Friday, November 17, 2017

Classic Day, Pool Dip, Classic Cars, More Waffles

Since I was in bed last night at 9 I was awake Thursday, Nov. 16th at 5:30 am. Still dark out my open window, I rolled over and managed to drop back off to sleep until 6:45. I slipped out of bed and out the door soon after. The good news is that as is typical for me, on the 3rd day my shingles have passed the stage of being irritating. Yay!

Pretty clouds this morning
The clubhouse wasn’t open yet, my watch must be fast but I only waited a couple of minutes before the staff came and unlocked it. I had it all to myself for an hour so managed to get my post completed by 8.

Someone else finished 'my' puzzle
The sky was quite beautiful at 7 and I snapped a couple of pictures while waiting. I hope to take advantage of the pool again today, we’re into our last week here and I’ll miss it for the 4 days we’re boondocking. We have a couple of hot, mid 80F days before it drops off to a lovely 75F for three days. I think we can take that, all of it, whatever heat is given, we’ll take it, happily.
I was reading a book on Havasu while waiting for my pictures to download
at the clubhouse

Look at these pics of the bridge when they reassembled it in 1968
 When I got back from the clubhouse around 8:30 Bill was up, reading his book after having his coffee and blog reads. Mine included. As I said, my biggest fan.  💗

The shuffleboard field has the template redy to be painted
 I made my tea and joined him in my recliner with my book. After reading a few chapters each and the clock ticking around to 9:45 I got up to make an omelette for breakfast. I added a lot of ingredients this morning, peppers, celery, onion, mushrooms, bacon and a couple of grape tomatoes on mine. Then I added 3 eggs.
When we were cleaned up from that, I began my post and Bill returned to his book. 

Everything in there but the kitchen sink

And it tasted really good too
Told you that he was enjoying this one! I think I mentioned before that I like to start my post early in the morning and keep at it throughout the day. That way I don’t forget what I’ve done and things are fresh in my mind. Yes, maybe it is too much for some readers, but it works for me and I have no doubt what we did on any given day.


Except for checking my phone periodically (seldom) during our day, I am trying not to go on FB or on my laptop other than morning and evening. This month is the big test for our new Bell North American phone plan we obtained before leaving Ontario. October was no judge since we just began using it shortly before the 24th. We need to curb our usage as much as possible, keeping an eye on what things (blogging, posting, Google searches, emails) use up a lot of data. We’re learning. So far, we give the plan thumbs up.
Brenda - hope you approve!
When I was at Sally’s Beauty Store the other day, I picked up the ‘do it yourself’ colour tube my girlfriend and stylist, Brenda, back home got me onto. I like to do my roots myself and even though I love having her do it for me, this is much more convenient as well as much more economical. I was out of the colour I use so the gentleman at Sally’s was very helpful. He knows his stuff.
The sky was still performing late afternoon
with the sun trying to gain access
While there, I also found a Moroccan oil that I thought was similar to what I’d used at home. For my fine hair, it was recommended to add body and increased health to the roots. It isn’t the same and neglecting to read the fine print instructions more carefully, all it did was make my hair very oily. The appearance of dirty hair even though it isn’t. So, now I know how to use the oil but more importantly I learned that I can use it on my skin as well.

Statue of McCulloch discussing plans for the Bridge placement

Crossing London Bridge

Interesting homes down towards the beach area





And now begins a picture overload of the classics I most enjoyed

Such a cute little truck!

This one too
I went outside to the back-northeast corner of the Suite and found a sunny patch to sit in with my book. After 30 minutes, I was hot enough to go for a swim. I wanted to get my 2 hours in early today since we were heading out McCullough Drive today to look at some classic cars. Something we’d heard about from Steve and Kathy.

Getting close to my all-time favourite

Purr-ty
 So, I arrived at the pool at 12:15 and not surprised to be the only one there. The sky was full of clouds after all. I got in, did a couple of laps and then floated for 20 minutes before getting into the hot tub. That lasted about 10 minutes and I found myself a lounge chair and read. The sun made brief appearances through the clouds and I was quite warm regardless. Other swimmers arrived, some were a distraction beside me in the hot tub, only because of their loud voices. I’m married to someone with a loud voice so tried hard not to let it keep me from my book.

Nice truck
At 2 o’clock I came back, changed and went back outside to read with an iced tea and cheese stick. Bill was sitting out when I returned with his book but the ‘sleepies’ took over and he went inside to doze in his chair. We left our lounger/gravity chairs at home this winter, an executive decision. We love our high back folding chairs for patio sitting but they are not conducive to naps.

We had to check what this was and not I still can't remember
I finished my book within half hour and came inside to get ready to go out. Before 4 we were driving over London Bridge, it is quite pretty, to the east onto McCulloch Blvd. We didn’t have to drive too far and we started seeing Classic cars all along the side of the street. We found a parking spot and walked the two blocks snapping photos along the way. Bill took many more pics than I did, but again, the ones I was attracted to I captured on the little Canon camera.

My Dad would love this Pontiac
We decided to come back with Donna and Gerry, well, we already knew we’d do that but this is just a good reason to come on a Thursday.  Plus I located a Women's second clothing store we might have to check out!

there are a lot of nice places to eat on a nice day
We drove down along McCulloch towards the water, but it didn’t get us very close, seemingly taking us on the island. Bill turned into a parking area called Beachfront Channel and now we finally see where the channel is and where the beach is. It looked quite nice.


beautiful El Camino Super Sport

And it's from my brother's province of Alberta
He stopped the truck when he saw I was trying to catch the west sky blossoming into a sunset pose. That made it much easier since I can’t see it as well from the park. Thanks dear. Back home I had little sausages out thawing since I didn’t know how late we’d be. Bill suggested waffles to go along with them so he barbecued the little guys while I mixed the batter and made waffles inside. So filling! We stopped before we were too stuffed leaving a couple of waffles and a sausage for his breakfast tomorrow.

and this little bug too


We cleaned up the dishes all before 6 and I settled here at my laptop and Bill and Clem found the recliners quickly. Bill is so close to finishing his book, so that is his goal tonight. This has been a great day. A little of this, a little of that and a little of the other thing too. Always fun no matter what we find to do.

A nice beach area

And the afternoon ends with a pretty sky too

Love pancakes and sausage


I hope your day was equally satisfying. Thank you for stopping by. I love it when you take the time to comment.

9 comments:

  1. We're on the Bell North America plan too. Since Sept 20ish.. so far so good. As long as we only use the laptop and phones. Desktop drains our usage PDQ so that's out- only for Parks with wifi. Learned that the hard way, but I had read somewhere previously that Desktops load more ads than laptops or phones and that is exactly what we found. Used 10G or our 20G in one night! Otherwise 20G works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still using Verizon and the only problem we have is in the evenings when it seems everybody is On-Line using the Cell Tower Signals.
    That looked like a Malibu (Pic 21) that you weren't sure of. Lots of memories of working on a lots of those Classics.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on my reading finally. Sounds like you're having a suitably lazy time down there, falling asleep in mid-afternoon! Getting a little chilly up here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the AT&T Mobley which is unlimited data for $20.00 a month. It seems to work real well almost anywhere. Of course we still have a the cell phones which are with Rodgers for cell usage but use the Mobley all we can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking the red car is a Chevelle Chevrolet. Maybe an SS Chevelle.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the classic cars. My granddad was a Pontiac dealer for almost 50 years. I loved it when the new cars were introduced each year, all of the brochures, and especially when a new car came in to go on the showroom floor. Lake Havasu is a place I hope to visit someday....maybe next winter. Those warm temperatures sound great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cars! Looks like a perfect kind of day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day! The car show looked really interesting. Very pretty town and I really love the beach area! I could see sitting there with a book and a cold drink! I like breakfast for dinner, Ken not so much. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have a waffle this am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice sunrise picture.
    Our Yooper Picnic is held at the Rotary Park in Lake Havasu City and is a nice location on the lake.
    To think they disassembled the London Bridge, numbered all the stones, and then re-assembled it in Arizona is "mind-blowing"...:).

    ReplyDelete