The Ridge
On Friday, July 24th I really didn't want to get up. I guess I really wasn't ready for bed at 10 when I went and tossed and turned until after 1. Once I realized it was a no-cleaning morning, I was relieved and stayed put until 7:15.
![]() |
| Good morning! Bill walked down to the lane's end to meet Billy. |
Bill was getting a ride with Billy at 7:30 so he wasn't rushing around either. I was up to say goodbye and made my tea before having a shower. Showers are hit and miss for us, unless we are really working up a sweat (🫣🤭), a sink wash is often what we have.
![]() |
| 5 Moonflowers today in two gardens. I can't wait to add them all up! |
Of course, special occasions warrant a hop in the shower stall! It's usually when my hair is so obviously dirty that I take care of business. More info than you wish to know, perhaps? Oh well, there you have it.
I braided my hair and went right out to see if 'Sputter Fly' is going to start for me. I plugged the battery in yesterday so it should be fully charged and ready to go. Well, it didn't start out too well but I managed to encourage it enough to finish all but one narrow strip of long grass. Then she died, full on died. 🤔🥺
![]() |
| I couldn't see Gibbs' eyes well so I'm sure he couldn't see either. I trimmed his 'bangs/eyebrows'. Love the little sneer in his pose. 💗 |
We heard yesterday that our Ridge campout was going to be a success. Even though only one couple is coming with their rv, we totally enjoy this week. Bill has taken it off work and we have ordered good weather........starting Tuesday. 🤭
![]() |
| He is not fond of Stutter Fly either, so stays well out of the way. Plus he's on duty, you know. 😉 |
Because of their motor home, Bill and I have been watching the branches up the lane and ear-marked (in our mind) those that need trimming. He said 'we'll do it on the weekend'. Hah! I'm quite capable so put on my hat, grabbed the extend-a-pole trimmer and went down.
Once I start with something like that, it's hard to stop. Much more than those we were sure of, got lopped off too. The lawn cutting took 15 minutes top before SF quit, but this manual work took me about an hour. I'm pleased with the job I did, patting myself on the back.
![]() |
| I did the hard work and look at who is sleeping! I guess, security guards need rest too. |
By the time I finished and put the trimmer away, I was red-faced, in need of another shower (!) and walking on wobbly legs. There was no way I'd be picking up those branches today so I pushed them off the lane and sat in the shade with Gibbs at my feet.
No sooner had I sat down, around 1:30 and Billy and Bill drove up the lane. Nice that they were done early today too. Bill changed and hopped on the mower to cut the front field. When he ran out of gas at 3, he knew that he was done for the day as well.
I got washed - again - and made a cup of tea. Bill and Gibbs had their snooze before he did the same. We had to be at C the A for 5 pm and we were invited to Prez. Doug's place for a barbecue immediately following the draw. I have a salad to throw together to take along.
We had a hot day, but quite lovely, reaching 25C/77F by mid afternoon. Today, on my way home from town to get my tickets, I saw this cute little table in front of someone's home. Free is my favourite word, well, one of them, so I brought it home. I have a feeling it will be put to good use.
![]() |
| It might need a bit of sanding and touch up on top but otherwise it is perfect! |
No win for us tonight but the Ace of Spades is still out there and the jackpot for who finds it is now just over $9,000. Wouldn't that be sweet? We left there and drove to Doug and Shelley's. They have a lovely home with mostly deck and pool for a back yard. I could handle that on these hot days!

It was very good!
I had a small piece of Darlene's
lemon meringue pie for dessert.
We enjoyed the meal and comraderie with Lion's members. Lots to eat and after the sun dropped below the horizon, it cooled off enough for me to put my sweater on. No one got in the pool tonight, like last year when two did. We left just after 9.

I was sitting with a perfect view
Gibbs was eagerly waiting, he'd been alone for 5 hours. Such a good little house sitter. He piddled and did the vehicle tire check before coming back.. in. Bill was feeling zonked, no surprise, so he went up to bed by 10 and I followed soon after. We'd both worked hard today.

Just when I think I've taken the
best picture of the night,
I see this view.
The moon directs us up our lane.
Good night!
It was a really nice day. The weekend has begun! Thank you for your visit.









No comments:
Post a Comment