The Ridge
On Saturday, July 25th it was just before 7 when I found my way downstairs. Before that, I heard Bill laughing out loud and wondered why. He was downstairs getting ready to go flying and he saw Gibbs upstairs.

Good morning!
2 more today.
There are still buds!!
He was beside me, on his back, legs in the air at the same time I was. I told you he exercises with me! 🤭 Bill was out the door first with a goodbye kiss for Gibbs and I but I was first out the lane. My sweetie sorted the laundry last night for me so it was a 'make-my-tea, grab some yogourt with Gibbs' departure.

I love clouds like this.
The kind of sky you want to be
lying in soft grass looking up at,
with your best friend.
No one was present at the Mat until I was about ready to wash the floors. Sandy had his assistant come in and leave me 'out of order' tags and she emptied all of the washer coins. Well, darn! He includes free laundry in place of a raise, so I had to scrounge to find $8. LOL
I was out of there in good time and went across the street to fill up Ptooties. The gas price had dropped from $1.72/litre to $1.69/litre overnight so my timing was pretty good. Also, with my Journey card, I was due for the .07¢/litre off so that was a bonus too. Ridiculous fuel prices, I know. 🤷♀️
![]() |
| Ptooties' first trip. The second one, I had Gibbs in the front seat, supervising. |
As I approached our place, I was pumped to clean up the branches down the lane from yesterday. I had taken gloves so I stopped, opened the hatch and put one of the back seats down flat. The laundry basket was in the other seat.
![]() |
| He did come up with me while I hung laundry today. It was cool up there but he never took his eyes off me. 💕 |
I loaded Ptooties up to the hilt and drove to the brush pile and emptied it all. There was more to pick up but first, I carried on and Gibbs and I hung the clothes on the line. They would dry quickly again today. The bugs weren't as bad this morning, sssh. 🤫 I was happy.
Then we both hopped into Ptooties and went down the lane for the remainder of the branches. I cleaned up all of them in the second load and then what I had dropped in the corral and along the fence line. I discovered later that I missed picking one up. 🤭
![]() |
| My first tomato harvest. These are my beefsteak... NO! I'm kidding! 🤭🤭 |
The rest of the day was spent reading in the screen tent, checking the garden plants and paper quilling. I decided to make a plaque for the new 'to-be' air bnb in town. She is calling it the Carriage House so that gave me something to go on. This will be fun!
![]() |
| Not a great picture through the screen tent but this is Mama Robin taking a break from sitting on her eggs. What a fat tummy! |
She did ask if I could clean tomorrow but I declined because I had told a couple of people that I would be there, weather permitting. If she was really stuck, I would cancel my sale for her. Fortunately, Jessica was able to help her out tomorrow. 👏
![]() |
| Gibbs and I enjoyed the tent today. |
I had lunch at 12:30 knowing by then that Bill would be eating with the boys. He was home around 1:30, I think and went right over to the Acreage to get water. Donna and Gerry weren't there so I didn't bother going. I still haven't given Donna her birthday card!
There was some water left in the bladder so Bill pumped it up to my rain barrel, which has been lacking. I'm feeling some muscles forming in my biceps (teehee) from the work yesterday. All that reaching up with both arms and pulling the rope on that trimmer thing. 😀
![]() |
| Pancakes, sausage and local maple syrup. The sun was shining right in on my plate. |
Bill and Gibbs dozed after that and I brought the clothes in, us taking turns putting our own away. I started Robin's plaque and so far, I'm quite happy. She doesn't read my blog so I will be able to show you when it is done. I think she'll be pleased.
![]() |
| And with that familiar greeting, I ran to the window on time to catch the Sandhill Cranes tonight. I'm getting closer each time! |
Supper was little sausages and pancakes. I gave Bill the choice of beans, mac & cheese or pancakes. Not great food items but as long as we both agree and are happy and full, nobody else matters.🙃 It was filling and I always have to cut back on the pancake recipe as 3 or 4 each is quite enough.

One of two paths they take
each time.
So fun to watch!
We cleaned up the dishes and Bill drove over at 6:30 to Dot and Gord's to do a bit of painting. The basement will soon be done. It has been a hot day, with a slight breeze every so often. I loaded Ptooties with my sales things except for the table, which I'll do in the morning.

To fill my last spot, a picture
of Duncan and Patty leaving
on this day in 2022, with their
then rv.
An Airstream which was traded in
soon after for a motor home.
Good night!
I hope you've had a great start to your weekend! I have!
Thank you for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment