The Ridge
On Saturday, Sept. 5th I woke up very surprised that I slept so soundly with so much going on in my head. Gibbs let us (Daddy) sleep in until 6:30 and then it was Bill who made the first move. They will be able to do that this coming week as Bill has taken the week off work. 💕
So we were up and had clothes sorted into 3 loads. One load was for our chair quilts which I've forgotten twice now! I left the Suite and Ridge at 7, forgetting the empty water bottle. Duh! If it isn't one thing it's another! I'm sure Bill wasn't too far behind, leaving for the flying field.

2 Moonflowers
(Bill's job will be to count them
each day when I'm away)
He has the list. ðŸ¤
It was a foggy morning but the forecast called for clearing. In town it was less so and I went with the plan to hang the clothes on our line for the first time in weeks. The quilts I would dry since they take up more room on the line.

Turbine Lane
and at the corner it looks like a fire
at the end of the road BUT
look closely.
See the geese?
There was one customer, a younger man than I usually see, very nice and we had a nice chit chat before I left him folding his families clothing. Back home, I left Gibbs inside while I hung things, the grass is dewy and it felt damp and cool.
![]() |
| In town, it was clear. This is my drive home with wet clothes, thinking 'oh brother'. It did clear soon after hanging them. |
I had first thought that I would drive back into town for the 11 am parade but I changed my mind. I saw it last year and it would be a madhouse at the town centre plus at the Community centre immediately afterwards. So, I stayed here with Gibbs and put a few things in the back of Ptooties.

Lots of dew droplets on the line
I had some liver and eggs for lunch, and shared with the little guy. He loved it, of course! At 1:00, I drove in to the fair displays to see how my entries did. I did pretty good. Out of 10 entries, 8 were awarded placement. I didn't expect that. The pictures say it all.

Could you resist this?
I couldn't
Cuddling in the hammock
and at the picnic table.
I'm going to miss him this week
and I bet he'll miss me too.
🥰💕
![]() |
| A new visitor today. Mr. Goldfinch |
I took pictures of each one and then walked around at the other displays. My head was pretty big at this point and after a cha-cha with the Mayor (ðŸ¤) on my way out, I headed to get a water bottle filled. Mark's store isn't open on Saturday and the machine was marked 'out of service' so Bill can get it this week.

Here are my winners.
8 out of 10.
6 - 1st
2 - 2nd
2 - thank yous
He drove in from the field around 2:30, 2 minutes after me. Good timing! He had a good morning with the boys.

It's quite a job setting it all up
Kudos to the Agricultural Society!
I was excited to share my news and he was all ears, proud of his Quiller. Well, he's a flyer, so.......😂 It was only 5 but by the time I put stuff away, we agreed to start supper.
There were quite a few tables as well
of produce, flowers and baked goods.

The clouds were moving out
by 2:30
Bacon, cheeseburgers on the grill and they were perfectly cooked tonight. Yum. We topped it off with a celebratory Chapman's Black Cherry ice cream cone. Cheers! I fueled up Ptooties this morning and this afternoon, the LCBO satisfied my vacation needs for alcohol. Probably more than I'll drink but that's okay.

When picking up our entries,
they encouraged us to take the little
lady scarecrows beside our items.
They're cute!
After cleanup, Bill went to the Hangar. Gibbs watched him and then sat behind me in my chair to make sure the Ridge was secure and we were safe. The sun rules the sky and although there's a breeze, it's been quite a lovely day. I hope you can say the same. It's a long weekend and the weather seems to be co-operating.
Thank you for popping in.




Congratulations and well done!
ReplyDeleteThree cheers to talented and successful you! Those ice creams look like a great way to celebrate.
ReplyDelete