Saturday, February 24, 2018

Getting Better all the Time, Walkabout, Clean Sheets, Friends Arrive, Entertainment


When I woke up on Saturday, Feb. 24th it was after 7, closing in on 7:30 the more I lay there. So, I got up. It felt cozy in the Suite living room and that was due to having our heater on throughout the night. We set the temperature dial between 1 & 2 and it keeps things at 60F. I bumped it up a notch. I made my tea, deciding to delay a walk until it warmed up a bit. It was only 31F outside but at least no frost today.

a beautiful pink prickly pear cactus
say that 5 times fast!
Bill was up soon after to have his morning cuppa and to read with me at our laptops. I seem to have no problem connecting to the Resort’s ‘free’ Wifi but can’t always do everything I want. This morning, however, I could read blogs, surf on the web and get into Facebook easily. Bill can’t with his laptop. Weird. I do have to use our personal Hotspot on our phone for banking and to download pictures into my blog.

I think this must be a form of yucca
It was around 9:30 when I made breakfast and Bill made a phone call to Dad. Trying to switch things up, because we both get tired of plain ole bacon and eggs every day, I added green onion, celery, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. That would be fine just like that but I love a breakfast quesadilla so I grilled a couple of soft taco shells too. It was so good and so filling, I shouldn’t need anything else until dinner time.

my favourite breakfast
Bill was still working diligently at our route when we leave here. Each day he gets closer to a resolve and today he requested my help so we could firm things up. For the first time, we’ve reserved a site in a Coast to Coast park for on our way home. That was so easy, we’ll definitely use that part of our membership more often now. It always takes the right circumstances to push you to do certain things for the first time and that is what happened here.

another sunny day - yay!
Talking to Dad this morning was encouraging, with all he is dealing with health wise, he sounded really good and his spirits remain positive. Bill breathes a sigh of relief after each phone call home. When I went for my walk around the park, I stuck my head in the laundry room to find 2 washers were freed up. Hmm, I may go back.

And the road runner was squawking at me
While walking, I called Mom and she answered right away. She also sounded great, which is so refreshing. Unfortunately, conversation with Mom can be up or down and we never know how we’ll find her. Today wasn’t one of her better days, but I didn’t correct her in any of her thoughts about moving etc. I kept upbeat and answered her questions over and over, focusing on the lilt in her voice. When we are so far away and can’t give a hug to our loved ones, hanging up after a phone call is either a relief or an upset. I walked home feeling a bit down in the dumps.

and then he turned his head to pose
Walking back past the clubhouse, Bill was coming with Black Beauty to get a propane tank filled so I walked back and met him. We discussed doing the sheets up and I walked home instead of waiting for him to finish. I took the truck back up and claimed one washer.

Clemson was happy to see Suzie
Bill and I walked over to greet George and Suzie from Our Awesome Travels, who had arrived around 11ish, I think. Not sure, I was out walking. We chatted for a bit and then headed back home to the Suite to wait for the dryer to shut off. I sat at the laptop and had an orange since I missed my grapefruit earlier. Sure enough, the time zipped by and I almost forgot my sheets! I drove up, gathered them up and Bill helped me fold them.

I wanted to take advantage of some of that warm sunshine so slipped a jacket on and sat out in my lawn chair to read. I had to move a couple of times to get out of the cool breeze but finally settled snugged tight up at the back of the Suite near the lane. It was quite cozy, actually hot at times and I got a fair bit of reading done. When I came in it was because time was zipping by and we had plans for the evening.

These two have been singing together for just over a year
and have a good little gig going for themselves
At 5:15 Bill lit the barbecue and I prepared my broccoli inside. He was having a sausage on a bun and I’d eat mine with veggies. I didn’t have lunch, persay, just an orange at noon so I was hungry. Supper turned out pretty good and it was another easy meal. We were finished dinner and dishes by 6 and we got cleaned up and relaxed a bit before we had to leave. The hardest part when going to one of these events is figuring out what to take to drink that is easy to carry in a cooler. No wine bottles fit in our small cooler nor do our vodka or rum bottles. Oh well, we work it out since we don’t drink beer.

Candi was encouraging us with the Yippy Ki Yay song
You all know the one I mean!
I downloaded my pictures from today, which weren’t many. There is a band, actually a couple, playing country music at the back clubhouse tonight and Deb and Dj invited us to join them. I texted Suzie to let them know in case they wanted to pop in. We walked back to the clubhouse before 7 and sat at a table with our friends.

The band's bus
The music was good, and after listening to them tell their story, we realized whose big black bus I took a picture of on their first day here. They play in Tombstone at the Crystal Palace weekdays and that explains why their bus goes in and out every day. I know her name is Candi but until I see the bus in the morning, I can’t even guess at his. They were very good, quite pleasant and share a wonderful talent.

George and Suzie were warming up the dance floor
We made plans to see Deb and Dj tomorrow and the band wrapped up by 8:30 so the old people could go home to bed. I could have listened to a few more songs personally. Unfortunately, we didn't get up for a dance but maybe next time.

This has been a good relaxing day again. It was cooler than yesterday but I believe the sun felt hotter if you could get out of the breeze. We managed to get our sheets done and now just have one more laundry day before we leave. I hope you have enjoyed your day as well!

Thanks for stopping in. I do love reading your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Nice to see George and Suzie show up. Looks like you are having fun and good to see the weather smartening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we knew they would, just not when. :)
      At least the sun has come back and that helps!
      Still cool but I think that is the case all over right now.

      Delete
  2. Great looking breakfast.

    Always nice to have the laundry completed. I'm hoping we get ours done tomorrow but who knows, it may just have to wait.

    I don't think I've ever seen George without his vest.

    Happy you've got your route planned for heading home. I've got to start doing that soon too.

    Enjoy your time at Quail Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb. One more wash of clothes before we leave on Thursday.
      It is unusual to see George without his vest, for sure!

      Delete
  3. It's nice to see friends again, even if you have only been apart a couple of weeks. That looks like a nice park .... I'll have to check it out for some southern explorations. What membership are you using for the discount?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The membership we use is AOR and pay $9/night but the nice thing here is that the public only pays $10/night w/o a membership! That is why it is so full, we think. It is a nice quiet park close to a lot of attractions.

      Delete
  4. It was a wonderful day and a nice welcome from you guys as well.
    The weather pretty good, all set up enjoyed a sunny afternoon tasty supper, and fun listening to the band and dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you arrive safely and even better to see you up and dancing.

      Delete
  5. Love your breakfast quesadilla I love to experiment with different things in mine too. Ken's the simple one..eggs and cheese, once in awhile he'll add mushrooms. Nothing better than clean sheets on the bed! Cute pic of George and Suzie dancing. Clemson looked happy in Suzies lap..sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do get tired of the same stuff so I like to experiment.
      It was a short night at the clubhouse but the music was good.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my gosh! Is that George without his vest? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, good thing he has his hat on or you wouldn't recognize him!

      Delete
  7. You can get really a nice looking cold thermos at Camping World that holds a full bottle of wine. They are so nice that you can put them on the table and they do keep the wine cold. Sadly I can't find it on their website.

    ReplyDelete