Friday, September 18, 2026

Feeling Like Fall

The Ridge

After another tough time getting to sleep, which I mentioned in yesterday's post (published this afternoon), I didn't wake up on Friday, Sept 18th until 7:20. It was a morning to clean the Mat so I made my way there, arriving before 8.

Good morning!

No one was inside but 4 washers were in use. One dryer still had clothes in it from two days ago and probably two before that. I took advantage of the quiet and the emptiness and cleaned the big dryer lint trays. In the course of the hour and a half, I found .85¢. 3 quarters and Daddy was the dime. 💕

I folded and sorted the leftover clothes, bagging some stuff for the 2nd hand store and a few ite ms for our clothing exchange. They were obviously forgotten as campers moved on.🤷‍♀️ It was a bit tough this morning with a couple of bouts of 'sit downs' which slowed down my cleaning process.

To the dump, to the dump, dump, dump
It's easy with the dump trailer.

From there, I drove to Impact Tire and bought our 2 tickets for Catch the Ace tonight. I forgot on Wednesday. When I returned home, Bill was down in the corral trimming with the weed eater. What a difference it makes and the corral hasn't been done for a while.

                        I don't have a lot of pictures

                                         so you get this.😂

It was a partly sunny, partly cloudy day which meant partly warm and partly cool September day. Fall is definitely creeping up on us. Robin had asked Bill if he would take their dump trailer, which is full of a couple of trees from a property in town, to the dump for her. Andrew has gone back to Greenland early.

Bill cutting our grass,
with a jacket on. 🫣

So, I went along and had a peek at a new air bnb that they are working on. She has a tenant coming in on Monday and the place is quite unique. We were home for lunch and although I'd hoped to feel up to doing some garden clean up, my sciatica had other plans. Not today, dear, not today. 🫣🥺

The corral looks so much better now.
Leaves dropping already!

I wasn't in any condition to do much but Bill went out and cut a bit of grass out here, put the hammock away and we discussed a cleanout of things in the storage shed and Bunky. My sister-in-law (not a close one) thinks being a 'minimalist' (her word) means storage is 'easy'. (her word) LOL

Gibbs keeping me company
upstairs tonight

 Bill went to the Hangar and Gibbs and I came inside and stretched out on the bed. I wanted to finish my blog so had to do it on my phone. 🤭 I knew it would not be pleasant sitting at C the A tonight, in those chairs and for near 2 hours, so opted to stay home. Wise decision.

Bill picked up a case of bottled water on his way home since Mark's machine still isn't fixed. Not his fault, poor guy, his business must be hurting. 😕 He can't make ice and it is a big seller too. When Bill got home, we are not winners (yet), and the Ace of Spades is still out there, we had tomato soup for supper. It was easiest and quickest.

The soup hit the spot.

It was a pretty quiet day and again, other than discomfort, it was all good. I know how it could be so much worse. I hope you enjoyed your Friday. It might have reached 17C/64F today, when the sun was out but dropping to 8C/45F overnight. Get the blue flame heater out!

This is the day I got home
from Ladyfest on Sept. 18, 2022.
What a handsome little one year old.
Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment