The Ridge
On Thursday, Sept. 2nd we were all up by 6:30. That includes me! I don't have to clean this morning but Ptooties has an appointment for an oil change at 8 am in Hanover. I made my to-go tea and tucked a book under my arm.
![]() |
| Good morning! Mike's trailer is back. |
Bill was leaving at 7:30, with Black Beauty, so we followed him, Ptooties and I. He turned off at the roundabout to Murray's and I carried on, arriving with 8 minutes to spare. They don't open their office until 8 so I waited until the light came on inside.
![]() |
| The other night, Bill was sending smoke signals. |
![]() |
| 1 Moonflower today |
My first stop was Independent for yogourt for Gibbs and I and a nice sized pork tenderloin for $9 (couldn't resist the price). Then I drove back to Walmart for the things we can't get at Costco. it was still a good haul but will stock our freezer for a couple of weeks.
![]() |
| The sky has been funny for days, no difference this morning. |
A quick (well, kind of) hop into Dollarama and then Giant Tiger, right next door, and I was on my way home. GT has their fall clothing out and I'm not ready for that so shopped their summer sales racks instead. 🤠I was pleased with my purchases.
![]() |
| I told him I'd follow him anywhere. I'm still doing it.💘💕 |
Back home, it was still looking like it could rain but then it cleared for a while and the sun made multiple appearances. There is talk of a major thunderstorm around but until we are closer to 4 pm, we don't know what areas are threatened. Fingers crossed everyone is missed! 🤞
![]() |
![]() |
| There's Ptooties up on the hoist. |
I had started a Michael Connelly book and 4 chapters in (I'm slow!) I realized I'd read it before, and checking my Goodreads, it was Feb. of 2021. I could read it again, it's Bosch and Ballard and I wouldn't remember it all anyway.....but I chose not to. Instead I pulled out a Janet Evanovich story called The Bounty. Not one of her typical Plum stories.
![]() |
| Checking for mail. There wasn't any. |
Bill was home at 4 and he and Gibbs proceeded to have their snooze. I started supper, a baked spaghetti and meatball casserole. Something else new, so yes, Bill is a real guinea pig these days for my new recipes! I have the a/c on today so using the oven on this hot, humid day is not an issue. 😄
![]() |
| He's pretending he doesn't see me Makes for a great picture. ♥ |
I bought a container of 8 nectarines on the sale shelf at Walmart for $3 so cut some up for dessert. They were fine with only 2 soft spots on one fruit. I always hesitate buying fruit because I am often the only one eating it.......but cut up in a dish, Bill likes them too! Funny, huh?
![]() |
| This was the worst it got. We were very fortunate. |
Supper was really good and a recipe to keep tabs on to do again. A nice change to regular spaghetti and meatballs. We changed into our Lion's tee's and drove to the Durham Fire Hall for a photo op. They like as many members to show up as possible.
![]() |
| Delicious and leftovers! |
"We", the collective 'we', donated $1440.00 to the Durham Hospital Foundation and the Fire Department donated a nice amount as well.
T |
| The drive into town. |
I'll try and snag a picture of the group later once it's posted on the site. We also walked to the 'new' splash pad that the club contributed to. It's nice!
![]() |
| We're happy to be part of this team. |
It seems the storms have passed and all is well, although my sister in Clinton is still without power. 🤔 It's a lovely night and before we went to town, we turned the a/c off and opened windows.
![]() |
| Gibbs agrees, a nice day. Good night! |
It's been a nice day and Ptooties is ready for next week - almost. I will vacuum her on Friday.
Sorry for the first half of the video.......I tried to edit and it just shows black. Keep watching for the grand finale. 😂
Thank you for popping in!














Blogger is working again. YAY!! LOVE that picture of Gibbs!
ReplyDelete