Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Last Day in This Paradise, Walkabouts, Propane, Pool

We were up to welcome Tuesday, Nov. 7th by 6:30 so had slept in a wee bit later than our previous mornings. We did our reading and had our morning coffees before Bill got out the materials needed to wash our outside windows. Man, they were dirty! He had the step ladder off when I thought it was a perfect opportunity to sit on our patio in the sun. Nothing like watching someone work. Well, I actually didn’t even do that, I read my book.
Saying goodbye to the Park clubhouse

A great place to have breakfast and other occasional meals together
or for simply playing cards
At 10 o’clock Bill took our small 20 lb. propane tank from the Weber to the fill station right behind us and stood in line. There were quite a few tanks dropped off but if you stand and wait, they serve you first. Worked for us. Our tank was outdated, not surprising, but here they are only 5 year refillable where at home they are 10. Even at home it was outdated this year. The price was right though at $2.50/gallon.

The Propane Station
The friend from Kingston in the Solitude the other night stopped over to chat with us after getting his tank filled. Nice guy and we exchanged cards this time. They are heading to Lake Havasu and Bullhead City over the next few weeks, just like we are, but different spots. This morning Bill called AOR and got a couple of reservations made for us so we are a little on the books (aka scheduled) now and know where we’ll be and when.
I'm not the only one who enjoys the sun
After a second tea, I closed my book and wandered back to the Main Office to buy stamps. She doesn’t have a lot so I bought what I needed to mail a couple of post cards. Then I stopped in to check out the round puzzle but there has been slow movement on it since I left it and still no books that strike me as ones I wanted to read. Back home, Bill had finished the windows and was enjoying a coffee outside as well, with Clemmy.

We had some excitement today at the park

A motorcycle cop
 Such a beautiful day today, sitting in the sun here at 17C/63F  feels like 80F at home. So nice! I brought my laptop out to the picnic table so I could start my post and continue to enjoy the day while Bill was working. Next, he checked on the Suite tires. We’re pulling out in the morning so we’ll be doing the overall check outside, dumping tanks and securing the inside before we leave. We are going from one park to another so we don’t need to fill our fresh water tank.

Ambulance

I went to the pool after having some banana and yogourt for lunch and had a nice conversation with another rv’er. She and her husband are from Michigan and are here for the winter. Talking to her makes me even more grateful for the life Bill and I are able to experience. She is a recovering cancer patient going for one last chemo treatment tomorrow and looks as healthy as I do. Very, very nice lady. I wish her well.

It was beautiful at the pool
Tonight, for supper we are warming up our leftover steak and I’ll make up a salad on the side. That should do it. I didn’t take many pictures today so I’ll make this short as I believe pictures encourage you to stick with me! It has been a good relaxing day for me. Sometimes it is good not to have things going on, we all know that. With an hour and a half before supper, I walked up to the clubhouse and worked on the circular puzzle once more. I was really making progress so hope someone else carries on. For me, being a full-timer, I love that I can still get my puzzle fix.

Thank you for stopping in. I’d love to hear from you if you have time.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to see that y;all had an great time there in that wonderful area, safe travels on down the road ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. I enjoy sightseeing, when we are in a new area, but there is something to be said about just relaxing and letting the day unfold.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a day here and there for sightseeing is good but we also like to just sit. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice, quiet day. I like those too as usually the day goes slower, and we know how fast the days usually go! Clemson looked happy in the sunshine..he sure is a cutie! Lot's of people in line for propane! We have a couple of our tanks that we're trying to get recertified right now. Did they do that for you there, or did they go ahead and fill? Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the days do seem longer when we are relaxing.
      Clemson is just like his Mom had we enjoy the sun together.
      They do propane fills on Tuesday and Thursday only so everyone gears up, I guess.
      They exchanged our tank for a new one, wouldn't fill it.

      Delete
  4. The area around there sure looks enticing. Lots to see and do. Glad you guys had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we really enjoyed this area and will go back for longer.

      Delete