The Birches, Southampton, On
On Monday, Sept. 7th I was the first one up......to stay......and it was 6:45. Gayle was still asleep beside me so I quietly crept out to the kitchen. Audrey was in the pull out couch bed and beginning to move. The house was quiet.

Good morning!
Here are us 5 ladies,
having fun.
I needed to finish my blog so sat at the dining table and worked away while the rest of the girls moseyed out from their lairs. (teehee) They settled at the puzzle and I tried to concentrate on my post. When Bill sent me a picture of our sweet boy at the flying field with him, it warmed my heart.
We all plugged away until the puzzle was finished around 12:30. Good, now the table can be used for our games. Yes, we are certainly 'games' sisters. 😉 Donna called ahead this time and we agreed to go to a breakfast place called Rise and Shine.
![]() |
| Cathy suggested this place |
My 3 egg ham & cheese omelette w/tater tots was very good and filled me. From there, I drove us to the Southampton Market - a huge place with many rooms and an upstairs. Everything was new, but so interesting so we perused for a couple of hours, maybe.
The girls all found something but I walked out with my $ still in my wallet for a change! Lots of things that would be nice but no place for them. It was 3:15 when we came back to the house to relax for a while. I poured myself a Mojito and started my blog before joining them on the porch.
![]() |
| Fun things to read |
![]() |
| I waited for the girls and was entertained quite easily |
It's a lovely day again, 21C/69.8F with mostly sunny skies. Perfect! The afternoon was spent outside, sharing photos and poems from past Ladyfests and that was quite fun. We had a lot of laughs.

A quiet afternoon
going through pictures
and memories
At 6:15, it was time to get dressed for the evening which just mean jeans instead of shorts. I drove into Port Elgin to Allan's Fireside Grill and it is a typical bar-type grill. 3 of us ordered ribs, 1 ordered a quesadilla and 1 ordered a blue cheese steak salad. There were drinks on the table as well. 🤭 My Pina Colada was tasty!

We ate outside and enjoyed
our meals.
Back at 'home', we had an ongoing Scrabble game started and we played a confusing game of Double Series (5 players) and then Donna and I each won a game of Cribbage against each other. Games we haven't played in years. It was shortly after 11 when I crawled into bed.
![]() |
| And look who went to the flying field with Daddy! (and had a couple of hotdogs) Good night! |
This was another great day. I hope your long holiday weekend (if you celebrate it in your area) was also wonderful.
Thank you for the visit!







Gibbs is wondering WHERE'S MOM? The ribs look delicious ... what a fun day!!
ReplyDelete