The Ridge
We knew last night when we went to bed at 10 (Bill was actually in bed before me!) that Bill didn't have to go to work today. Billy called after supper. I didn't have a job today either so we could both sleep in. I guess we forgot to tell Gibbs. Hmmm. 🤭
He woke Bill at around 5;30 am and was politely told again 'it's not time, go back to sleep'. It was probably 5:55 when Bill moved and determined from the little guy's squirming that he had to go out. Bill stayed downstairs in his recliner until I came down at 7:15.

Bill tackles the dreaded corral hill
garden.
Yay!
His batteries are running
strong. 🐰
There is just a feeling of lull, relaxation and calm when we don't have to be anywhere at any given time. That's how my day went for the most part. Bill had his breakfast and then the Everready bunny got the weed trimmer out and proceeded to do our whole area up here.

Soooo much better and
I'm soooo much happier.
I don't know where he gets the energy! I walked around and pulled weeds from places he couldn't get to and gave him permission to totally trim the dreaded corral. The primrose were done flowering so I was ready to just see it all gone. We (he) will just have to do it on occasion.

Gibbs sits outside with me
while Daddy is next door.
When he finally stopped, it was lunch time and I had checked the vegetables, spread out the bags that I could to give the tomatoes more room to spread and then gone into the Bunky to work on the puzzle I've been neglecting. I won't show you, it's the mystery one but it is finished.

It was a perfect day to be
outside.
Dare I say it? No bugs!!
Bill went over to Dot's around 1:30 to do some painting since he was off work and stayed until 3:30. By that time, I had my gravity chair set up and worked on finishing the book that I started yesterday. It was a different type of story for me, from a dog's point of view - kind of. The story lead up to Jesus' crucifixion. I enjoyed it.

A different read for me.
Finished in 2 days so I'd say
I enjoyed it!
After the mail lady delivered Bill's rc radio at 2:30ish, I let Gibbs out to join me and he relaxed under the picnic table the whole time. It has been a lovely day, pretty much another perfect one in my books. 22.77C/73F with sun for most of the day and later on, clouds moving in.

You can see Bill's flag up
on the berm.
Windy enough but not
bothersome.
For supper, which I started around 4:30, Madame IP cooked some pork riblets with carrots and a large potato. Sunday meal on a Monday, I seldom get that right! 😂 Doing the browning on the Weber is not my strong suit so often we skip that step. The ribs are always so tender without it. Tonight was no exception. Yummy!

Everything in one pot and
it was really good!
We had cheesecake with sauce for dessert. We are looking at some possible rain and storms overnight but we'll see about that. Tomorrow and Wednesday could also be deluded with precipitation, on and off.

We left Lila with Robin and
she is sure she'll sell easily. 💕
She needs someone to love her.
Robin offered to try and sell Lila for me so we took her over with our bike rack after supper. Fingers crossed. 🤞
![]() |
| The sun began its disappearing act. |
![]() |
| And was pretty in its exit. Good night! |
It was a great relaxing day for me. Thank you for popping by!



No comments:
Post a Comment