Monday, November 20, 2017

Wind Dies Down or Does It? Clubhouse Chatter, Bill Cleans Lights, Visit with Friends

On Sunday, Nov. 19th I woke up early because of my early retreat to bed last night. I stayed in bed until after 6 before crawling out and getting dressed. I hadn’t finished writing my post or downloading pics from yesterday so made my tea and did that first. As I mentioned, the beer bomber hit me hard and I didn’t write anything after we got home. Ha ha.
The Fire Department is just down the street from the park
This is where the spaghetti dinner was held
 So, as I was finishing up my drink Bill joined me and I bundled against the cool morning to walk to the clubhouse. It was 10C/51F. People back home will laugh at me for saying 10C is cold but we‘ve been spoiled! I was the only one up there for about 10 minutes until Mr. Poolguy arrived. He’s never said more than “good morning” to me before which has been just dandy. This morning he must have taken a “chipmunk” pill because he wouldn’t shut up!

It is nice to exchange pleasantries but you need to also learn to ‘read’ your listeners. If they are facing a laptop and periodically breaking eye contact to type, shouldn’t that tell the talker something? Well, some of his stories were interesting but most of it was babble about ‘me me me’ and I don’t mean ME! After 40 minutes of listening and trying to download pictures into my post, I ‘sneakily’ texted Bill “need distraction, call me”.
Once my phone rang (thank you sweetie) Mr. Poolguy (who hadn’t even broke the billiard balls yet) aka Mr. Chatterbox, moved on to the puzzle room where his wife was sitting after 30 minutes. She didn’t even have the sense to say “are you distracting the lady?” Bill knows I’ve done that at least to give the listener an out, if necessary. I quickly finished my post and published then went on to play my two Facebook games while he was out of the room.

Yummy!
I was back at the Suite at 9:20, much later than I’d hoped. I’m worried now that the same thing will happen tomorrow so Bill will have instruction before I leave to call once and check the status. 😊 We finished reading posts at home, that doesn’t take much data. Bill decided today was the day to clean our small LED pot lights and the fan light. He got the inside 3-step ladder out and set about doing that while I made a second tea.


Unfortunately, the big light over the sink needs cleaning the most. I say unfortunately because we can see all the flies that have crawled in there but the light covers are on so tight that he can’t get them off. Crap! Maybe he’ll have to try the flat nozzle on our vacuum hose and see if he can suck them out the same way they crawl in. Those flies from home will be the death of us!

I recommend this book
When Bill finished all of the lights, I started cutting up peppers, onions, celery and bacon for toasted westerns for brunch. It was about 11 so this would do until supper. We aren’t buying sliced bread down here, I think I’ve mentioned our dislike of it in the south, but have some really nice hamburger buns. They are large but thin enough to go into the toaster and they are very good toasted. Breakfast was delish!

The prime spot on our site to catch sun and block wind
After cleaning up dishes together, I went outside to the front corner of the Suite and found the sun and shelter from the wind which had picked up again. The temperature rose to a balmy 72F this afternoon and much warmer in the sun’s heat, I’m sure. I was very comfy in a tank top and shorts, removing my hoody soon after sitting down. This book may be finished today, I’m so close.
Yay! a little visitor for dinner

He/she posed for a very long time for me

Interesting how the blue sky reflects on the Suite
Almost looks like a blue paint job
There was an Ice Cream Social at the clubhouse today but having had a good late breakfast, we opted out again. We can have ice cream at home. Bill came out and all 3 of us went for a walk around the park before we sat outside together, he in the shade, me in the sun, to read some more. At shortly after 3 I heard from Rose and George who had returned home from some rock hunting this morning.
And he wasn't shy
We took the drive across I-95 to visit them at their house. What beautiful homes around here, even one very unusual Flintstone-type structure. We just had to stop and take a picture. Rose and George welcomed us to their home and we sat in the back yard catching up. George made us a Caesar and it went down pretty good. Our second happy hour!

This grouping of trees at the horseshoe pit looked beautiful against the blue sky

Saguaro cactus in the park
While there, George extended an invite for us to park in their upper driveway for the 4 nights after we pull out of the park. They will be away until Saturday so we will probably take them up on it. Full hookups in town, nice views, we think it is a very nice offer. We said our goodbyes around 5:30 and drove home towards a gorgeous sunset.

Strangest gazebo we've seen
It is made of rock and cement making it look prehistoric
For supper we were just having leftovers. My tacos, pork rinds, hamburger casserole and beans. Quite the mixture but it worked and it filled us, at least until we are ready for that ice cream. We cleaned up dishes and Bill sat with his book while I sat at my laptop. I had an episode of This is Us to watch so around 8 Bill went up to the bedroom to watch a movie while I did that. It was a teary one.

Hey Rose and George! Great to see you!
It has been a very relaxed day, seems we’re having a lot of those and it feels great. I didn’t get many pictures taken today so I’ll keep this shorter so as not to put you to sleep. I hope you’ve had a great day as well. PS – our ice cream was yummy!

The sunset over Lake Havasu
Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you.

12 comments:

  1. Hope you can get those bugs out of your lights. I actually had to do that yesterday myself, can't figure out how they get in there in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't give up, there is an opening up at the top by the wood frame.

      Delete
  2. Nice that you got to visit Rose and George they do have a nice place.
    We parked there last year and enjoyed the place and their company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have a huge piece of city property. We'll park there when we leave here.

      Delete
    2. Be careful going up their lane way entrance at the road is very steep, we had issues.

      Delete
    3. George and Bill discussed the incline but he doesn't have an issue because his coach is higher than yours and so is our 5th wheel. Thanks though. We should be fine.

      Delete
    4. Hope is works our for you , glad that you checked it out.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the flies. Very nice offer from your friends. Sounds like a great day!

    Take care, be safe.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, we'll get 'em sooner or later!
      It is a lovely offer from Rose and George.

      Delete
  4. What a great day once again! Too bad some people don't take a hint, but glad you've got your "distraction"..George and Rose sound like wonderful people, I remember when George and Suzie were there last year. Beautiful weather you're having, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was certainly annoying. Bill is now my backup!
      They are lovely people and very generous to offer their lane for us.
      This is nice weather, hope it sticks around. :)

      Delete
  5. You promised us that the nice weather would stick around....we're counting on it! Dang, I didn't get it in writing;-).

    ReplyDelete