Friday, September 15, 2017

Two Day Catchup, Cousins for Coffee, Clouds and Foggy Morning, RC Flying Friends Sleepover, Great Great Dane

On Thursday, Sept. 14th we woke up to fog and clouds with the hope of clearing by noon hour. We were up around 7 and reading blogs and comments with our tea. At 8 I was cleaned up and scooted into Durham’s Foodland for a few groceries. My cousin, Bonnie and her hubby, Gary, were coming for coffee this morning.

A white sky this morning that took a while to clear out
Between both our busy-ness days, we managed to find a couple of hours where it worked for both of us. Bonnie and Gary live near Lobo and we haven’t had a nice opportunity to sit and visit with them for a long time.  They arrived around 9:45 and we caught up about trailers and other things while showing them the property. They had coffee and pastries with us before saying our goodbyes around 11:30. They are welcome to come anytime with their fifth wheel to stay.

Bonnie and Gary
My cousins were headed to Chatsworth for a late morning visit with my sister, Gayle and John. Since they were camping in the area they wanted to take advantage of the time and see all 3 of us sisters before heading home on Monday. We were also expecting more company for lunch. Jeff and Joan arrived around 12:30 as planned and this was the visit I was nervous about.
Aurora and Jeff
Within 5 minutes, I knew that my nervousness was all for naught. The difference in Aurora, their Great Dane, from the last time I saw her last year was amazing. Aurora is 3 years old and her impediment is deafness. Jeff has been working very hard at training her with hand signals and calming her down over the year.
Joan loves Clemson
When he let her out of their truck, she came to us slowly and we each offered her a treat in greeting. Slow and easy is way she knows since she can’t hear you coming up to her. She is so sweet and calm that even Clemson was fine with her around. On the leash or on the rope, Clemson was comfortable walking around his own territory without fear.
This just blows us away
Little scared-y cat Clemson totally fine with Aurora so close
We had a chicken salad on tomatoes and lettuce (thank you Nancy) for lunch and moved outside to enjoy the day. The sun and clouds played tag for the most part and the gentle breeze died down as we were preparing our dinner. 

Everything is cooked, just warming the buns

Bill barbecued up a mess of hamburgers and sausage with corn on the cob and we were inside eating by 7. I opened a bottle of Open, a VQA white wine from the Niagara Peninsula and we toasted the good times.
She settles down on her blanket

Their truck
 After dinner, Bill prepped the fire he’d started in our pit and we all sat around until 10 o’clock. The stars were spectacular, something Jeff and Joan don’t often get to see. We said goodnight and settled inside, the three of them in the bunky and us three in the Suite. It was a warm night so they slept with the outside shed doors and a window open.

Enjoying the fire in the King's chairs


Aurora settles down by the fire too
On Friday, Sept. 15th we woke and got up around 7. Bill and I decided to take a walk and noticed all 3 of them at the bottom of the hill doing the same thing. We walked together down North Line across Baptist Church Road before turning around and returning home. It was a gorgeous morning and Aurora walks perfectly with Bill.

The guys set the pace
A nice morning for a walk
Back home I made us all a coffee and we sat outside on the patio mat for a while. At 9 Bill lit the Weber and we grilled up some bacon and eggs and I warmed the pastries and small croissant buns we had. 
Low lying fog/mist this morning
I love how it splits this little stone house
Jeff mentioned how they enjoy apple sauce so it was a good opportunity for me to share some of my homemade brew from Sept./16. I hadn’t had any for a while and was reminded how good it was.
Enjoying our morning java
Looking closely you can see the sun in the pond too



After cleanup, we said our goodbyes and they were pulling out of the driveway by 10:45. It was a good visit and I would welcome them back again for an overnight stay. Now I know what to expect with Aurora I would not worry at all. We have the afternoon to ourselves and at 11:15 it is already a balmy 19C with a slight, hardly noticeable breeze.  
Aurora says goodbye to Clemson

Bye guys!
The remainder of the day was slow and easy. Tidying up in the bunky, sheets, sweeping and such was really the only chore for the day. Other than harvesting the garden, I sat and read my book. Tick Tock has captured me, are you surprised? 
Bill emptied our black tank today

Easy as 1, 2, 3
 I went for a nice walk down to the corner and was surprised to meet the ambulance coming down our road soon after the maillady. It went to the house two doors down but didn’t seem to be in a rush so that is good.

The ambulance left without fanfare
With the big breakfast, we didn’t need lunch but at 4 I grabbed a yogourt from the fridge for each of us and that should tide us over until dinner. Clemson was having an even more relaxed day than I, curled up in my chair with my hoody. He had no real interest in hanging outside with us. Bill was busy working on a shelf unit for his cargo trailer. Perfect afternoon to putter away in the shade and the breeze.
Bill works on his cargo trailer improvements

As I sat in my chair reading, I had a beautiful picture
This tree looked like a Christmas tree with a star on top
My photo doesn't do it justice
At 5 o’clock I fed Clemson while Bill finished his project for today. We’d decided on Tilapia loins and homemade fries so I got things ready and heated up the oil for the fryer and the fish. Bill plugged us in for the short term of frying and unplugged after dinner again. With this beautiful sun, we like to take advantage of saving hydro/electric.
this is where Clemson spent most of his day since breakfast

Today's pickings

Bill preps the potatoes for me
Our supper was delicious and we had dishes done before 7 and could relax for the evening. Another busy day tomorrow for me, picking up 2 sisters and a friend to drive to Aylmer for a clothing exchange. The car is loaded, a large bundle to donate to the cause. I’m sure there will be less coming home and that is a good thing.

As I walked, there were no turtles in the lane so I snapped these flower photos. Picture overload here.


The stream from our pond to our neighbours to the west
A tall dandelion



Shasta Daisy - living

and dead

Clover, no 4-leaf that I could find
Yay! Our Rose of Sharon is going to bloom!!

Mint flowers
I hope your last couple of days have been good ones. Ours have been.
And last but not least, the turtles on the dead tree


Thank you for catching up with me! Your comments are appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. You have been keeping busy with all the company looks like y'all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit Pat and Bill. It was brief but better than no visit at all. You have a lovely RV and location to spend your summer months. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Have safe travels and adventures in the south west during the upcoming winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to see you both and share our home and location for a while on Thursday. Hopefully you will come back with your fiver next summer! Thank you for the wishes.

      Delete
  3. We had the same nice sunrise today. Glad that small horse you had visiting was so well behaved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a small horse indeed and I felt so much relief almost immediately. :)

      Delete
  4. Say your apples look better than you said.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only these two, Bob. The rest are all small and eaten. I had to crawl in through the ditch to get at these good ones. :)

      Delete