Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Borrowed Wi-fi, Black Beauty Gets Attention, Another Slow, Lovely Day

I was awake and up at 7 on Tuesday, Nov. 14th and downloaded pictures from yesterday onto my laptop. If you read my blog regularly you will have noticed that I didn’t post last night. I decided to take advantage of the park’s wi-fi occasionally. So, after letting Clemson out, I took my laptop and phone and hi-tailed it up to the EAST clubhouse. I met Annette and she crossed her fingers that I would have good luck.

I didn’t have luck at all so I took my laptop the extra steps across the road to the WEST clubhouse. I opened my ThinkPad hit the button and it connected right away. Yes! (hand pump in the air) I had already written my post so proceeded to add the pictures and hit publish. Since I was there I figured I’d read the blog posts of others. When I noticed that Bill had commented on something from the Suite, I texted Good morning to him and told him where I was.
The EAST clubhouse was comfy but not Wi-fi friendly to me
On the way home I chatted to a couple of rv’ers about the park Wi-fi. Everyone has had different experiences with it. It was 55F outside and I was not properly dressed, not thinking I’d have to walk that far. I was chilled by the time I returned and Bill had my cup and teabag in the Keurig waiting for me. It sure hit the spot and warmed me up.
Looks like some kind of a rose bush but not thorny
Whatever it is, it is very pretty
Soon after, Bill got his cereal and cleaned up to go into the city. Black Beauty needed a replacement fuel filter and we spotted the location of the Ford dealers not too far down the road. When he left, I had my yogourt, banana and granola before I cleaned up too. When I saw Steve and Kathy pulling out with their trailer, I ran out to say goodbye. I hope we meet up with them again. They are working their way to Quartzsite, Pilot Knob and finally Indio, California.
This cactus is flowering, awesome!
I had received a form for Mom from Service Canada that needed to be filled out. Duh. I don’t understand the need and tried calling a couple of times to see if there was an issue. After listening to their formatted voice message ‘if you want this, press that’, ‘if you want that, press this’, I hear ‘if you wish to speak to someone in person, press “0”. Okay, that is what I did.
As I left the clubhouse, these folk were getting into a game of what
I used to call "Grunt"
A couple more prompts and then silence. I’m cut off. Twice! Not wishing to be any more of a sucker for punishment, I filled out the form, wrote a note on the bottom relaying the difficulty and asked them to contact ME if they were having a problem.  I walked up to the WEST clubhouse and office, dropped the letter in the mailbox and went inside to work on the puzzle. Other than one fellow playing pool by himself, I was alone and made great progress on the puzzle.

When Bill texted that he was home after an hour and a half, I walked back. We had a second coffee together and decided today would be another day of rest. I do “rest” like a pro. The sky has cleared out nicely before noon so I’m sure I’ll visit the pool again after lunch. Supper has been decided so what else is there to do? Outside I went with my tea and book.

Doggie hydrant in the doggie park
The rest of the day skimmed by and I’m finding it really hard to put my book down. I read for quite a while and changed to go up to the pool at 1:00. No one was there so I took the required shower, set a noodle at the edge with my hat and did my laps. I only do a couple and then I noodle float for the rest of the time. I was probably alone for 30 minutes before one fellow who always comes up at 1:30 joined me. We exchanged pleasantries before I got out and stretched out on my chair. More reading transpired.

Bill arrived around 2:15 and we had both vacated the pool and the area by 3:30. I came back to continue reading outside. It was such a nice day out there with clear blue skies. Having a swim in the pool is the perfect thing to do on an 83F day. I didn’t get back up to the puzzle, I’ll go in the morning and hopefully it isn’t finished yet. Seldom am I the one to put that last piece in!
Shortly after 5 we set about preparing for supper. Bill cut up two potatoes, skin on and I dipped the Tilapia filets in Fish Crisp for frying. The oil in our small deep fryer was soon ready. Because our fryer is so small, we need to do the potatoes in two lots so once one lot was done, I began frying the fish. We both regret NOT getting the next size up, trying to keep things small and light for the Suite. Food was ready at the same time, hey, we’re getting good at this!
and then I did what I do best
Relaxed outside with an iced tea, an ice cream bar and my book

Supper was yummy. Bill likes his fries the traditional way with ketchup, salt and pepper. I like mine with butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. We both enjoy tartar sauce for our fish. Bill likes milk and I like water to drink with our meal. It is awesome, when we are so different in some things, how we hit it off with this whole full-timing thing. As my bracelet says, Lucky Me.

After supper was done we cleaned up the dishes and at 6 MT we were ready to sit down and watch our Tuesday night shows. Starting with NCIS, then Bull, NCIS New Orleans, and The Voice. This is Us will be recorded for another night. I’m the only one who watches that. This has been a progressive day, getting the truck taken care of, as well as a totally relaxing day too. I can only hope that you got some relaxing in as well.
I should have added my little tomatoes before taking the picture
Another bland looking (but delicious) meal

Thank you for stopping in to read my day’s events. I hope you don’t mind terribly that I am posting in the morning now to take advantage of our free Wi-fi. Your comments are appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good relaxing day, and fish with fish crisp is awesome, I sometimes use our fry daddy or pan fry, both work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish crisp is easy to use and I like the flavour too. Our fryer is too small for fish.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day you had once again! Don't blame you for taking advantage of FREE..I would too! Your meal looks delicious gotta say! How lovely that the pool is not crowded at all when you're there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are loving the pool and this weather!
      Trying to conserve our wifi hotspot, it seems to use a fair bit while posting pictures on my blog.

      Delete
  3. Another lovely relaxing day enjoying a good book and the sun. Someone has to do it, (Okay, I admit it I may be just a tad jealous...lol), and I am happy you are that someone. Though, even without any sun or warmth, today was a good day here also. Tom is home and feeling a lot better and we are cautiously optimistic, after what the doctor had to say, that there may be a light at the end of this tunnel...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!I love the optimism I read in your comment. We had a good day and thank you for agreeing that I am a good candidate for the lazy sun thing. :)
      Our fingers are crossed and prayers being answered.

      Delete
  4. Post it, they will come. We found your blog, we follow it, and when you post won't stop us from reading it. Good free wifi is worth a walk. ~lol~ Love the pics, sounds like a perfect day. I think dinner looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thank you. Me posting at 8 am means it is 10 for folks back home but I'm sure they'll catch up too. :)
      Free wifi is a bonus. Usually it isn't too fast in a park but we have been pleasantly surprised at the last two.

      Delete