Saturday, September 12, 2026

Birthday Wishes, Beach Bums on a Beauty of a Day

The Birches

It was 7 when I got up on Friday, Sept. 11th. First one up, although Audrey was awake on the sofa bed in the living room. I had my tea, texted Bill and Gibbs (yes, I miss them!) and slowly the rest of my sibs got up.

Good morning!
We are enjoying this bnb
but it's not my favourite.

We did a bit of dancing, sharing music favs and, of course, played Scrabble. 😀 At 11, I whined and said I was hungry, let's go eat! Everyone obliged. We decided to go again to The Lighthouse for breakfast. When you find a good thing, with lots of choices, stick with it. Cathy's turn to drive.

It was yummy
and more sour dough toast came
home.

I had the standard breakfast today with peameal bacon, 2 eggs and fresh fruit. It was very good. The weather today was looking wonderful for a beach day so back at home we changed into our swimsuits, grabbed towels and 4 of us walked the 3 blocks to the water/Lake Huron. Cathy drove and met us there.

The side view into our yard
Cathy strolls down to the beach.

Donna and Cathy have their canes for when they feel the need and today, for the sandy beach, it was necessary. Donna kept up with us very well and we proceeded to stretch out on our towels in that glorious sun, under the brilliant blue sky. Perfect beach weather!

And we made it to the beach!
24C/75.2/F

We all got wet, mostly, Cathy going up to her knees. It felt cool at the start but then quite refreshing! After laying around for a couple of hours and chatting, we decided to walk the length of the beach, parallel to Chandry Island. 

Bathing beauties?

It was absolutely gorgeous!
There's a sailboat on the water.

This is where were came Sunday night and Gayle lost her hat band. We wondered if it was still there, hanging on the post. 

It was a lovely stroll down the long
beach, we all needed to stretch our legs.

These 2 little boys found an injured
seagull at the edge of the water.
They were quite excited in trying to
'save it'.
A wheelchair/walker path to the beach.
Our Lion's club in Durham sponsored a
similar one of these back home.

It was over 2 miles down and back but the 4 of us truly enjoyed the journey. The water was very nice.

We did find the hat band, so Gayle was happy and back in fashion. 🤭😉 

We walked back home to where Cathy was, and it was just before 6. She suggested a supper buffet at a Chinese restaurant in Port Elgin. It was unaminous so we went to meet our reservation time of 7 pm.

Getting back to the beach walk

It wasn't inexpensive, but it was all tasty and filling. I haven't had Chinese food in a very long time so I enjoyed it. 

Footprints in the sand and
sun stream on the water.

It is 9 o'clock now and no, it is not true that you'll be hungry in an hour after eating it. Ha ha. It was a quiet evening, we were all pretty sated. I worked on my blog until bedtime.


The food was good and I filled up
mostly on their meat products.

This was a wonderful day but I'd be remiss if I didn't wish my son, Patrick, a great birthday. How he got to be 47, I'll never know!!

Happy Birthday Patrick!
One of my favourite pics of 
my little boy and I 16 years ago!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Great photos (as always) looks like your having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Patrick! I know the feeling, my daughter will be 45 later this year...how the heck does that happen?
    Your photos of the beach make me green with envy. It is cool here, a high of only 13C today here with frost possible over night.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete