Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Well, Another Happy Birthday Treat!

The Ridge/Carriage House

On Wednesday, Sept. 30th it was my hubby's turn. Bill turned over another page in his history and although not a 'special' year, aren't they all anyway? I think so, life is so short (just ask a puppy dog), and we never truly know what is around the bend. We welcome every single birthday.

Good morning!
This was the view from the
Carriage House kitchen window.
Beautiful!

There are two favourite pictures
today.
This is one of them.
Bill is going to meet Jess at the Mat.

With that in mind, after spending a lovely evening in a newly renovated bnb at no expense, we could think of no better way to relax and wake up to another birthday celebration. What's happening today? We were in bed last night around 10 and with only a couple of wakeful moments, we all slept until 6:45!

This is the second one.
Oh my, he's killing me with
those brown eyes.
"I'm staying here alone?"

It was weird not having the ceiling clock to tell us the time so Bill checked when he got up. It was quite a good night's sleep. I got washed and dressed while Bill made a pot of coffee and boiled the kettle for my tea. I had the Mat to clean so left at 7:30 to do that.

And a lovely picture of
the birthday boy and his youngest
daughter.

Bill's daughter, Jess, (maybe I told you this), flew in Sunday from Alberta and was driving to Durham for a day's visit with her dad on his special day. We are both very happy to see her! She arrived around 10:30 and Gibbs welcomed her (pure Gibbs' style) into 'his' domain. LOL

My Eggs Benedict was
delicious, so were the home fries.

We caught up briefly until 11:45 when we drove to Mama'Z Diner for lunch. I had a yummy Eggs Benedict with home fries. Back at the bnb, Gibbs was overly happy we didn't leave him for very long and that we returned to him. 😂 

Jess wanted a picture of the three
(well, 4), bless her heart.
It isn't the clearest photo but
it's a good one.
💕💕

The rest of the afternoon was more catching up and it was wonderful to sit and relax without the little ones taking her attention away. Best visit in a very long time. 

Back home, our little gentleman
looks comfy.

It was quite comfortable sitting at the bnb and Robin said we could stay for our visit. Jess left after hugs and kisses around 4 for London. She flies home tomorrow. We washed and changed sheets and towels, cleaned up and left before 5.


I went up for a nap and it wasn't
long before I had a snuggly
puppy behind me.

Gibbs was happy to be home, running around the Ridge like a fool as soon as he got out of the car. We unloaded and Bill and Gibbs promptly had a snooze. My eyes are very heavy as I write this and with a simple meal of leftover lasagna and rolls for supper, I decided to grab a bit of shuteye too.

The sun sets

Leftovers were good

I heard Bill on the phone 30 minutes later but just didn't want to move. He was receiving FB messages, texts and phone calls all day so left him to respond accordingly. When I did come downstairs, I felt chilled and that's usually the case when I doze in the afternoon.

When Bill paid for our meal,
Mama D asked him what we were up to
today. He told her his daughter came for
his birthday.
She gave him a piece of coconut pie.
Nice!

It certainly wasn't a cold day but it did rain a wee bit, lightly, just before Jess left. It was a mild 19.4C/69F today and only dropping to 15C/59F overnight. A good night for sleeping. The sky was very pretty to the west and south so had to slip out for a picture.

Some sky performance

Looking south

After cleaning up dishes, Bill made his lunch and that was it for our day. Jess made it back to London safely so we could relax and settle down for the night. It was a great day and Bill thoroughly enjoyed this birthday.

Looking west.
Good night!
(back to a king bed) 🤭
Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart.
😍

Thank you for your visit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment