The Ridge
On Wednesday, July 29th I woke up shortly after 6 when the boys went out. Wow! That was an excellent sleep! I didn't wake up or move once and had dropped off really quickly after going upstairs. Bill had the tv on so I put my ear plugs in. I bet I didn't even need them.

Good morning!
Another stalled start.
One good Moonflower and
one half opened.
🤷♀️
The reason? I took 2 Benadryl (like a sleep drug for me) because of all the itching and scratching I've been doing. The mosquitoes are finding me now and possibly either a spider or a big ant from Sunday afternoon. He bit me 4 times right in a row. Bugger!
So, back to today, I hopped in the shower, not in a rush to get into town. First off, I got our water bottle filled at Battery Pro and then returned to the Mat. A couple of customers this morning, and I was finished and out before the last lady was done washing.

Bill got the burner out and installed
a board over the bottom drawer
and under the stove's location.
From there I drove to Impact Tire to deliver a birthday card to Jackie. Her special day was yesterday so I wanted to be sure to get a card to her today. Plus, I was able to purchase our C the A tickets.

Two heads are better than one,
right?
In Hanover, I stopped first at the Independent for my yogourt, and picked up Bill's as well. I checked out the meat department and came home with a beef roast, steak and chicken thighs. Then I drove back to Walmart and got the rest of the items on our list. I was home before 11.

Yay! It fits and looks great!
Thank you Bill and Ken.
🥰
An added bonus, our ceramic stove
cover closes down over top.
Bill was just finishing with some weed trimming at the front and when he came up, he hopped By into the shower. Our company arrived, pulling into the lane at 11:10 and Ken had no trouble pulling around and backing into their site. 😉
I had the groceries put away except for separating the chicken thighs so went out to greet our guests. While they set up, we had ou r lunch and then Kim and I sat outside together. Ken and Bill were busy installing the new stove/oven! Yay! It probably took them an hour and a half from beginning to end.

Kim, Ken, Bill & Gibbs
our first Happy Hour in a few
months.
When we were called in to inspect, I couldn't have been happier. Now, how do you use an oven again? ðŸ¤ðŸ«£ It looks awesome, matching our microwave quite nicely. We met outside for an early start to Happy Hour that extended into a Happy 3 hours. We always do that for our first get together.
![]() |
| We weren't in direct sunlight so Gibbs was happy to stay close to us. |
We had lots to talk about to catch up on. We eventually got around to doctors and we told them that we called 811 to get registered and on a waiting list for a doctor in the area. I heard it on the radio news that there are some available. That is good news for us since we plan on staying around here.

Sigh* Grandparents again.
ðŸ¤
Born Monday, July 27th

Mr. & Mrs. Robin take turns
feeding the babies.
For supper, we had grilled bcburgers and they were delicious. I can't seem to get away from eating the buns, lol.
This was a wonderful day and we are so happy to see our friends again. We reached a windy high of 23.33C/74F this afternoon, the sun was wonderful.
After supper, the winds died a fair bit and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. That means a normal sunset, nothing to write home about. 😉 I hope you've enjoyed your day!
Thank you for the visit.



No comments:
Post a Comment