border but most aren’t when you look closely. Shortly after 4:30 Pat walked back and within 15 minutes, I also walked home.

I wanted to peek in the window of this cute cabin
but then I noticed a light on inside
Maybe tomorrow, I will
At 5:30, Bill said he was hungry so he lit the Weber for burgers. Double burgers tonight. The patties that we bought at H-E-B were quite thin and not exactly the best ones we’ve had so we opted to double them up. We weren’t careful enough with our ‘search’ and ‘seizure’ I guess, having had much better ones in the past. We had bacon, cheese and onion to dress them up and that also helped with the flavor. We did enjoy the stuffed burger.

The biggest accomplishment today
was getting this border 95% finished
For dessert we finished off the rhubarb cheesecake and settled in for the night. We had the tv on but it was mostly background noise for me. I managed to squeeze some reading in there too. This was another quiet day and they are valuable. We enjoy them to the fullest. Once we return home, our lives become a bit hectic, at least for the first month.

Just a burger but a very filling burger
I hope you’ve enjoyed your day as well. Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments if you care to leave one.      

14 comments:

  1. Love all the activities there in that park and enjoyed quite a few over the years. glad you had a good time and enjoying some wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat and I are enjoying some of the goings on here in the park. We are loving the peace and quiet and great weather too.

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are made for walkin!! The double burger looked good, but I know what you are saying about some of them needing a little help with the condiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful activities! What a fantastic time you folks look to be having there. Enjoy your remaining days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb and Riley. we are having fun and enjoying the warmth.

      Delete
  4. Patsy, while you are in Granbury, you should eat at Grumps,great homemade burgers. It is on the right side of the road before you get to HEB. We are from that area of Texas. Enjoy your blog. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, we had many thoughts about where to eat but actually haven't done the 'night' out thing much at all. Thanks for the tip, we know we'll be back.

      Delete
  5. Another busy day, Cute Shoes and Huge Burger.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick and Kathy. The shoes were a great find and FREE!

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a lodge!! Your goodies look delicious ... I mean peanut butter, who wouldn't like THAT!! Cute shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shoes, you lucked out that for some reason they got rid of them, they look brand new! Those little body scrubs are too cute! Do they charge you for participating in the crafts, goodies etc? Those energy balls sound delicious! I love peeking in windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shoes. Look like designers' shoes not available in the store. They must have been ordered online and then it was discovered that they didn't fit. I bet the kids (and adults) liked those sticky treats. Maybe with some yoghurt as a dessert?

    ReplyDelete