Friday, September 18, 2026

Where Has the Week Gone?

The Ridge

On Thursday, Sept. 17th it seems that I had slept pretty well after all. I went to bed at 10 and it took me quite a while to get comfy. Block between my knees, under my butt, under my knees and obviously I found a sweet spot and eventually dropped off.

Good morning!

I didn't wake until 5:50 when I heard Bill in the bathroom. After he kissed me goodbye upstairs, I went back to sleep (we, Gibbs and I) until almost 8 o'clock. That's when I decided to try some pickle juice. 3 gulps and I sat at my laptop with my tea to finish my blog.

The clouds were most dominant
with very little blue sky

Within 10 minutes, I felt nothing. No ache, no numbness, no pain. Whaa??? Is it a coincidence or what? I slipped outside to take a picture of today's moonflowers and returned inside.

2 Moonflowers today

On and off throughout the day I was nagged again by the pain but enough about that. Let's just say the floor and I are becoming good friends for a bit of relief! 😂 

A couple of BlueJays visited today
but they didn't stay long

Because I was expecting a parcel delivery for Bill and the hydro guys to come to replace our meter, I put Gibbs on his leash and we walked for the mail. There was nothing worth walking down for, so we carried on down Northline to the corner.

When he gets tired of securing the property
from the window view, he sits sideways and
peeks his nose under my arm.
'yoohoo, I'm here Mom'
A little further and finally, I'll just
turn so he can crawl on my lap.
That's all he wants. 💕💖

I didn't feel bad at all walking and kept up my inner mantra of 'don't give in to it, don't limp, walk through the discomfort'. That worked! Of course, nothing worked forever. 

Before cut

After cut
Today was haircut day but it was actually only a 2" trim. Just enough to even my hair all the way around. I warned Bill in a text that I was doing it but then realized he wouldn't probably notice anyway!🤣 We'll see how long this length lasts!

He called at 4 that he might be late, just leaving Listowel and had to go to Mike's on the way to get Black Beauty.  I was surprised that he drove in at 5:10, not too late at all. 

An egg/veggie quesadilla
was delicious for lunch

We had basa fish filets, fries and onion rings for supper. The stove, air fryer and fry daddy all put to use. Yummy. After Bill did the dishes, insisting I sit, we watched Reacher and 2 episodes of Neagley. I left my blog until Friday, as you've noticed.🤷‍♀️

Gibbs wanted to keep walking
since he was on his leash.
Why not? 🤷‍♀️

This field of wild flowers 
is where the cows roam.
Do they know how lucky they are?

Bedtime at 10 meant nothing when sleep didn't come until after 1 am. There was just no comfortable position for me. I'm grateful for the king bed as it didn't seem to disturb Bill or Gibbs when I moved constantly.

Supper was delicious.
I finished cooking my onion rings in
the fry daddy - perfect!

Other than my discomfort, it was a good day. I know things could be a lot worse so trying to be positive. 

Because 'someone' rolled in
duck poop in the front field and earned
the name 'stinky boy', Daddy gave
him a shower.
Everything came up roses! 🌹🌹

Thank you for those of you who offered suggestions, I will certainly be trying those! I appreciate you all.


                              Good night!

Thanks for taking the time to see what we're up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment