Sunday, January 26, 2020

Great Day! Friendly Happy Hour


Quartzsite, AZ
When Sunday, Jan. 26th rolled around, I knew I’d had a mixed-up night for sleeping. With that kind of a night, it means a lot of things rumbled through my head. Isn’t that when we do our best thinking, when we’re supposed to be sleeping? Between us, before we got up, we chatted about what kept me awake last night. I felt better by the time we got downstairs.

Walking to the north
Bill had his coffee and we went out for our2 mile walk. It was a gorgeous morning and before we knew it we had walked further in one direction than we’d ever walked. We decided to stay on the back lane and come back the same way rather than moving to the main road. It was so quiet and not one vehicle passed or met us. Come to think of it, only one person did with his dog. Back home, I made my tea and Bill went outside to putter a bit and then sat with Keith on our patio. From my window, I watched Bill playing catch with Oreo.

Oreo loves playing with her rope
Run Oreo Run
When my brew was finished, I hopped in the shower. I’m glad I took the time yesterday and cleaned the doors really good as they wiped down much easier when I was finished. Keith and Bill had plans to go flying today so they discussed that while I walked over to chat with Kim. We’d each had a shower and were standing in the sun for our hair to dry. Best blow dryer in the world, even without the wind. šŸ˜Š

Our fluffy omelettes were very good this morning

I  made
a graham cracker crust for the pie
 It was around 11 when the boys left with Oreo in Keith’s vehicle and it was my turn to putter. The mats in the Suite were really dirty so I got out the lint brush and cleaned the 3 kokopelli ones and shook the other 2 outside. No point in worrying about vacuuming here in the dusty desert when we’ll be back in a park in 3 days. I sat outside with my book and couldn’t believe how hot that sun was. When do I every sit with my back to it? Today, that’s when!

The filling didn't solidify so I put it in the freezer
I felt tired, last night’s rough night catching up with me so I came inside and sat in my chair in full lounge position. Nope, figures, now I was awake. Back outside and I read more chapters until around 2 when Keith and Bill returned. Bill was tired too so came inside and dropped off easily in his chair. At 3, I poured myself a Diet Mtn. Dew and went outside for Happy Hour. Kim joined me in the middle, then Keith, then Ken. Soon after, my sweetie joined us.

I do believe you will see shorts here, Lorne!
Dave and Cheryl arrived in La Posa South today so were also able to join us on time and then Doug and Yuma drove up. Happy Hour was game on! We were actually all sitting in the sun and were very grateful for the breeze. Light and fluffy clouds moved across the sky and Keith did a couple of flights with his plane. He drew attention from a few campers and it was 5:45 before we all packed up and brought our chairs back to our sites. We’ll see Dave, Cheryl and Doug tomorrow.


Oreo behaved on her own for our Happy Hour
Yuma was a good boy by their Jeep for a while
and then Doug brought him to join us
The western sky put on quite a performance tonight before and after the sun dropped below the horizon. We were all outside snapping photos. I promised Bill some fish and chips tonight so he asked Ken if we could borrow their Fry Daddy. Ken turned their generator on and started warming it up over at their coach. Inside the Suite, I began frying a couple of pieces of Pollock on the stove.


I took a picture of H.H. with Bill in it too
Keith entertained us with his plane
a nice landing and his audience applauded across the way
While things were cooking I cut a couple of pieces of the Key Lemon Pie that I finished making today. It was from Nancy’s recipe but I didn’t have limes so in a pinch used lemon juice. I wanted to thank K & K for the use of their appliance, generator and lard so I took them a piece. 


Supper turned out great, we loved the crunchy fries and the fish and even though the pie had us puckering up, it wasn’t too bad. It didn’t solidify the way it should of. Darn!

The fries and the fish were perfect

My mushy key lemon pie
Isn't this gorgeous?
Bill did the dishes for me while I started my blog post. Other than watching America’s Got Talent tonight, we relaxed for the evening. I hope I can stay up late enough so that I sleep well. 

Good night and yay! I posted!

Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset pictures. It was quite a show. Thank you for the H.H. tonight. I needed the relaxation after a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful sky last night. You're welcome anytime, Doug! I'm so excited for your adventure. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry your pie didn't set. You do have to beat it with an electric mixer for at least 4-5 minutes. I always put the leftovers in the freezer so you might just keep it there. Love to see those sunset pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why it didn't set. I did the 5 minute beating to be sure but I did leave the filling sit in the fridge overnight and made the crust the next day. It seemed thick in the bowl. It still tastes good and we will eat it. :) I would make it again all in one day. I have it in the freezer after each cutting.

      Delete
  3. What a great Happy Hour! Gotta admit I loved our HH together! Dinner looks yummy, those fries look perfect! Your pie looks good even if it didn't set. Great pics of everything today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the evening sky photos, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Whip PIE!!!!
    Supplies: large mixing bowl,big spoon
    BUY: Graham Cracker pie crust,filling in glass jar at Fry's (Key Lime or Lemon Curd) TASTY!!
    Large tub of Cool Whip
    Mix either pie filling with about 2/3 of Cool Whip in bowl- let soften-just a bit so can stir in! Less cool whip if want more of the pie filling flavor.
    Then put into pie crust - cover on and into fridge to set up! I don't cook BUT I make this!

    ReplyDelete