The Ridge
As per usual, on Sunday Sept. 6th, I was awake shortly after 6:00. Bill and Gibbs were still asleep. Or acting as if they were.🤭 when they got up to go outside I just acted as if I was asleep. It's nice just to lay there quietly

Good morning!
Gibbs and I had some comfortable
cuddle time this morning.💕
I got up about 10 after 7:00 because I wanted to be sure to say goodbye to my sweetie before he went to the Flying field. He will have a good week, and so will Gibbs but I do believe Gibbs knows something is happening. Can that be?

And it's a lovely day for
Ladyfest to begin.
He's following me everywhere, even more so then usual, and a couple of times when I sat in my chair he stayed right on my lap and fell asleep instead of climbing up on the back of the chair. I'm going to miss him too. I told Bill I will miss him in my quiet moments but we both know I'll be busy and entertained enough😅 as will he.
![]() |
| 4 Moonflowers today |
So just because I felt that maybe I was taking too many clothes I went through my suitcases again but still didn't remove anything other than what I'm wearing today. I had my tea then my shower and packed the last items up, leaving my laptop until the last minute. I usually take my big camera and tripod but I'm not going to. My phone and small tripod work just fine.
![]() |
| We enjoyed Paisley Btw, that is Steph - top picture Those puffs are freeze-dried gummy bears Very sweet. |
At 10:50 I made my coffee to go, put the last two case and cooler in Ptooties and slowly drove to Hanover. Audrey arrived yesterday from Montreal and is at Donna's so I picked them both up at 11:30. The drive from there to The Birches bnb in Southampton was a mere 30 minutes.
![]() |
| Mushroom soup with basil |
We drove as far as Paisley for a 12 noon reservation at the Paisley Common, a place Bill and I are quite familiar with. 😃 Do you remember Covid year when we stayed home for the winter? This was our Friday night dinner spot. We met Gayle and Cathy here.
![]() |
| This is weird, interesting, strange. And it has a license plate. ???? |
We had a great lunch of homemade mushroom soup with basil and enjoyed the ambience, decor and especially Steph, the co-owner/waiter/host. We left there and perused one of the few shops that were open on Sunday. An interesting place, only Cathy purchased something.
![]() |
| We went to the beach while waiting for the cleaner to finish our bnb |
From there, to Port Elgin's Goodwill where we all found some goodies to add to our already full vehicles. Our bnb was not ready for us until 4 pm so we found its location and drove around (a lot) to find an easy, close access to the beach, Lake Huron. It was a beautiful day!
![]() |
| Patsy, Audrey, Gayle, Cathy, Donna |
With a bit of time spent there in that wonderful sand and fresh air, we snapped some selfies and returned to our home for the week. Lovely little place. Smaller than others but quite nice! One bathroom for 5 ladies is tricky but we get along, thank goodness! 😂
![]() |
| The water was warm, hope to catch a dip one day. |
We shared a few gifts, one of which was a puzzle I bought for all of us to put together while here. It got a great laugh and Audrey suggested starting right away. So we dove right in.
![]() |
| We should be done tomorrow or Tuesday |
At 6:30 my tummy was grumbling for food so we went out in search of a place to eat.
Not many places were open on Sunday, some were just closing at 7, others were full but we found Duffy's Fish and Chips on time (they close their kitchen at 8) and had a great meal. 
I gave Audrey a 7' frog kite
and of course we'll try it on the beach.
Good for a laugh.
![]() |
| My chicken quesadilla was wonderful! |
![]() |
| The bedroom Gayle and I share |
Monday, being Labour Day, not sure what breakfast options we'll have so a good thing we all had leftovers!
![]() |
| Our back yard is quite nice |
Back home, back to the puzzle at which we worked on until bedtime just after 10. A fun first day. Plans for tomorrow have changed so who knows what we'll get in to!
![]() |
| Looking down the street to the lake. Good night! |
We reached 24C/75F under a clear blue sky. I had a great day!
Thank you for your visit.












Cute pics on the beach! Looks like a lovely bnb. Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shirley!
DeleteYou went to a fish and chips place and had chicken? Looks like a great time. You are so lucky to have sisters - and you all like each other!!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteHa ha, ya I know! We're all the same, mostly, so yes, it is lucky. ♥
Delete