Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Vacating our Illegal Site, Moving Across the Road, Hot Days, Yay!

Wednesday, Nov. 22nd arrives and it is our moving day. Nothing to rush about, check out is 11 am and we are only moving about 10 minutes away across I-95S. Our time is up here and it has been a wonderful stay. I will miss the pool, the clubhouse puzzle and the free wifi but also look forward to new adventures elsewhere.

Ready to pull out of our wrong site
As I’ve mentioned previously, Rose and George have graciously offered us a spot to park on their property for 4 nights rather than driving out of the city and boondocking at Lone Tree. This will give us continued power source and water which is terrific! We can certainly do the dry camping for 4 nights without hardship but when offered “free” hookups, we’re in! Thanks guys! We will look after your place for you.

The Suite is coming so we must be moving again
So, after posting my blog this morning we finished reading with our tea and coffee. We had a quick breakfast and Bill went out to put the satellite dish, patio mat, chairs and Weber Q away. I finished up inside and got cleaned up myself. The sky is a brilliant blue and so far no wind is visible. I look out the window and see our hummer flying around and snatching a few drinks before I put the feeder away. I should give him directions to our new location.

We are at the top of the driveway looking out to the street
We were packed up and said our goodbyes to the neighbours by 9 and pulled out of the park at 9:30. Taking the Suite the short jaunt across the interstate to George’s home was a mere 10 minutes and by 10:15 we were all set up, hooked up and ready to relax with the exception of the satellite dish.

And this is the view from the street
Once slides are opened up, then I move Clemson from the truck. Same as when we close up. I can close everything except the dining side with him inside. He gets too hot and bothered and I don’t blame him. He moved inside, found the sunshine from the southeast window and settled in his bed. Home again with Mom and Dad. Bill keeps telling him that when the Suite moves, he moves.

Rose and George's pretty little home
This is a beautiful spot up here on a hill with a view out at the lake from the drive and the nose of our home. There is a wee bit of a lip near the base of the driveway, at the street, and we had to remove the ladders in order for Bill to make the reverse incline. Other than that, with the pedal to the metal Black Beauty brought us up.

Their motor home sits out front and their flag flies overhead
We made another tea and Bill hooked up the water hose in the hopes of getting the shaded side of the Suite washed this afternoon. I have hopes of reading and enjoying the sun and shade as the temperature skyrockets. I sent a message asking Rose if she’d mind if I used her gravity lounger. We didn’t bring ours, they were so heavy but sure wished I had it now. I brought a lightweight lawn chair that lays flat but not worth getting it pulled out for 4 days.

When Rose said 'make yourselves at home' Bill did
Our Suite was sooo very dirty
So, I relaxed in the sun while Bill made our Suite glean on the north side. There is just a titch of a breeze here, the flag is lightly blowing and I was getting baked. I moved to the shade while Bill moved on to washing the same side of Black Beauty. At 12:30 we moved inside and he made a sandwich and I made a lettuce, salami, cheese wrap. Hmm, that tasted wonderful, topped off with a Smirnoff cooler.

Clemson usually hops into his bed first thing after we settle
Outside I finished my book and moved on inside. If you want a lighthearted read, check it out. Inside, Bill and Clemson were totally relaxed in the chairs and the sun had tuckered me out. Bill was watching a Christmas movie on the living room tv so I went to the bedroom to either have a siesta or watch something up there. I listened to the conversation as Bill called his Dad and caught up on the Stratford news. 

and the chairs wait for me to choose
I went for a walk down the street. I am blown away by the beautiful homes just on this street alone and snapped a few pictures. 

And I chose
There is a view of the lake from this driveway which must be awesome for Rose and George if they like sunsets like I do. The best thing about my walk though was as I approached what appeared to be a wash, I could hear a familiar noise. I knew what it was immediately and was tickled to see a couple of quail squabbling under the tree. As I got closer, there were at least 20 scurrying around. I was so excited! However, catching them on film (so to speak) was a different story.

Beautiful homes around here
I love this one
Well, it is pretty and in a prime location but we wouldn't
want to back the Suite up there
While I watched, a couple of bunny rabbits hopped in and out of my view. It was certainly hot so I didn’t dawdle, instead heading on back to the Suite. We had been offered to use George’s barbecue instead of getting ours out so Bill got it started.  and while it heated up, I called Mom. She was somewhat confused about what she’d done that day but felt it was something that took her outside, maybe a bus trip. No worries, she sounded great and happy to hear that we were enjoying the heat of Arizona.

Even this style of home is appealing
And this is as close as I could get
Our bacon cheeseburgers were delicious on lightly toasted buns and the few dishes were cleaned up quickly. There were a couple of annoying barking dogs across the street somewhere so when we went inside, we closed the door and all windows. This meant turning our Fantastic Fan on reverse to bring the cooler air in. We had the a/c running for a short time during dinner but it isn’t necessary for it to run all evening.

2 simple bacon cheeseburgers coming up
And behind us, through this carport
you can see the pink mountains from the sun
Bill suggested we watch the recorded television programs we have on our PVR and that was our Wednesday evening plan. I didn’t figure I’d be up too late even though it has been a very relaxed day for me but watching our regular shows should keep me awake. Once again, we are grateful for the offer to stay here and so the night before Thanksgiving seems to be the perfect time to express that.



I hope you have had a great day. We have!




Goodnight
Thank you for stopping in today. Your comments are welcome.

12 comments:

  1. They do have a beautiful spot there glad that you got up the driveway with no issues, the neighbourhood is beautiful we enjoyed a few great walkabouts there too. Too bad that they are not there , but at least you got to see them the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We expect our hosts to be home either tomorrow or Saturday so we will still see them before we leave.

      Delete
  2. nice read!!! those homes are beautiful in that neighborhood for sure. see you sunday...until then, continue to enjoy the warm sunshine and happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed the post, Lori. Happy A. Thanksgiving to you guys too.
      See you soon!

      Delete
  3. You have had some beautiful sunsets the last couple of nights.
    Looks like you have landed in another beautiful spot at the right price. There certainly are a lot of beautiful homes in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a lovely spot and the price is perfect!
      What a beautiful city.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice spot and the price is right.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice spot. Some interesting homes in the area. Enjoy your time there. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Be safe, take care.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll try not to strain ourselves here in Havasu. :)
      Happy A. Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful homes in the area, but nice you can get the Suite in there no problem! Great looking sunset once again! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete