Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Coming Down or Going Up, Another Thing Settled

The Ridge

So, after a late Saturday night (late for us) at the campfire, Bill and I slept in until almost 7:30 on Sunday, Sept 13th. I heard the heavy rain at 5 am so I must have been in half-wakefulness because I didn’t hear it at midnight nor at any other time through the night. Bill said those things happened, off and on all night. I felt rested when I joined Bill downstairs for my tea.

We noticed on our drive this morning that some leaves
are starting to get dressed for fall

After it was finished, I had a nice hot shower and we left the Suite around 10. Today, this morning, we were driving to Billy’s parent’s farm to see about a winter storage location for our home. It was offered so we wanted to check it out and get that settled, if we could. They are being generous and we appreciate it very much. Billy showed us the location behind a shed, so sheltered, and that suits us just fine and dandy. We would be 10 minutes away living in Paisley in case we wanted to check the roof or get something over the winter months.

Driving through small towns under blue skies

Before we left, Billy took us inside to meet his Mom and Dad (Mike’s sister and bil) and we confirmed directly about storage for the period of approximately 6 months. We left there and took a leisurely drive back through Cargill, Pinkerton, and Chepstow, all names from my younger memory bank. I guess they were towns we went through on the way to the farm. We drove around the outskirts of Hanover and Bill showed me the lake cottage that they had been working on these past few days.

The town name of Pinkerton brought back memories
but I wish I'd got the whole sign in the lens

We stopped in town and I ran into the Dollar Store and then Walmart for a few items. Neither had the complete list of spices I wanted but I didn’t want to go into Independent, where I’m sure I could have got them all. We were tired and I had a throbbing headache. That is rare and not from the absence of food, since I’ve gone longer without eating. I wondered if it was the atmosphere from inside the house. It has been a long time since I've been a smoker's home.

We expressed thanks again before we left the Sawyer farm

Back home, it was too late for lunch so we each had some cheese, a coffee and a rhubarb tart. After some banking in town, Bill updated our Quicken and I moved some $ around on line in our account and Mom’s. We’ve had some rain, sunshine, blue sky but mostly heavy white and gray clouds overhead. The day is pleasant enough, around 18C/65F, so no heat is necessary. I pulled boneless pork chops out of the freezer and hope Madame IP does her magic for me for supper. 😊


Then, we sat back in our chairs as I hoped to get rid of my pounding head. It was easing but taking its time. That worked and while Bill snoozed, I read my book. A true Jack Reacher story, had me turning pages, then chapters quickly. At 5:30, I sautéed the spiced chops in a frypan and then baked them in the convection oven for 20 minutes. I wasn’t expecting anything too great so was pleasantly surprised when they turned out juicy and delicious.

That clear sky from earlier soon disappeared

I’d fried up some hash browns as well and cooked frozen corn for our vegetable. It all tasted great and we were full enough not to need dessert. After dishes, we watched movies until our newest addiction came on. Last week was the premiere of Why Women Kill and we got a kick out of the characters in this hour-long comedy-drama. The night cooled off after this moderate temperature day and we turned the blue flame on low before going to bed.

The pork chops turned out better than I thought
Supper was good

This was a slow day but we were happy to have one more thing taken care of for the winter. Things are falling into place.

The rain returned for a while before supper
but it didn't last long
Have a Good Night!

Thank you for checking us out today. Your comments are always welcome.

19 comments:

  1. Hate to bother with this but remind me who Billy is. Thanks.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, sorry Don. Billy is Mike's (Bill's boss) nephew and he lives on his parent's farm. He works with Bill. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the clarification. I was having to make notes to keep track of all the Bills!!
      Don in Okla.

      Delete
  2. Don't forget to winterize and drain your water. I found putting moth balls around in the trailer will stop from getting mice in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we'd forget that! :) I live with an employee of CanAm.
      We have mouse bait that we will be putting around the trailer and moth balls are also a good idea.Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Mothballs work but smell yucky. I have had trouble with mice in the past so this year I bought a 10 pack of Irish Spring soap. Set it all over camper and then a mouse trap baited with peanut butter on the kitchen counter. Didn't use camper this year so was really pleased at how well the soap worked. Did trap two mice but that was all.
    AR Rpse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've heard about moth balls and Irish Spring. Funny story. My sister put I.S. soap in their trailer and when they came out over the winter to check, the little critters had moved a full bar from its location up into a wall light sconce. Explain that one!!! We laughed over that.

      Delete
  4. Hey Patsy, do all Canadians have to stay home this year?I hope not,as we have friends that come down to Green Valley, Az.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Madame IP didn't do the chops this time, she got the day off. :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you're getting everything taken care of early. When do you plan to move?

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We figure Oct. 21st unless the weather turns nasty sooner. We may as well be warm and not have to pay for too much propane.

      Delete
  7. Being around smoking almost always gives me a headache. I'm happy for you and Bill that things are coming together for your winter plans. Those pork chops look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite a while since I've been in that environment so it surprised me that it hit so hard. Thank you, Cheri, we're glad things are coming together too. :)
      The chops were quite good and that surprised me!

      Delete
  8. The pork chop looked delicious. I'm happy that all the details for your winter stay are falling into place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you have a home for the Suite for the winter and accessible for you guys! Still sorry that you need it :( ..Your quesadilla looked awesome along with your dinner! Now I'm hungry! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete