Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Busy Day Getting Things Done


The Ridge
I woke at 6:30 and hadn’t even heard Bill get up on Wednesday, July 22nd. I usually hear the alarm. I had a full morning and a partially full afternoon so forced myself to move. At least I’d gone to bed by 10 last night so it wasn’t as difficult as it could have been had I stayed up until 11. After a kiss goodbye, I was headed into the Mat for 7 am start. The back door was propped open but I had no overnight visitor. Relief.

Can you believe what some people do?
However, when I walked to the front of the laundromat, I noticed that some ‘brat’, young or old, had attempted to kick out the glass on the bottom half of the door. What is the matter with people? Why can’t we all just respect each other, their property and get along? I don’t wish harm on anyone, but it’s almost too bad that it wasn’t the type of glass that shatters. The culprit’s leg would have been damaged in the act. Maybe that would have smartened him up.

Variable skies today
I didn’t know what shift Jamie was on this week but I texted him anyway. He says he doesn’t mind. He wasn’t aware of the damage and was disgusted at the pictures. I took the hour cleaning the Mat and just before leaving town, I drove to Foodland, donned my mandatory mask, and picked up bread, onions and some sugar-free, no carb Jell-o. It’s time we had some dessert in the fridge that we can eat, guilt-free. I’ll add the whipping cream and cream cheese this time.

Back home, I had my tea and read some blogs. By 9:15 I was ready to go to Graceland 2 for whatever Mitch had in mind today. I was anxious to see how far he’d got with the truck. Woohoo! Does it ever look sharp! Mitch set me to work on another job on his phone, more business, secretarial-like. That’s okay, I did that kind of thing for years. Once we hit a stumbling block, he asked me to go into Durham to get him some cigarettes so he could continue on the Ford.

Sneak previews, the real deal tomorrow
Again, if he needs odd jobs done, that’s what I’ll do. I won’t clean though, not other than his two vehicles for the taxi service when that starts up again. That’s what my first hour and a half was spent on. LOL At 11, we replaced the tonneau cover (which is real ratty looking and the owner will definitely want to replace) and I helped remove the paper and tape we put on the other day. This truck is looking sweet.

These cows and shaved sheep are saying
Hi Loree!
Mitch had to replace the running boards and I don’t know what else but the owner wants to pick it up at noon tomorrow. 😊 I came home at 11:30ish and ate half of my leftover burrito. It is very filling and with a bullet proof coffee, too much. I texted Bill at 12:30 to see what the rest of his day looked like; he originally wasn’t sure he’d be working all day. Turns out he had a couple of jobs so off I went to Owen Sound. If he was coming home early, we would have gone together.

More variable skies
These brought rain off and on
and humidity
The rain started about half way there and was quite heavy at times. I took my time, I wasn't on the clock. The switch out at Princess Auto was easy peasey with a cutesy pie staff member available to help bring the one in from the car and take the new purchase out for me. I was done in 15 minutes tops. 

Bills pump

A mirror that I've been looking every time I go to a second hand store
was sitting at Value Village waiting for me
$5.99 - 30% for seniors day
 I made a quick stop at V.V. once more and sent a text off to Bill telling him that I was on my way home, I indeed was ‘on my way’ home. I was home for 15 minutes when Mitch called. He needed me for a quick 10 minutes (and offered to pay me for an hour, which I refused) so I slipped over and helped with one other thing on his phone. 

And some fine tip markers for 'painting' rocks
Back home, I started my post. Bill returned home around 4:45 and he returned to another change of hair colour. My roots were getting so bad and the colour had faded since May so it was time for a refresher. It’s dark, different again and not gray. 😊

The back road to O.S. passes by a nice golf course
This vine covered tree has never looked so interesting!
Supper was chicken thighs done in Madame IP. Broccoli for me and corn for Bill. We were eating by 6:30. It was a busy day for both of us and the evening will feel short. After downloading pictures and finishing my post, I sat to finish the last few chapters of my book.

The chicken thighs and gravy were good but the broccoli
just didn't meet the standard I like.
What I have in the freezer did not freeze well at all
Have a good night!
I hope yours was an enjoyable day. Thank you for popping by!

15 comments:

  1. Too bad people don't respect others property. They would be the first to complain if Jamie were to close the Mat.
    Mitch did a nice job on the Truck.
    That tree resembles a Palm tree in the southwest.
    The Broccoli might have defrosted then refroze.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right but I honestly think it is the young people who come in late at night. It locks automatically unless the last person leaves the door propped open but they would have likely kicked it IN if that were the case.
      I don't know what went wrong with the broccoli. I won't eat the last 2 packs in the freezer, not worth it.

      Delete
  2. How do you make that delicious looking gravy? I love chicken thighs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make the gravy after the thighs (or any meat) has cooked in the IP. I remove the meat and from the scrapings (from sauteeing) turn it to Saute again and just thicken it. Nothing special added at all. Make sure the first saute process gets brown and it is darker. :) Thank you btw!

      Delete
  3. Someone thought they were going to steal some money from the machines. Glad they didn’t get in. I bet Bill loves coming home to a classy dark haired gal!!!! Nice snag on the mirror!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they kicked it from the inside out so we know it was done just to be malicious. :(
      Bill had to do a double take because it is not light brown but dark brown. It fades quickly and he seems to enjoy my changes. Haha

      Delete
  4. I had a lovely day thank you. Your day was packed and you even managed a hair colour change.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My older sisters have stopped colouring and for different reasons. I'm not ready and the excuse of "can't be bothered" or "the time" or "the cost" doesn't faze me. I'm worth doing whatever I want and seldom do I pay for anything special at a hair stylist. I cut it myself (unless we're in Mexico!), colour it myself and if I don't like it, know it will grow. :) One day, I guess I'll go gray but not yet.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you Patsy. Use the color!!! I would, but I do too much other stuff to my hair. If I colored it often, it would probably all fall out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand the need to vandalize a property. It only costs the owner money, especially in this case because making an insurance claim wouldn't be worth it, so costs paid by customers have to increase at some point. Thoughtless and stupid!

    Glad you had a good day, take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People can be disgusting. This job seems to suit you well, everyday is different. I was wondering about the gravy too.....looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're doing pretty well here Patsy, enjoying days like today when I can get out for a ride. By the sound of your blog you're both doing well too. Glad you've got your jobs, I presume next winter in the southwest will be easier with the extra income. Well worth it I'd say, assuming the border is open and the virus has settled down in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the purple frames in your blog! The truck looks awesome! You can feel proud that your handiwork looks so good underneath! Love the mirror..I keep thinking I want one like that! but then my wrinkles would really show up LOL. The vandalism is sick sick!! From the inside out, is just plain disgusting! Curious is Jamie has any cameras inside the mat?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the doors of the mat lock automatically and someone is inside, can they still get out or have to wait until the doors open again in the morning? You always score nicely at the Value Village, good purchases.

    ReplyDelete