Sunday, January 5, 2020

More Departures, Boys do Boys Things, Girls do Girls Things, Everyone's Happy


Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA
On Sunday, Jan. 5th, I was up and out of bed by 7:30. It was a good night’s sleep. Bill followed soon after by 7:30 and he had his coffee while I sat in my chair and read. My book, The Last Mile, is at the point of not only ‘no return’ but ‘don’t want to put it down’ so I wanted to read some this morning while I was wide awake. 

It was another beautiful start to a day
We got out for our walk shortly after 8 and got our mile and a half in with no delays.


The park is really filling up

These are the new palm trees that Gordon planted

Look at the contrails in the sky this morning!
Back home, I had my tea and Bill disassembled the wings from his Timber and put them away in their new ‘wing’ bags that we’d made over the summer. He tucked those pieces in the bed of Black Beauty. He had plans this afternoon with Keith. It is nice that Keith made it down this (his first) year and that they can do some flying here in Arizona. It just doesn’t work out back home as Keith is busy with his own landscaping business and we are 3 hours from their field.

It was sad to see the Wilson's leave us
but as Kim said 'there's a whole big world out there!'
Around 10:30, we sadly walked up to say goodbye to Ken and Kim. Today was their day to leave the group after 3 weeks. We’re not happy to see them go, such good friends, but they aren’t going too far and we’ll catch up with them in Quartzsite too if not sooner. 

The storage area across from us is a busy place on weekends
Rv'ers and dune riders (for lack of a better name) park their rv's here through the week
For $50/month, it is a big help to them as most don't have room where they live
They show up on Friday, pick up the units, most toy haulers, and return them on Sunday after a fun time
on the dunes around this area.
We watched this guy bring his rig, drop it and then go back to the dunes for his 5th wheel
We do get entertained while here
Returning to the Suite, I warmed up a piece of quiche each and my 2 sausages from yesterday. I fried a couple of pieces of bacon to eat with it. A full fat meal with protein too!
The quiche was great - Bill approved it too!
We sat outside together for a while and at 12:30 I changed into my bathing suit and texted Jo-Anne about meeting to go to the pool. Bill and Keith were leaving at 1:15 to go to the Yuma Aeronautics Flying Club 30 minutes east of us. The pool was wonderful but the sun sitting was what it was all about for us. Jo and I are of like mind in that respect and periodically got wet and stretched out on our lounge chairs until about 3:15 or so. Beautiful! We chatted so much, I didn't need my book. 

Back home, I tended to my toenails. The Christmas colours needed to go and they needed to be trimmed as well. With that taken care of, I realized that I was hungry but mid afternoon was not a good time to eat. I made myself a tea and sat at my laptop. I searched a bit for a lasagna recipe (keto, of course) – noodles and – zucchini (which Bill does not like) and found one so I typed it into a Word document for my Recipe folder. that would work for another night.

My sister, Donna, visited Mom back home today
This is a picture of her with her beads and new reading glasses
It is so nice to see pictures of her
Then, I took my book and sat outside until my sweetie returned. That sun was so beautiful. Bill drove in around 4:30 and reported that they had a fun day together. It appears that the flying club meetings here are similar to those back home and this one lasted a little over an hour. They toured a bit of Yuma and did a bit of shopping. We caught up about our days and then came inside for supper. By this time, it was 5:30.


A simple supper of meatballs and salad would be on the menu tonight. Bill is really trying hard with this keto ‘thing’. He is very open and obliging to what I’m making and that sure makes it a lot easier for me to make meals for us. Surprisingly, neither of us felt deprived of anything during the meal. Didn’t miss the sauce, pasta or potatoes but I did dish us up a serving of creamy Jell-o for dessert. Best to eat it right away and not later in the evening. It was yummy and guilt-free too!

A great meal from start to finish
Good night!
We watched some tv and I read my book during commercials. This was a fun day both of us doing things we really enjoy. I hope you can say the same!

Thank you for your visit!

17 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are enjoying The Last Mile. It is definitely a page-turner, as they say. We've been pretty busy (what else is new) so I'm way behind in checking blogs. Looks like Pilot Knob is treating you well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Loving this book. Seems we can't go wrong with D.B.
      I'm not surprised that you are busy but you're having fun at it!!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's just more fun to people watch!! I really do have to make some jello dessert. I'm getting pretty tired of peanut butter cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love to people watch, all kinds of human critters out there! haha

      Delete
  3. So nice to see your mom looking so happy! Love her necklaces! The pool certainly sounds inviting glad you got to enjoy. Hope fully a few more days before you leave for other adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she sleeps a lot so Donna doesn't get too many pictures of her awake and smiling. This one is a treasure.
      The pool is so nice, I will miss it a the Q but I can still sun sit. ;)

      Delete
  4. You could send sone of that sunshine our way sis! We don't need the warm temps but the blue skies and sun make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to decline the warmth - do you have a fever though? haha

      Delete
  5. Beautiful picture of your mom. I was hoping yesterday would be a" Patsy in the pool" type of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was, thank you.
      And thank you for your comment about Mom. :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely picture of you Mom, she has such a great smile.
    We certainly have been enjoying some nice weather days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is funny that Doug Laning took a picture of the same con trails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mom is looking good. I'm with you and Jo-Anne. I enjoy laying in the sun. Seems to energize me. The dinner looked yummy and great desert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom is looking good. I'm with you and Jo-Anne. I enjoy laying in the sun. Seems to energize me. The dinner looked yummy and great desert.

    ReplyDelete