Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Morning Flurry, Not the White Kind, Lovely Day in all Ways


Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven CA
On Tuesday, Jan. 7th I glanced at the clock at 6:30 and rolled over next to Bill. Next thing we knew, it was 7:20! I knew with Bill’s plans for this morning that he wasn’t going to be walking with me, so I got the coffee/tea things out and headed out. I did just a tad over a mile this morning as I wanted him to have good food in his stomach. When I returned, just before the sun popped, I made him some bacon and eggs.




I knew I went in just before the sun popped
but this is still pretty
He was washed and ready by 8:30 and at 8:45 we both pretty much went out the door. I’d noticed that a new Exercise/Strength/Weight training class was on our schedule for the first time. It was for 9 am in the clubhouse and shuffleboard was also starting up (member generated) at 10 on Tuesday’s. I've learned not to wait for someone to join me for certain things so I walked in and joined Diane’s class. There were 8 of us, a nice size group and  workout was slow-paced, designed for seniors.

You wouldn’t think that simple arm and leg bends and stretches would give your muscles a work out but I’m here to tell you that at this age, they do. It wasn’t ‘just for ladies’ either and we had one lady’s husband in the group as well. The shuffleboard was just outside the clubhouse door so I just stopped there and until Allie came, it was just LaDonna and Rod. We played 3 games until about 11:15 and that was enough. I was starving! Oh yes, I was on the winning team twice. I was hot today!

My lunch today
This morning, Jo-Anne and Bob went across to Los Algodones for her last dental appointment and when I heard a dog running and panting behind me, I was surprised to see my little buddy, Higgins. I didn’t know they were back yet. Back at the Suite, I pulled a frozen pack of chicken hearts out of the freezer and the last portion of quiche out of the fridge. Lunch! It was good and hopefully filling enough to last throughout the day. Day 7 and neither Bill or I have collapsed from not eating the food we’re used to. Never fear, there will be occasional rewards if we do well.

When purging, I came across these two placemats
A beautiful gift from our friends, Brenda and Randy
They are so pretty so I was saving them for an 'occasion'
Silly me - this life is an occasion and we're using them daily now
I cleaned up dishes and finished my coffee before getting to work. Tomorrow is Garage Sale day in here and I have a few things to put out. There are a couple of cupboards to go through. Kitchen cupboards. This has already been a flurry of activity this morning but it has been fun! I was surprised that I’ve decluttered so well in the past, over the past summer, I guess. The under the table hutch had very few items to put out for the sale. Everything else is keeper stuff.

So, I emptied a cupboard and re-adjusted the shelf
The overhead cupboards above our chairs – same thing. I use those storage containers at different periods of the year. Next cupboard was our dvd/cd/book storage. It is on the right-hand side of the fireplace and the shelf that Bill made for it is on a tilt. The weight of the dvd sets and my ‘books to read’ were just too heavy and have broken a few of the tabs. So, I emptied it, sorted cds and removed a Rubbermaid container used to hold them.

Things are rearranged and back in place
Better organized
Things went back in much nicer without that tub and for now, it is much more organized. Back home in the spring, Bill might remove the shelf holder strips altogether but I managed to put the shelf back in straight with a lighter load of cds sitting on it. That purging produced a few cds to sell. I don’t think I have any more cupboards to purge or sort so I sat back and waited for Bill. He texted around 1 that they were on their way home.

The winds while we were at the pool
were non-existent for the most part
We sat together and chatted for a while catching up on each other’s morning. The guys had a great time in Los Algodones and couldn't thank Bill enough for taking them. Then I headed up to the pool. Jo-Anne wasn’t interested in going today, which is perfectly fine, so about an hour later Bill came along for a swim. We spent a couple of hours up there and it was nice that Keith soon wandered over for a dip in the pool. We kind of had a Happy Hour there but with water instead of alcohol. 😊 We all left around 4:30 and walked back. It is a balmy 72F still at 5 pm.

And look at this sky
We are loving this weather and it was nice to hear that Keith also is falling in love with Arizona heat and this park as well. For supper, I’d planned quarter pound Beef Franks from Sam’s Club. They look so good and I believe that is what I had on Friday up here at the park’s burger/dog supper. Yum! They just need to be heated so Bill warmed up the Weber around 5:30. Inside, I steamed another chunk of cabbage and cooked some mixed vegetables for Bill.

While Bill started the Weber, I caught a bit of the
sun going down

Supper was very easy and very good

Another guilt-free dessert
We were eating supper, including some Creamy Jell-o, before 6 and done dishes soon after. Tonight is our night for tv so we started at 6 watching the new season's first episode of NCIS. Our favourite. There is also FBI, one we watched last season, and FBI, Most Wanted, a brand new one. More start next week so we don’t want to get too caught up in anything new. Why they all have to be Tuesday night is beyond me!

The sky was pretty to the west


This has been a busy but really nice day. The weather was perfect from beginning to end and the wind, although very present at times, didn’t amount to much all day.

I obviously missed a pretty sunset
This is looking north to the mountains
Good night from Pilot Knob!
Thank you for your visit today. Your comments are always welcome!

12 comments:

  1. I hope Bill gets his tooth issues resolved. My tooth is still sore after two weeks so I'm guessing I'll need to make a return visit. I might use Dr Elva this time.
    Good to see you are getting some pool time in. Hope the weather holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, so far so good with both Bill and Jo-Anne. Sorry to hear about yours. I'd give Dr. Eva a ty for sure.
      The pool time is fabulous! ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day for getting things done and then relaxing by the pool. The weather was just excellent today. Hope it stays this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some great weather today, the best yet. I think it said later that we reached 75!

      Delete
  3. I just learned shuffleboard last year and love it. It sure makes you feel good when everything is organized, yes? I definitely need to clean my cupboards out ... they are full of dirt!! Where it comes from, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy shuffleboard too and seemed to be better this year than I was last winter. :) That's with NO practice. haha
      Yes, where does all the dirt come from? Says this girl living in the desert! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm off to drop off items I've purged in the last week at Value Village. It feels to clear things out. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! It does feel good! Today, it was a small amount but still something out. :)

      Delete
  5. You had a lovely day starting with some good exercise! I'm cleaning out my kitchen when company goes home as I figure this will be a major mess!!! Nice to hang out in the sun and the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get my exercise! :)
      The pool was nice and the sun wonderful!

      Delete
  6. You're getting some nice blue skies down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a great week for clear skies and sun. Also for warmth.

      Delete