Friday, July 24, 2020

The Week is Zipping By, Got a Nice Walk In, Special Birthday


The Ridge
Thursday, July 23rd brings us a special birthday. Bill and I were up as per normal and he was getting ready for work when I came downstairs. I don’t have to go anywhere until 9 but it was a chance to get out for a walk. I haven’t had one all week with other things going on. I wished Bill a good day, kissed him goodbye and headed out at 6:45.

It was a beautiful morning

A mile out and a mile back felt good and I didn’t meet anyone until I turned back onto North Line and my sweetie was just pulling out of the lane at 7:30. Ptooties is running on fumes; the gas light came on when I was coming home yesterday down the back roads but I don’t come home through Durham so forgot to get gas. I was prepared to walk to Graceland 2 this morning but Bill had a few gallons in a can that he transferred to the car. 😊 He looks after me.


Very calm, no ripples on the reflective pond
I had my tea back home and briefly sorted through some of my clothes in the closet. I have to hang the new to me items and therefore get real about what I put in the exchange bag. There won’t be an exchange this year, sadly, but our Ladyfest with my sisters is still taking place. We’ve changed the date to accommodate everyone and have decided to take clothes for each other at least. A couple of them don’t get a chance to come for the clothing exchanges.

There are pink hues in the puffy clouds
Now that Donation Centres are open there is a place to take them after we get together. At a few minutes before 9 I drove around the corner to Mitch’s. He set me to work right away. Today, I was back working on the Plymouth. With a few pointers, I checked the car for dents that needed filler and made sure all the fine sanding was done. At least my idea of ‘done’. Mitch would look it over with his professional eye before moving forward.

The Ford waiting for a Markdale owner to pick it up
I sat and sanded things that had been removed, 2 back fenders, the mirror arms, and the 2 front large fenders. Brian, the fellow who made our King chairs, came to help Mitch replace the running boards on the Ford in the other room and once Mitch moved it out, set up to prime a whole mess of newly made metal deck railings that were dropped off last night for painting. I worked away on my own and almost finished the 2nd fender before it was time to leave.

Lunch
I’d stayed until 11:30 at the boss’s request as we have the owner coming to check the progress on the old car at the end of the month. The pressure is on. Now, I’m anxious to see this one done! Back home, I did another quick run through of the clothes in the closet, making room to hang the jeans I just bought. Then it was time for a shower and get something to eat. I won’t say it too loudly, but I’m pleased with what the scales are telling Bill and I. We are dropping, slowly, closer to where we want to be especially with all the bouncing. It's encouraging to say the least.

Then I put a lunch plate together and sat and relaxed while eating it. I have a small list of things to do this afternoon so we’ll see what gets done. We have plans to go out for supper, unbeknownst to my sister. Donna is celebrating her 70th birthday today so at least 4, possibly 6, of us (family) will be picking up supper and dropping in on her and Gerry tonight. She doesn’t know of us coming, but a special birthday like that needs to be celebrated right proper!

On Wednesday, we saw an Oriole in the tree behind us
so I put some oranges out, getting original since the hummer feeder
seems to be leaking and I won't fill it again
Today is starting to be a mostly overcast day but it is warm, with some humidity in the air. I phoned Henry’s Camera to see if they were ‘in business’ yet for repairs and was informed that we could drop my PowerShot off any time. So, next trip to London, we’ll do that. It will be assessed at the factory and we will be advised of the cost for repair – 20% for the warranty coverage. In the meantime, I’m making more money now and we’ve decided I need to get another one. Regardless.

Hanging under our hitch, Chippy(s) can only eat what falls on the ground
This feeder looks fine but the clips are broken for the lid
I need new ones!
 I finished making my Creamy Jell-o by mixing up whipping cream and cream cheese and then blending them together. Next, I made Keto Custard in Madame IP and with those in the fridge, we have some desserts, healthy desserts, for a few nights. The kitchen compost bin was full so I took it up to the garden composter and emptied that. Phewie! That wasn’t a pleasant smell! I’m glad it was covered with a lid while inside!

This feeder has broken edges but if I hang it beside the bell
Chippy again, can't (or won't) access this one
I have a big one hanging in a different tree
Around 2, I made myself a coffee and sat again until I finished it. The neighbor, Drew, is out cutting his lawn. He had 3 evergreen trees brought in today and planted along his property line. Between them and a neighbor on the other side. We have the pond and lots of greenery separating us so no need to do anything there. Their usable properties jut right up against each other. We would want to do the same thing if we were in that position.

walking down to water my planters, this little character caught my eye
as he squirmed his way up the tree
He froze in this position while I took the picture and then tucked his wings in further
Bats are good to have around but we don't have a bat house here for them
I moved out to the Bunky and filled the bird feeders and watered my hanging planters and walked up to the garden. Things are coming along nicely. I want to plant more onions but not today. I found a smooth rock and painted it for Donna but forgot to get a picture before taking it to her. Bill was home before 4 and had a snooze before getting washed up. I packed the cooler and we drove to Foodland so I could pick up some flowers for my sis. What else but a family favourite?

Further down the lane, this little guy was waiting for his Momma
He couldn't fly yet but hopped over to the grass and
she eventually came with a mouthful of food
My two sisters and their husbands, Gerry and his brother all agreed to meet at Swiss Chalet at 6 to pick up our food. It is just down the street from D & G’s. Sadly, this venue is not set up well at all for customers, during over even before Covid-19 according to Gerry. They didn’t have some of our chosen items that were on the menu, only 4 people allowed in at a time to wait for pick up orders and it took the best part of half hour before we were on our way to their house. LOL

Getting chairs moved and set up so we could all sit
She wouldn't stand still for me to get the 'surprised' look
My supper was wonderful
The roll and butter came home with me
Donna was totally surprised when Bill and I walked in about 20 steps behind Gerry and John. Then when my other two sisters walked in, she was even more blown away. Good! Gotcha! With some shuffling of chairs, all but John sat around the dining room table with our own individual orders. It was delicious! After eating, we retired to the living room and shot the bull until 9:30 or so. It was a wonderful evening. Donna loved the flowers and texted me later that she found where I'd hid her rock and loved it and the colours I'd chosen. 😊

Her sunflowers (appropriate, no?) and a gift from Gayle & John
No question whose team she roots for!
I was in bed immediately after arriving home. Feeling kapooped from the early rising and day, I dropped off quickly. 

With a little finesse from Google Photos
The waxing crescent moon was
A little tidbit of information for Donna
It is pretty interesting, isn't it, sis?
Now, all my older sisters have ventured into the land of the 70’s and have so far reported only positive things. Good because even though I’ve got a few years to go, I want to be able to welcome it as well. This was another great day!


Thank you for stopping by! Happy Birthday, Donna!

11 comments:

  1. Donna is aLeo I do believe as is Audrey. In a Virgo and it suits me to a t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right but that was the moon's position last night on her birthday so thought it appropriate. :)

      Delete
  2. Harvey turned 70 today as well. Says he feels great.

    Looks like you had a perfect day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I wished Harvey a Happy day but if not, please do! :)

      Delete
  3. Still keeping busy. Nice that you all surprised Donna on her special day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Donna!! What a wonderful surprise! Dinner looked delicious and plentiful! A great busy day! Sure sounds like Mitch enjoys your work ethics and it's working well for you both! Congrats on the scales moving the right way :) They are fickle though aren't they! haha. Great pic of the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. She was truly surprised and I didn't think that was possible. Nor did she!
      I think I'm doing okay with Mitch and he knows I'm a bit timid on new things so sets me straight patiently. :) The scales are fickle, inches would be better.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Donna! I'm sure she enjoyed the surprise and the company.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete