Friday, July 31, 2026

Oh What a Day! Birthday Wishes

 The Ridge

It was 6:45 am on Friday, July 31st, last day of this summer month when I heard Bill talking to Gibbs. "We slept in!" I did have to clean the Mat but, as I've mentioned before, it is on my own time schedule. I did my stretches while they went out and then got washed and headed out by 7:15.

Good morning!
No Moonflowers today,
but a cute picture of Kim with
Gibbs close by in the only shade
off the patio. 😍

Bill didn't go flying this morning as he had an appointment with Impact Tire to get 2 new front tires on Black Beauty. Ouch! So, that was more than we expected but we know we are not steered wrong with Jay. The old ones were 3 years old and had 75,000 kms on them. Everything is more expensive.

Gibbs is quite comfortable with
our friends.

Since plans were made for our little get together today, I had stopped at Foodland to buy extra burgers, buns, salad and watermelon. At home, I began pulling things out of the cupboard once I had a final tally of guests. 8 plates, forks, napkins etc. etc. 

I put our round table up near the
Suite, by the bbq.
Condiments, buns, salad and
watermelon!

We didn't  need lunch since we were eating at 2 ish, but because I'd only had some yogourt earlier, I cut myself some cheddar. I love the old cheese and Bill eats the medium. He had a yogourt to tie him over. 

Our first guests arrived around 1, Donna and Gerry and Gayle and John, coming from over an hour away, arrived around 2:30. So our meal was a tad late but Bill had the burgers and sausages ready soon after. 

I had my little tripod set up
but it didn't capture everyone
at the table.

The sun was following us around the patio and we were all squeezing into the shade as much as possible. If we'd thought enough about it, we could have put our sun shade out but.......we didn't. It all works out and we ate around the picnic table, using Ken & Kim's table as an add-on.

John, on the right, was missing
from the previous shot.

Everything was delicious, great job Sweetie! We shared a strawberry cream cake from Walmart to help Ken celebrate his birthday. It was all very good. After clean up, we sat in the shade around the fire pit until our guests said their goodbyes and headed home.

Happy Birthday, Ken!
Cute picture of you two!

Ken, Kim, Bill, Gibbs and I sat out until about 6;30 and called it a night. Seems early, I know but the heat 30.55C/87F really took a toll on us. I heard that G & J got home safely and they, and Donna thanked us for the invitation. I still forgot to give Donna her birthday card!!! 

This guy was really pretty good
in that heat.

We all felt at least one
drop of rain around the same time
and this was above us.
That was it.

We had the Suite closed up all day so it was quite comfortable for the times I was in with prep etc. 

I love this picture.
Gibbs knows Ken will play
ball, (or give him fries) so sits
there and just stares at him with a
wagging tail.
💕
It's like 'Hello, Ken!'
Good night!

What a wonderful day! Thank you for sharing the last day of July with us.

2 comments:

  1. It was a perfect day Pat and the weather co_operated. It was nice to see Kim and Ken. That is a cute Pic of the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, we are all happy you and Gayle were able to come on short notice.

      Delete