The Ridge
On Saturday, Sept. 26th it was a ridiculous 4:45 am when I woke up. Gibbs started licking and making absurd noises (ðŸ¤) as soon as he moved so I grumbled at him to stop or get off the bed. That's when I looked at the clock and grumbled again. 😂
![]() |
| Good morning! |
I popped my ear plugs in and went back to sleep. Bill got up around 5:30 and I refused, staying covered up and cozy until 6:40. We sorted the laundry into 2 loads and he carried it to the car while I got washed and dressed. I was feeling good, no complaints here!
Bill left for the field about 3 minutes ahead of me and I couldn't catch up with him. I saw one of the 2 wee daschunds down Baptist Church Road again this morning and it makes me so sad.
He ran from one side to the other so I slowed down and stopped beside him. No collar but he let me know I was in his space. 🤠I hope his owners (which ones?) know he is out there again.
![]() |
| I did a fair bit of driving today so a lot of sky pictures fill today's blog. |
The Mat was empty and I've switched up my routine when that is the case. First thing is normal, checking machines for notes and opening the doors to the washers and then I dust mop when there are no feet to sweep around. Sometimes that is all that is necessary unless I have to wash them.
![]() |
| Baptist Church Road in this area is like forging a new path. |
Today, I loaded the machines first and then followed through. I was finished everything in an hour, including dusting the hard to reach shelves in the middle. Before I even went to the Mat, I forgot to say that I stopped at the Ultramar for fuel. Ouch and double ouch! $1.799/litre. She took $70.
![]() |
| It took a while for these to dry today. The clouds and cool air made it a challenge. |
With the day's forecast promising to be sunny (full at some point) I brought the clothes home to hang on the line. The grass was really wet and the clothesline was dripping and needed to be shaken. I left Gibbs inside or he would be all wet, him with his rolling around.
![]() |
| Later in the day, things changed for the better. |
At 10:45, I'd packed a banana, a yogourt, some cheese, my water bottle and made a coffee to take to Williamsford. The place was left quite good so I stripped all 3 beds, threw them with bath mats and towels in the wash and continued on.
![]() |
| I sent Donna a picture of one of her Dieffenbachia's in the bnb window. |
Deciding which beds to make now is not a question. Sometimes, I can't tell if they've been slept in when guests remake them but I wash the sheets anyway. 🤷♀️ Better to be safe than sorry. I was on my way back to Durham by 1 pm and since I had something to pick up from our dog groomer at 2, bided my time.
![]() |
| Eckhardt's tree never lets me down with its wardrobe change. |
That's when I met Bill driving towards the Co-op for propane, on his way home from the field. I followed BB and we chatted for a bit. I was going to wash Ptooties but didn't have change and it wouldn't take my debit card. Blimey! I visited Going Once, Going Twice and talked to Laura until 2.
![]() |
| My first taste of the infamous 'smash' burgers. I'm not sure I get it. They're very good but we went from wanting thick juicy burgers to squished thin ones? 🤷♀️🤔 what am I missing? |
I'd bought some Wunderballs from Kate for Gibbs and Mildred at an online auction she was holding. She's selling out of the toys, leashes and coats and the auction was a good way to do it. Back home, I brought the clothes in off the line and Bill had a puzzling job trying to figure out why we didn't have 12v power.
![]() |
| Here we go. I knew something cool would be happening out there tonight! |
He figured 'it' out, as I knew he would, but he had to put his 'electrician's' hat on for a while. 'It' being the fact that we need a new battery shutoff switch. 🤷♀️ I'm no help but maybe being supportive and trusting 100% in him is all the help he needs. 🥰 And I certainly do that!
![]() |
| I was in and out a few times to film the beauty. |
For supper, he grilled smash burgers for a change. My first time. They were good and even Gibbs got a wee taste after the fact.....I always leave him a nibble and it encourages an empty bowl of his dry food too. 🤠Yes, he's spoiled.
![]() |
| Once I noticed the sun was gone, I looked out back and barely caught (in the bottom left) the white dot of the moon rising. So many clouds may dampen the performance. |
The sun is setting and we'll be watching for the harvest moon tonight. Bill saw it this morning but I missed it.
![]() |
| Maybe not. |
![]() |
| If anything else happens, I'll post it tomorrow. Good night! |
This was a great day, more $$ in my pocket, literally speaking. We reached 20.5C/69F today.
Thank you for stopping by on this wonderful fall day.













Hi Pat, your diary’s are quite nice and entertaining, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteSay hi to the pilot
Hugs
Tom
Thank you Tom! Will do!
DeleteLoved the moon rising and beautiful sky photos !
ReplyDeleteSue
Thank you Sue!
DeleteDoes anyone remember Cal's Roast Beef from the 70's? I thought it was a chain, maybe not, but they had burgers they made like that. You went and ordered and they would make them while you waited. Little balls of ground beef sitting on the side that they would smash flat. The best cheeseburgers and roast beef sandwiches. Smashburgers sounds like a naming gimmick, just another stupid made up word. Sorry, so is chillaxe that's why you hesitated to use it. :) I won't even go into a Wawa, because the name is stupid. Before you say I'm just a hater, I would say I long for the days when people used real English. The vocabulary of today's English speaker has lost about 4000 words? Pty sn jst b ezpz, lol, smh, wtf. The idiocy and laziness of the people is showing more and more. Sorry to go on a rant. Something to bring up around a campfire or happy hour.
ReplyDeleteRant away! It's true, what you say but such as it is, I don't understand the whole THIN burger thing. 🤠True enough about a campfire chat.
DeleteSmash burger s supposed to have lots of crusty browned meat on it, unlike a regular burger. That usually makes it taste better. Is Gibbs scratching due to a food allergy? Cooper had that problem when he was a baby. Got a different kind of special food and he was good again.
ReplyDeleteBill has the recipe from his pilot friends here and it might add something to it. These had no spices but tasted fine. His will obviously be better!!!🥰
DeleteIt's difficult to think of a food allergy for Gibbs since it only happens here mid to late summer. It disappears when we are south, so we'll see this year. He has been on the same food since he was a baby so I don't know.