Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Some Rain and a Cooler Day

 The Ridge

On Tuesday, July 21st I woke up a few times through the wee hours of the morning. A storm rolled through the area around 1:30, waking me off and on. At 3:15, I looked at the clock when I woke again, feeling very hot. I reached over and opened my window and a lovely (almost too cool) breeze wafted over us.

Good morning!
Last night ended like this.

Bill and Gibbs were up, out and back in around their usual time. Gibbs and I slept on. At one point, I looked at him and he was in 'dead dog' position, 4 legs dangling in the air. I tried not to laugh as it would wake him. 🤭 But it was hard not to rub that little tummy.

No Moonflowers bloomed in the
usual patch but I noticed
this one from yesterday.
It counts!

I got up myself at 6:45, washed, dressed and left about 20 minutes after Bill. He had work today but I can't keep track of where they are half the time. I hear about so many locations and my brain isn't good at recalling what job and what town it is in. 🤷‍♀️ In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter, as long as we are in touch.

The gate garden.
The primrose are done but
the hostas are just beginning.
Gibbs appreciates the freshly cut
front field.

The Mat was empty and that is a bonus each time. I am getting frustrated with Sandy though. I've asked 2wice already for new 'out of order' signs. On Sunday, I messaged about the soap machine not accepting coin and about the office light that has burnt out. Nothing has changed today. 

The sky changed multiple times
today as did the temperature.

When I went in, I checked the ATM at the bank for cash but it has a sign on it. As I left Durham, I stopped at the Shell station to cash in lotto tickets that turned out to be duds. Oh well, bought 2 more, using even more cash. Boy, a winfall would be nice!

The pond is so overgrown,
you can hardly see the water on
these two sides of the lane.
A couple of cattails rise up
in here.

I did some quilling on a card when I got home and then Gibbs and I walked down to put a card in the mailbox before lunch. A scrambled egg (2 actually) on an English muffin was a delicious lunch! A little salsa added to it quite nicely. Bill was home around 1 or 1:30, he knew it would be a short day.

Along the Bunky fence,
hostas, corabelle, lilies.

And just over the fence,
my Shasta daisies.

The rain had stopped by the time I got up and although it looked threatening a few times during the day, only a few spatters managed to dampen the Ridge. The air was feeling cooler today, but still 23.3C/74F.  It will drop 'like a rock' (the dj said) this evening to 13C/55.4F and only reach about 19C/66.2F tomorrow. 

Well, well, well.
This is a surprise!
Our little lilac bush is
flowering again!

Still the roller coaster ride of Ontario weather. Speaking of our province, I haven't mentioned much about the northern Ontario fires but my prayers are with everyone involved. The firefighters, volunteers and dedicated citizens doing their best to help those in harm's way is truly something the rest of us can be proud of. 🙏

The flowering raspberry is
looking much better being
staked up.

Bill and Gibbs dozed while I worked on my card and he went to the Hangar to work on his plane build. Gibbs and I walked down to the mailbox to retrieve Bill's Princess Auto booklet. I teased him that we get one every day but that's totally not true. 😉

My lunch was yummy today.

We've had no movement on the stove/oven we ordered.......keep getting delay notices. When we ordered, there were 7 in stock. Now, we have no clue. After a non-helpful phone call, we decided to cancel the order and go with a Furrion that was better priced, with a discount. We'll see.

We still have a couple of trees
that may cause problems for
hydro lines. We don't have a way
to get to them without outside help.
😧

Supper was chicken thighs in Rosy, mini potatoes and corn for Bill and spaghetti squash for me. Bill had a piece of cheesecake and I finished the last dish of rice pudding with my cream. It was all very good and another meal out of the way. I hate planning!

Supper was good and filling.

Bill popped next door to do some painting but before he went, Billy called that there was no work tomorrow. Good and bad news, right? I've had a good day, spending it inside. I think you'll get a kick out of the card I just finished. It seemed to come together at the last minute. 🤭

When the top of the card was
missing something, I
added the fishing line.

I did get a new book started called Ressurection Walk by Michael Connelly. It is Micky Haller (Lincoln Lawyer) and Bosch so a bonus for me!

I have no doubt this will be
another good mystery.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment