Friday, November 10, 2017

Stocking Up, New Friends, Beautiful Pool, Warm Night

Friday, Nov. 10th started out with me getting up at 7 and going for a walk down London Bridge Road. I was headed for the lake instead of touring around the park this morning. Well, it turned out that the lake was farther than I thought so turned around half way after capturing the sunrise as best I could. It was 15C/58F and the sky was blue and the wind was nonexistent. Purrffectt! I did notice just past the edge of our park that a mini mart had a post office. Great, I'd be back for stamps.

Pink mountain tops means the sun is rising

I did my best to find it
 On my way back to our site I saw Bill and Clemson coming out to meet me. 


We came inside and had our morning cup of java. We read blogs and comments, had a bite to eat and both had wonderful long hot showers. Today we drove into Walmart in L.H.C. by going the back route. We could drive along London Bridges Road into their back entrance without setting wheels on the main ‘drag’ of I-95. We weren’t into the rat race today or the tourist race either.

Love these baby palms
We picked up a few bags of groceries, topping up our fruits, veggies and meats and turned around and headed home. Yesterday Bill heard about a great price for DEF (Diesel Emission Fluid) at Walmart while chatting with the ‘pool guys’. They weren’t kidding, 2.5-gallon jugs for $7.88 each. Wow! He got two at that price.
Looking through the horseshoe area you can see the lake

Horseshoes anyone?

Attractions like this add to the park decor
 As we were checking out the cashier commented on our ‘cute’ poppies and asked their significance. We sure don’t think of them that way but Bill explained their meaning to her. They celebrate Veteran’s Day but they don’t wear anything to represent it like we do. We noticed when we left the parking lot that there is a Pet Smart at the end of the strip mall too so will pick up Clemson’s Blue Buffalo dry food there before we leave on the 22nd
My goal was to reach the lake this morning
I didn't quite get there
Back home at the Suite we did some banking and email stuff with another coffee before I settled outside in the sun. I have to move my chair to the vacant site beside us to catch the early sun but that is working for now. If someone comes in there, I’ll find another spot at the front of our unit. I didn’t sit long and decided to get ready for the pool. Bill was planning a short snooze first and then he’d join me so I walked up at 1 and got a prime spot.
Selfie back at home watching tv
When Bill joined me around 1:45 I was pretty much cooked and I got in the pool again to cool off. That tells you how hot it was outside when I got into a 83F pool to cool off. While there we met a couple from B.C., very nice people wintering like we are. They have been doing it for 15 years and now talking about trying other options. They offered up a lot of suggestions of places to go around Havasu and at least a couple we will take them up on. Unfortunately, they are leaving Tuesday but we exchanged cards and hopefully we will see them a few times before then.

Being close to the airport, there are always small planes flying over
It was neat to hear and then see these 3 military choppers
Bill left the pool 30 minutes earlier than I did but when I walked back he hadn’t made it home. I found him talking to someone with an Imagine in the row just behind the clubhouse. Everyone has lots to share and Bill offered some assistance with an issue he was having. We came back and turned the outside tv on while we sat in the shade. These warm days are unbelievable at 81F and we’re certainly not complaining!

The darker outside it gets, the clearer the picture is
At 5 Bill lit the Weber Q. We learned last night that waiting until 6 made it difficult to barbecue. It is too dark. The location of our bbq does not allow a good visual from our outside light so we just plan to start earlier. Yes, we ‘could’ move the table but then we lose seating space. Today at Walmart Bill found a package of large pork meatballs and we thought we’d try them tonight.

Yummy, supper in 30 minutes!
When he was ready to start cooking, he placed the meatballs on the grill mat. I had prepped a quarter of an acorn squash and wrapped it in tinfoil. That went on the grill as well with a can of brown beans. During the cooking, I texted my sister at the hospital in Richmond Hill and was pleased and surprised to get a response. Today’s technology! They already had her up walking today so that is awesome!

It doesn't look like a lot but it was filling, trust me
 Supper was ready, everything at the same time in 30 minutes. These pork meatballs were delicious and 2 each were just enough. That means we will get another 2 meals out of the package. My squash was sooo good and I have more for other meals too. I need to separate the rest of the meat, chops, chicken breasts and steak that we bought tomorrow for freezing. I also need to remember to wash the fridge out from that spillage. I keep forgetting! It is the sun's fault, it is too nice to be inside. :D
Trying to keep an eye on the setting sun
We did dishes up right away and I walked down around the corner to drop garbage in the bin and realized what a beautiful evening it was. I sat outside with my book reading by our outside light for 20 minutes or so. It wasn’t great light and I didn’t want to hurt my eyes so moved inside to finish this post. At least I got a chapter in to a new book and that is often the hardest part moving from one book to another.

Walking down a little further, I caught an uninterrupted view
This one is called Tough Customer by Sandra Brown. We’ll see how it pans out. This has been another great day, with great weather, new friends and more pool time. I hope you have had a great day too.
Into a new book and a fairly new author
Thank you for sticking your head in! Your comments are always welcome.

11 comments:

  1. Glad that you are enjoying that park and the area, keep doing that and you will have an awesome winter.
    Alway fun to meet up with new friends as well. Part of the lifestyle,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George for helping to tip us the right way in our decision. :)
      We do love this lifestyle.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome Patsy, glad that you are living and enjoying the dream!

      Delete
  2. Glad to read your sister is doing well and is up and walking.
    By the way I forgot to mention it when you changed your header picture...I really think this is a nice one of the two of you.
    I truly envy the warmth you are enjoying...:)
    The one really nice thing about my Kindle, I can read in the dark. Nice sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy is a determined soul so hope she follows the rules!
      Thanks, I like that picture too.
      Wish we could send some warmth to you for the time being until you get down here.
      I have a Kobo but it doesn't have the back light so I can't read it in the dark either.

      Delete
  3. I love the new header picture as well Pat. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say Patsy you look like you're right in your element :) Beautiful park and surroundings. I agree, love the new header picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am a 'sun nut'. Give me sunshine and I'm a happy camper......literally!

      Delete