Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Bit of Work, Real Packing, Handsome Little Boy

The Ridge

On Tuesday, Sept. 1st, I started off the month by not hearing my boys get up at 6. No earplugs either! I was sound asleep. I know I was awake a bit through the night and almost opened my little window because I was warm. I didn't though and fell back to sleep.

3 Moonflowers today
They're just not giving up!
The bottom one is Donna's. 🀭

I was out the door with my to-go tea at 7 and walked into an empty laundromat. The Lost & Found had clothes in it as did 3 washers. That means the clothes in the washers were left here last night and not yet retrieved. One was still owing $2.00 so it hadn't even been started.

First of the month, Gibbs gets his
heart pill until November.
His flea & tick pill is every 3 mths.
We forgot on Aug. 24th so today was the day.
Bill had to cut it up into his food, tricking
him. He ate it!

I dropped 2 loonies in to at least finish it. If they are still full (which I doubt), on Thursday, I will dry them and take them to Rethreads. Back home, I had 2 1/2 hours to kill so went upstairs and began pulling out the clothes for Ladyfest. 

The weather is the 'iffy' part. 
Shorts, capris, jeans, long or short sleeves?
So, I take some of everything!

We are staying a week so I know I will go overboard. 🀷‍♀️πŸ˜‰ Women's perogative and all that. I may swap things out over the rest of the week but they will be packed and out in the Bunky. Out of sight out of mind. I don't have room inside to leave them.

It was mostly cloudy all morning.

Gibbs had a grooming appointment at 10 so at 9:45, we drove in to Kate's Bath and Biscuit shop. She was ready for him and told me he'd be ready at 11:30. To me that means she isn't busy today, it usually is 2 hours with other pooches to tend to.

There he is, our handsome boy.

Back at the Suite, I got the suitcase out. It won't upset someone this way and I packed most everything in my one rollaway. I have a second bag that works well (& expands) for the rest. I'm driving 3 of us so there will be room to take as many as we need. 

Walking the lane, this Yellow
Woolybear caterpillar crossed my path.

I can't recall if I told you that this bnb is in Southampton, ON, near the water. The host books for a week, at least that was the offer (maybe because school is back in?) so we took it for the whole 7 days. Makes sense since we are paying for it.

He sure looks different!πŸ’•πŸ’–

The suitcase went to the Bunky for now and it was time to get our handsome little boy. Much better, he was a woolly mammoth when I dropped him off. She does an awesome job and to this day, I don't know how they do it! Worth every penny!

This blackish wild grass is very 
pretty but we thought we'd cut it out
last fall. LOL

I had an egg salad wrap with a tomato and cheese on the side for lunch. During which, I finished my book. I was sad to turn the last page, it was such a good story. Gibbs and I walked to the mailbox but we were too early, she hadn't been by yet.

(okay, men, you can skip this part)

I went online and placed an order for some face cream from a small Canadian business in Ancaster, ON. I've noticed more spots and rough patches (for lack of a better word) on my face and although I usually only apply coconut oil, it is quite annoying. 

The Sedum is starting to take
on its fall colour. I've been waiting.

This product is 100% natural with no chemicals and I decided to splurge. The reviews are very good and the Tallow Twins (the name of their business) are very likeable and seem very sincere. Don't tell me it's age, everyone says that but not everyone experiences the same things.



We can change the outcome on our own, if we are willing to try. πŸ˜‰ Sounds like I'm defending my decision, and in a way I am, to myself, but I'm the only one who matters here. it would be nice to notice an improvement!

Having a snooze with Uni
after a big day. He likes Kate though
and walks into her shop proudly.
Bless his little heart.

Bill got home just before 2, changed his clothes and followed Billy (kind of) to Mike's to pick up his trailer. He hasn't had it here for over a month. Once home, he did a little online searching for an rc related item before having his snooze. I decided to sit at my table and try for some seasonal earrings.

I should have closed things up today and put the a/c on, all of a sudded, today was a humid mess! I couldn't get cooled off but it was too late by mid day to do anything but 'suffer'. 🀭For supper, we had fish, fries and onion rings. You know who had what, right?

I tried some Hallowe'en earrings,
my pumpkins are too small but I'll
offer them at a discount. 
πŸ˜‰

Nothing fancy, just fried fish, deep fried chips and air fried rings. It was all very good. After we washed the used pots, Bill made his lunch and tried to trick Gibbs into taking his last Bravecto (flea) pill. No way will he take it like he takes his heart pill. 🀷‍♀️

Supper was good.

It has been hot and muggy today with a fair bit of sun and no wind. We reached 27C/80.6F but feeling like 35C/95F. We had a good day! A couple of videos of our little one showing off his new cut.


                               
I didn't know where

                                      he went but soon found him.

                                                   Good night!
                             

Thank you for the visit on this 1st day of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment