Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Return of the Heat, Short Days, Working on the Puzzle, Supper Out


The Ridge
Friday, July 17th we woke and rose within 15 minutes of each other. Bill was in washing up when I did my morning stretches and we made the bed together as we do most mornings. I went for my walk while he packed his lunch cooler and had his breakfast. I knew he’d leave before I got back but that was okay. We’d given each other the jump start already with our ‘have a good day’ hug and kiss. That sounds odd but no, that was the only jump start we got. Ha ha

I though these morning pictures were kind of cool


Down the road, I offered prayers up to our maker. There are things and blessings to be grateful for and there are also special people who need support and a pack of their own blessings right now. I think of you all every day, you know who you are, and wish there just weren’t so many challenges put in your way. It, for me, is the best time other than when I'm tucked in bed, to pray. 

It was nice and cool in between the tree lined road
By the time I returned and puttered around with the bird feeders, I’d walked 2 ½ miles.


The lighter patches are not dry and the dark wet,
they are where the gravel is ground down to 'near pavement'
It is going to get hot again today, so there may not be much activity today. At least, the plants don’t need watering! I enjoyed the hour and a half of relaxing until I had to leave for Graceland 2. I was just out of the laneway when Mitch called. “Did I tell you we need to deliver a car early this morning?” I smiled. “Yes, Mitch, I’m on my way, see you in 30 seconds”. “Thank ya, thank ya very much”. LOL

Coming from the south, this is Graceland 2
Ha ha, the patchwork house
The front is rented out to a father and son
The arrow shows the truck I'm working on when it is outside
It isn't pretty but he is on disability and wants for nothing
When I arrived, I hopped in his Acadia and followed him to the destination between here and Durham. Funny how I’m finding out about all these little out of the way businesses that I would never know are there otherwise. This one was called AE Mechanics (or something like that, there was no sign). Like Mitch, he obviously doesn’t need to advertise, the lot was full of Chev/GMC vehicles. A thriving business for sure. The Edge, that Mitch finished touching rust spots on, will be up for sale.
Bill took a picture of the working girl
Back at Mitch’s, I carried on with the pick up truck, working on the door and the hood around the hood scoops. The owner didn’t show up while I was there but Mitch was pleased with what we’d done and when I left at 11, I initialed the calendar up to where my ‘boss’ paid me. With cash in my pocket, I came home for the weekend, yay! and made myself a bullet proof coffee. It is a lovely 25C/77F day and it would be nice if that was as hot as it got. But……..

Goose greeters
 Bill only worked until noon today as well so a short day for each of us. I’d finished a lunch plate by the time he returned home so we sat outside together while he ate his sandwich. Because we were so low for fresh water in our tank this week, Bill drove Black Beauty over to the Acreage and while he was gone, I pulled Ptooties over to the shade under the awnings. Yes, she fit. It wasn’t completely in the shade but enough for me to get in and clean it out.



She needed to be wiped down and vacuumed out so I took care of that but it was done in between rest stops. There was a lovely breeze coming across from the west but with your head in a car, you can’t get the advantage of it. I’ll do the windows on another day as well as the outside. Might have to drive it over to the Acreage and use their water and pump. When I told Bill I hadn’t decided on supper, he suggested that we go in to the Food Truck later. Sounds like a plan!

Thank you all kindly, who said the nice things about my creations
However, they don't all work out
With the rain and heat melting the glue, I came home to this
Gotta figure something else out
He went to his cargo trailer and I went into the Bunky to work on the puzzle. The 'labour' was done. I puzzled away for an hour and at 4:30 felt that I needed to have a rest. I took a walk down the lane to collect the mail and then came inside to sit in front of the tv. I was hoping to drop off but that was useless. 

Sadly, we have a second small branch that broke off another tree
Chippy doesn't weight enough so not sure how or why this happened
When Bill came in at 6, we got cleaned up and drove to Durham. Big Bites is the name of their small business and we ordered cheese burgers each and a large fries to split.

Driving into Durham for supper, I noticed
how clean Ptooties is! :)
It was hot, good and inexpensive. Of course, we couldn’t eat all the frys but got our fill and tossed the rest, at least half. My burger was a little charred but I ate it. On the way back home, we turned off onto #2 and popped in to see Donna and Gerry at the Acreage. They were just eating inside but didn’t mind us catching up with them while they finished. We hadn’t seen them for a couple of weeks. Bill helped Gerry outside with his filter and Donna and I had a nice chat indoors away from the ‘skitters’.

They were yummy but my oh my, way too many
We'll try small next time to share
Bill got bit while they were working and that just made me glad us girls weren’t out there! Back home just before 9, I worked on my blog and downloaded pictures from my phone. I really wanted to get it published tonight because I work at the Mat in the morning. Time will tell, I feel pretty tired already. This was a good day. More work on Mitch’s truck job and best of all – PayDay! It didn’t get as hot as I expected, but still a high of 29C/84F was pretty hot. Obviously, this post didn't get done last night. 🙈

Because of the paper, this burger looks blue
It wasn't but it was charred on the edges
Next time we're trying peameal on a bun
Good night!
Thank you for stopping by! If you wish to comment, I’d love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those fries!!!! Looks yummy. It’s just so nice to get paid!!! It makes my day. Sorry your project didn’t work. You’ll figure out something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fries are always great when someone else makes them although I still like our homemade ones too! :)

      Delete
  2. I've got to say I think Graceland 2 is just adorable..a little tic and it would be too cute. I take it there's no wife for Mitch? Oh too bad about the project, it was cute! Payday and a dinner date?! Does it get any better LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Graceland 2 is unique. When I helped him with his satellite I saw part of his living arrangements. Single man's home for sure. LOL There have been wives........can't even remember how many. 3 maybe?
      I know the rocks just didn't work out but I'll figure something else and/or move on to something else. :)

      Delete
  3. Kathy suggested using Supper Glue to hold your project together.
    Nice having a payday.
    Supper looked tasty.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would have to be SUPER glue, I guess. Thanks Kathy.:)

      Delete