Monday, November 6, 2017

Early Stroll, Bill's Day, The Airport, Count, Pawns, Restorations All in a Day

I was wide awake just before 5 this morning simply because I went to bed last night at 9. I read as long as I could and had to cash it in. I dropped off right away and didn’t hear Bill come up so obviously I was tired. This morning, Monday, Nov. 6th we had things to do, places to go and people to see.


Good morning, Mr. Moon, go to bed now


The boys were still sleeping so at 6 I slipped out for a nice walk around the inside and outside perimeter of the sleeping park. Not too many people up at that time but it is light out and a good private time to walk. It was 12C/53F with a breeze so I wore my light scarf and a wind breaker over my hoodie. By the time I got back the scarf was off and my jacket unzipped.
Park roses still in bloom
Bill was up at the computer reading and enjoying his coffee when I returned. I’d earned my tea today and it hit the spot as I joined him reading comments and blogs. The clouds rolled in by the time we both had our showers and Bill had mapped out today’s route. This is kind of a Bill day, seeing places from reality shows he loves to watch. I’m game to go with him, hey, it’s Las Vegas!

Rental units in the park

Nice showers and washrooms here too
We left the Suite at 9:15 putting Clemson in charge once more. He is such a good dog and we do feel some guilt about leaving him home so much. Once we get settled in a place where we don’t need to sight see so much, we will make it up to him.  😊 The drive to Las Vegas was quiet and a good one. Although I must warn you...........picture overload begins now.

It was touching to see flags at half mast because of the Texas shooting yesterday
The mountain colours never let us down

A little old fashioned water tower
so cute!
We had keyed the addresses for 4 locations into our GPS before pulling out and headed first to McCarran International Airport. 

The tunnel brings us out at the Airport
We wanted to be familiar with where to go at the airport when we got onsite. Once we figured that out we drove to visit the shop of Counts Kustoms. One of Bill’s favourite car shows. Of course, the guys he wanted to see were all in the shops working and you’re not allowed in there. At least we got to tour the showroom and what a display! I’ve posted a few of my favourites but first pictures of Las Vegas.




this picture takes us through Disneyland.......wha?
Count Kustoms


It isn't always the vehicles that amaze us
It is Ryan's paint job that steals the show
Here is your golf cart, Gerry B.

Pictures don't do it justice but this was gorgeous

I love this Pontiac GTO (for me!)

I though of my little bro, Michael for this 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner

These helmets were Horny Mike's display
He is a graphic artist in the shop
And this is just down right purty
The blending in the shades of blue are striking
From there we followed directions to Las Vegas Boulevard to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop. This is the shop you see on the television show Pawn Stars. We haven’t watched it for a while now, but used to pop into the History channel to see it quite a bit. Since it was in the area, Bill wanted to check the store out. It was interesting too. Nobody from the show was visible around here either, or wait, is that Rick we’re posing with?


It was busy in the shop, not just onlookers either

Not Bill's best profile - he was trying to hide the camera and his glasses

 Lastly, we drove to Mesquite Ave where another show that Bill likes had their store. Rick’s Restorations is tucked under an overpass and he also has a neat little shop. We saw Rick behind the glass, where you could watch them work, and caught his attention. He waved but didn’t come out to say hi. I guess they have a job to do as well. This program is no longer aired.



Inside the shop, things yet to be restored

My favourite thing here is the blue fan
I love it!

Rick in the back working


We left the area, found our road back towards Pahrump and just on the outskirts of Las Vegas stopped at a Carl’s Jr for lunch. It was just after 1 pm. We each had a burger, which is their specialty and for once the portion sizes were perfect. As we drove home we knew that we would only need a light supper tonight. Or maybe just dessert. It was 2:45 when we returned home to our Suite and our little sweetie, just in time for his supper.
A fast food lunch at Carl's Jr.
Cheap but filling combos
I sat to catch up on my post before sitting with Bill. We were both pretty zonked so reading lasted only a few minutes before we dozed a bit. Our Monday night programs start at 5 PT so we decided to watch them instead of recording them tonight. We’ve missed some of our regulars on our way out here but have a couple on PVR to watch. From here on in we’ll have our satellite so may as well start watching them now.

The clouds were so pretty and this jet added to the picture
I got a kick out of something my daughter posted on Facebook for me. She was in St. Jacob’s, Ont. which is a touristy little town with quaint shops of crafts and homemade goodies etc. She posted a picture of a doll she saw. I have the exact same doll and have had since I was a wee girl. I’ve never seen a duplicate. I have ‘Polly’ in our Suite with 3 other childhood dolls. I immediately went to my cupboard and took a picture of her for Bridgette.
this is my Polly
We watched The Voice and The Brave, back to back and that brought us up to 8 o’clock. Back home these shows are aired at 8 and 10 pm respectively and I usually can’t stay up to see the latter.
Another colourful mountain shot on our way home
I’ve enjoyed this day even though it was kind of guy’s stuff, I enjoyed the cars, the pawned items and the items in the restoration shop. I’m just disappointed for Bill that he didn’t get to shake anyone’s hand, a signed post card and a t-shirt will have to do. We both wore shorts today and I was a little concerned that we might be cool. The sun returned in Vegas and the temperature rose to a gorgeous 77F. Was your day a good one?
And to all a good night
Thanks for reading along today. Your comments are always welcome!

19 comments:

  1. There are 2 terminals at McCarran Airport. If the flight is coming from Canada, probably the new Terminal, #3.
    https://www.mccarran.com/Terminals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Terminal #3 they are coming in on and we found where we need to go. We'll just be there early enough to get parked and go inside and meet them.
      Thanks bonkers.

      Delete
  2. Love the early morning walkabouts they are so peaceful.
    Looks like a fun day in Vegas, lost of glitter to see, and Bill accomplished his goal. We toured around there for a couple of days 10 years ago and the best part that we enjoyed was the Fremont St experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drove past Fremont St and plan to take Donna and Gerry down it when they are here. Looks like fun!

      Delete
    2. The light show after dark is awesome!

      Delete
  3. That's comforting that you know where to find us when we fly in! Just look for the two misplaced Canucks;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least we can do! ha ha
      There are 18 exits to the parking lot from Terminal 3 that you could come out of so we will park and be inside watching for you. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh and can you wear moose hats or something?? haha

      Delete
  4. Love the pics!! Sounds like a great day. I'm sure Clemson is more happy being home than seeing the sights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OLLH. Clemson is indeed happier here, and so are we.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Vegas. Always stop there during the winter. Arizona Charlies RV park on the Boulder Highway has great weekly rates for full hookups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See why you called it "Bill's Day", Tom knew all about the places...lol. Though it would be interesting to see. The last time we were in Las Vegas those shows didn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha too funny, a guys' thing for sure but I enjoyed it. Their prices are so high though or we would have picked up a souvenir at each place.

      Delete
  8. A couple of years ago we took a day and explored. Pawn shop was on the list, we got there early and was still a lot of people. Couldn't find anywhere to park on the strip so we just did a drive by. It's definitely an interesting city. Double western bacon cheeseburger was the first thing my son wanted when he got out of Marine boot camp..still looks awesome! Looks like you're having great weather and such a nice rv park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parking with our big truck was an issue at Counts Kustoms but one of their parking attendants helped us out.
      At Pawn Stars, there is now free parking on either side of the building and we got in easily.
      Bill ordered the western and it sounded good so I went with it too. It was good.

      Delete
  9. Will you park in vegas for a night or 2 when your company comes to town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. No, we will drive to Fremont Street and park somewhere so we can walk the strip. It is something we all want to do and say we have done. :)
      We will be camped an hour and a half away and there are many touring things on the list. :)

      Delete
    2. We will be in Bullhead City at a park for two weeks.

      Delete