The Ridge
On Friday, Sept. 4th it was nice that we all slept in. Gibbs and Bill didn't move until 6:30. I had rolled over at 6:10, found a comfortable position and just waited. I was slept out but it sure is great to not have to get up and move too quickly.

Good morning!
2 Moonflowers.
Look at how that pistil and
those stamens are reaching up!
We were both off work today and I had a few things on my list to do. One was to clean and vacuum Ptooties. Maybe Saturday I will take her in for a car wash, we'll see, she isn't too bad. Two was to open my suitcase and double check my clothes. Three was to pack up my craft stuff, so it was out of Bill's way........just in case. 😉
Bill had one thing on his list (teehee) and that was to work on his planes. It was to be a nice day so he was able to bring his big one out of the Hangar and work out in the fresh air. When my car was looking her best, I came in and packed things up, into some semblance of order.

While I was up checking my garden,
Gibbs relaxed.
I brought my suitcase in and did the check through, without changing anything! I did add shoes to a separate bag and finally decided on a 'toiletries/cosmetic' bag. I will choose a few earrings as well and it should all be good to go. I've even remembered to put in a walking stick for any hobbling!

Ptooties right up tight so I
could reach the central vac
hookup in the basement.
We had lunch together, kind of, I had my quesadilla using the last cooked meatballs because I had no bacon thawed. It was messy........of course, but very tasty with some sour cream dobbed on top. Bill nipped in to town to the hardware store and dropped his jigsaw off for Andrew.

Bill enjoyed his day with
his planes.
At 4:30, we drove in for the early Catch the Ace, stopping at Eckhardt's Shell again for tickets. Roz and Brian will not be in town tonight. We, as a committee, got the next 2 week's tickets ready to go and although we didn't win the $634 tonight, the Ace is still out there and that is exciting!

My tomatoes and peppers are
90% done. These plants still have
some veggies on them. Some of the plants
were tossed over the fence.
Must soon be fall.
We were home by 7:20 after dropping the new tickets off at the Shell station. We'd agreed that a simple supper of tomato soup would suffice and it was quick, easy and tasty, filling that wee hole in our bellies. What a lovely evening, with many clouds to add dimension to the sky.
I heard that the judging for the fair entries was complete so I'm anxious for tomorrow afternoon when i can get there to see if I had any luck. First, I have jobs to do and then I'll check it out.
![]() |
| The sky going in to town |
We reached 22C/71.6F by this afternoon and even though some places had some rain, right in town, the Ridge remained dry except for maybe 10 drops.
![]() |
| Coming home, it was much prettier. Almost beckoning. Good night! |
This was a nice day with a few things taken care of. Thank you for stopping around.




No comments:
Post a Comment