The Ridge
On Tuesday, July 28th Bill and I woke up around 6:30 - Gibbs too. Actually, the little bum was awake earlier and crawled up to our pillows. *hint, hint* 'I'm awake guys, are you getting up?'

Good morning!
2 1/2 more.
One more that didn't fully open.
🤔
Last night, I felt like I was awake more than asleep but I know that is not true. I went up to bed around 10 or so, very tired. I know I dropped off right away w/ear plugs in because Bill had a movie on downstairs. When Bill came up.....whenever, Gibbs hopped up onto the bed and began burying his rawhide bone.

We really do straighten these quilts
- a lot.
I think it is a game of
'can you guess where my bone is?'
Good grief!! He wouldn't settle down; Bill came close to tossing it on the floor, but that woke me up. Then there I was. Staring at the ceiling, the window, Bill, tossing and turning and doing it all over again. I don't remember when I last looked at the clock but then slept solid until Gibbs moved up.
I had no where to be today, and all Bill had going on was to dump our black tank, re-measure for our stove and go next door to finish the 2nd coat of painting. It was around 10:30 when he went, so as not to wake Dot up. She is a late sleeper. I sat at my craft table determined to finish Robin's plaque.
![]() |
| Yup, there it is. He isn't eating it, just carrying it around, burying it, digging it up and repeat. He wants to take it outside but we ixnay that idea! |
When Bill messaged about making him a sandwich and taking it over at noon, I made one for both of us and we sat together to eat. Dot was gone for the day and Gord, of course, was working. We had a nice chit chat, talking about everything that's ahead of us. Our own little 'date'. 🥰
The sky was such that we had clouds to start the day, then sunshine and when the power went out in the area, I turned the inverter on and unplugged us. The sun was doing the job for us. It came back on while we were having lunch. I managed to finish the project, quite tickled with the result.
Last night, Robin showed us her two air bnbs, the detached one called the Carriage House, and it is quite special, even though not finished yet. I hope she likes this addition. The big house bnb doesn't have a name yet, but she'll come up with a good one.
Trying to come up with something
appropriate and looking vintage
was the challenge.

These daisies make me smile.
It's like 'HELLO!'
I love their cheeriness.
I couldn't decide on supper, the freezer is getting sparse except for the same thing we've been eating. 🤷♀️ I'm not a meal creator like a lot of you, so I'm grateful for my easy-going hubby. He doesn't mind repeat meals. I pulled sausage out and added 'meat' to tomorrow's grocery list. Payday.

Then there are the
Echinacea. They have a long
preparation period, stalks slowly reaching
upwards. Always totally worth it
with their own endearing smiles.
Over the last few days, my screen tent has taken a beating. Between excited little Gibbs not picking up his feet when Daddy comes home and the wind, the tears are just getting bigger and bigger. I decided to just take it down and say goodbye to it. I got a few summers out of it. Bill cut the grass that was in that area.

When I moved the tent, the grass
was noticeably longer in that area.
Now it is cut again.
Bill was back home at 4, got as much done as his arms could handle. Not much left. We had flags to put out so went out together to do that and I saw our geese families flying all around. So nice to see the big babies flying! It's like a practice because they went around and around our area a few times.

And shyer, my Dahlias are
starting to show their faces.
Only one so far.
We had air fried sausages for supper. I cooked 2 potatoes to share and we both had a kale salad. It was all very good. The air outside had cooled off considerably since this morning when it felt humid. No real rain expected but it is a possibility overnight to bring us a wonderful day tomorrow.

I guess I could have just dirtied
one plate but the dishwasher
will run regardless.
There were a few pots to wash by hand but Bill loaded the dishwasher with the rest. This was a good day.
Things have sure changed!
This was July 28, 2017, my first
summer garden harvest. Ever since,
I haven't been able to grow onions.
Maybe I'll try again next spring.
Good night!
Thank you popping around!

No comments:
Post a Comment