Monday, August 31, 2026

A Really Relaxed Day

 The Ridge

It was 6:20 am when I first noticed the time on Monday, Aug. 31st. Last day of the month, hmm, with September waiting in the wings. Today, another dull, cloudy, rainy day is upon us. That just means for me, find something inside to do.

Good morning!
1 Moonflower here

Bill was up and left at 7:20. It was such a light mist that he still walked down the lane to meet Billy. They are almost finished this massive job in Owen Sound and I think they are both anxious for it to be done. We watched him disappear in the trees and then sat with my tea.

2 more here in the
original garden.
The rain gets to them first!

I got caught up in some online videos, those ones regarding health that g2o on forever before you can find out how much things cost? Yah, well, I was curious so left it running in the background, volume off, while I read my book. Don't tell the surf-nazi's!🤭

Lunch was something different.
But it was good!

 At the end, I placed an order then immediately canceled when I saw the shipping charges on top of the exchange rate. Moving on, I debated whether I wanted to finish quilling some earrings or read or start packing. I ignored my craft table (letting my ideas brew today) and did some packing and reading before lunch.

I think they're looking for Daddy

I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup with my leftover onion rings from yesterday. They weren't as crispy but still tasted yummy. Bill was home around 1:30, which was a surprise, they are waiting for paint to dry before they can do the last touchups at the building. One more day, he says!

Yes, I see you!

He changed and nipped into town for some propane before settling in for the afternoon. Gibbs snoozed on my lap with Uni and Bill went upstairs for his nap. I know I dozed downstairs a bit too. 

We weren't outside really at all today,
so I tried to entice with a walk, but
it was a no-go.

For supper, I had some beef liver for me thawing as well as a pork chop for Bill. It was very good; Bill grilled his chop, I fried the liver and we had mashed potatoes. 

This thick slice of liver was perfectly cooked.
(she says, patting herself on the back)
🤭

After cleanup, I finished today's post and did some more reading. It's a darn good book! Last night's movie was A Feast of Love with Morgan Freeman and it was entertaining. 😉

I pick the dead blooms off daily
and I'm still amazed at the size of these
flowers.

We had a cloudy high of 22C/71.6F today but Bill said it was quite humid in Owen Sound today for working. The sun came out for about an hour just before supper so I can't imagine getting the storm they are forecasting. 🤷‍♀️ It was a great, lazy day.

Again, another 3 petal bloom.
🤔
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment