Monday, September 28, 2026

Oh What Fun!

The Ridge

On Monday, Sept. 28th Bill got up around 6 and then came back to bed until 6:30 when he took Gibbs out. He didn't have to leave until around 7:30 to go to Mike's. I, on the other hand, left at 7:10 and drove in to clean the Mat. I stopped at the bank and took some cash out for today's shopping.

Good morning!
Let the week begin!

I took our red Christmas quilt in for washing and there was a queen duvet in the Lost and Found that I washed and dried as well. No one was around so things got cleaned up quickly enough, and the floor washed before I left at 8:30. In and out with no delays, I like that.

Of course, a pond picture (or two) as
I drove by.

We have a green Christmas quilt as well that I'll dig out from under the bed and wash it next time.

The sky was very interesting
this morning.

Without the couch, we will only be using one so I might offer one to Robin for the Durham bnb - on a loan. 🤭 Bill had left by the time I got home and I spent some time with Gibbs.

As I drove west to Durham, I saw a pretty
sky in my rearview. I asked Bill to get
pictures for me. He did. 💕

At 11, Dot drove in and we went off to pick Pat up in town. I was happy to see Dot in a dress as well and Pat was dressed very nicely too. We all take our excursions very seriously!! 🥰 We drove through Hanover to Walkerton, to the 519 Table and Pour restaurant.

All I had was the moon ahead of me.
It was sitting on the wire here.

Pat nor I had been there but it was a very good choice! I ordered a chicken quesadilla with caesar salad and although the tortilla was different, it was still delicious. We all had doggy bags (boxes, actually) when we left. Dot drove downtown and we found the Family Thrift Store.

I love how this little fella sat on the
rock I left on the railing.
He really wants to come in, I think.

This was a first time visit for all of us but it was worth it. Each of us found 1, 2 or 3 things before checking out very happy with our big (!!) expenditures. A cotton sweater/a soft wool shawl/a pair of Danskins pants and a book all for $19. 

Then the broom handle gave
him a higher perch.
Are you looking at me?

The other thrift store was closed today so we went back to Hanover. A stop at Pet Value for Bella's dog food, then a stop at our favourite (what did Dot call it - Fashion Boutique?)  Giant Tiger, where 2 of us cashed out with more goodies. 

Lastly, a stop at Walmart, dog food for Caper, Remy and Trigger and a few grocery items. We dropped Pat in Durham and arrived at the Ridge around 4:30. Bill was home, just 5 minutes sooner, and Gibbs greeted Dot and I like long lost soldiers. 💕

I liked this place and the food
was very good.

For supper, I finished my leftover quesadilla and Bill made himself a couple of toasted cheese and peanut butter sandwiches on sourdough bread. He has no work tomorrow so does not need to make a lunch. With a bit of cheese, Gibbs gobbled his supper up as well. The Richards are full!

This was a great day. The weather was perfect at 21C/70F under clear blue skies. I had a lot of fun with the girls today, so grateful we could fit it in. Planning other get togethers is just as challenging as we have people to see before we leave. 

Supper was more of the same
with tomatoes.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment