Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Amidst the Warnings

The Ridge

On Thursday, Sept. 2nd we were all up by 6:30. That includes me! I don't have to clean this morning but Ptooties has an appointment for an oil change at 8 am in Hanover. I made my to-go tea and tucked a book under my arm. 

Good morning!
Mike's trailer is back.

Bill was leaving at 7:30, with Black Beauty, so we followed him, Ptooties and I. He turned off at the roundabout to Murray's and I carried on, arriving with 8 minutes to spare. They don't open their office until 8 so I waited until the light came on inside.

The other night, Bill was
sending smoke signals.

I was 'iffy' about the weather, not sure if rain would fall as soon as I headed out to walk up the street to Giant Tiger, which is why I took my book along. As it turned out, I wouldn't have made the walk anyway, not because of rain, but because they were so fast! I was out of there in 18 minutes!

1 Moonflower today

My first stop was Independent for yogourt for Gibbs and I and a nice sized pork tenderloin for $9 (couldn't resist the price). Then I drove back to Walmart for the things we can't get at Costco. it was still a good haul but will stock our freezer for a couple of weeks.

The sky has been funny for days, no
difference this morning.

A quick (well, kind of) hop into Dollarama and then Giant Tiger, right next door, and I was on my way home. GT has their fall clothing out and I'm not ready for that so shopped their summer sales racks instead. 🤭 I was pleased with my purchases.

I told him I'd follow him
anywhere. I'm still doing it.💘💕

Back home, it was still looking like it could rain but then it cleared for a while and the sun made multiple appearances. There is talk of a major thunderstorm around but until we are closer to 4 pm, we don't know what areas are threatened. Fingers crossed everyone is missed! 🤞


There's Ptooties up on the hoist.

 I had started a Michael Connelly book and 4 chapters in (I'm slow!) I realized I'd read it before, and checking my Goodreads, it was Feb. of 2021. I could read it again, it's Bosch and Ballard and I wouldn't remember it all anyway.....but I chose not to. Instead I pulled out a Janet Evanovich story called The Bounty. Not one of her typical Plum stories.

Checking for mail.
There wasn't any.

Bill was home at 4 and he and Gibbs proceeded to have their snooze. I started supper, a baked spaghetti and meatball casserole. Something else new, so yes, Bill is a real guinea pig these days for my new recipes! I have the a/c on today so using the oven on this hot, humid day is not an issue. 😄

He's pretending he doesn't see me
Makes for a great picture. ♥

I bought a container of 8 nectarines on the sale shelf at Walmart for $3 so cut some up for dessert. They were fine with only 2 soft spots on one fruit. I always hesitate buying fruit because I am often the only one eating it.......but cut up in a dish, Bill likes them too! Funny, huh?

This was the worst it got.
We were very fortunate.

Supper was really good and a recipe to keep tabs on to do again. A nice change to regular spaghetti and meatballs. We changed into our Lion's tee's and drove to the Durham Fire Hall for a photo op. They like as many members to show up as possible. 

Delicious and leftovers!

"We", the collective 'we', donated $1440.00 to the Durham Hospital Foundation and the Fire Department donated a nice amount as well. 

T
The drive into town.

I'll try and snag a picture of the group later once it's posted on the site. We also walked to the 'new' splash pad that the club contributed to. It's nice!

We're happy to be part of this team.

It seems the storms have passed and all is well, although my sister in Clinton is still without power. 🤔 It's a lovely night and before we went to town, we turned the a/c off and opened windows. 

Gibbs agrees, a nice day.
Good night!

It's been a nice day and Ptooties is ready for next week - almost. I will vacuum her on Friday.



Thank you for popping in!



No comments:

Post a Comment