Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Laundry Day, In and Out, Mobile Wash, New Friends, Swimming and Blog


Bill and I were up within 15 minutes of each other on Tuesday, Feb. 6th. I was dressed and, on my way, out the door when he was crawling out of bed. The sun was just beginning its ascent over the distant mountain ranges. I toured the lanes again, hoping to get a mile in at least and ended up at the clubhouse laundry to check availability.

All 6 are available
When I returned I suggested we get up there right away as the washers would all be empty. Things were already in the truck so Bill drove me up and helped load the washers before coming back home. I always take my book and was able to sit inside waiting for it to complete its cycle. After moving things to the dryers, I went outside to the patio chairs in the sun.


It became very busy after that and I was so glad we hustled when we did. Bill returned 10 minutes before things were finished and helped me fold. It is nice to have that job done and all put away before 9:30. Now we can relax and hope for the best as far as our RV wash. Beto’s crew is expected around 11 am. We each had a bowl of cereal and then took our books and my laptop outside. We picked things up off the floor, again, and this involved moving our dining chairs outside, the coffee table to the kitchen area and shoes and slippers put away.


What a gorgeous day! We tried not to pay attention to the time but soon enough I saw Bill checking his watch and it was close to 11:30. We are patient people and we’ve listened to all the jokes about ‘Mexican time’ so figured what can we do but wait? We’d decided that we weren’t going to call them again. We read our books and waited until just after 1. Because of the heat outdoors, Bill had the a/c running indoors and all windows closed. Considerate, thinking of them working on the carpets.


By this time, I was getting frustrated and Bill said to go change and walk up to the pool. We agreed that if they didn’t show by 3 pm, he would lock the Suite up and join me. Up at the pool, it was quiet which surprises me on such a hot day. As usual, it was beautiful and refreshing and I did my noodle floating thing as more and more people arrived.
I like how the sun reflects on these units
At 2:35 I looked up from my reclining position and saw my sweetie setting his stuff on the lounge chair beside me. Enough is enough, he said. He wasn’t waiting any longer, Beto’s just lost $80 and we gained $80. Mind you, our Suite is still dirty and our carpets did not get cleaned. We’ll get it done down the road. We met another couple at the pool, Rick and Jackie and exchanged ‘business’ cards. They are from Vancouver, Washington.

This is an interesting camper
I was happy to see that Kevin and Barb arrived at the pool while Bill was there too. Bill wanted to meet them. I didn’t get to talk to them too much but Bill and Kevin chatted for a while over at the hot tub. I made sure before I left to ask for their last name. I wanted to find them on Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with them. They don’t have cards to share.

the Shuffle Board court is large
and you would be very comfy on the sidelines too
Back at the Suite, we saw no signs of Beto’s ever having been here and they do have our phone # anyway. We have neighbours beside us again. Bill and Judy from Vancouver, Washington. Too funny. We talked to ‘neighbour’ Bill for a while before lighting the barbecue for supper. It was Burger night and I haven’t allowed myself to have a burger on a bun for quite a while. Tonight is the night, I’m hungry for it.

Here we are, enjoying the pool and the weather
on Feb. 6th
Bill had a double bacon, cheeseburger and mine was a single but we loaded them up with lettuce, pickles, tomato, onion, mustard and mayo. Every bite was delicious. Guess what tonight is? TUESDAY! And our regular shows are all on and starting at 6 pm MT. We are looking forward to an enjoyable television evening together.

Now that is a homemade Ultimate burger
yes, there is  1/4 pounder in there
With dishes cleaned up, I downloaded the few pictures I took today and posted my blog. It has been a good day with us tossing today’s Jello out, ready for a new batch. I hope you’ve enjoyed yours!

Thank you for stopping by. By the way, if you are at all interested, my 5 sisters and I share a Wordpress blog called Sunflower Girls. You can read my latest ‘once in a blue moon’ post here.

12 comments:

  1. It was another wonderful day, too bad about the carpets, maybe another time. At least you git the laundry done. Just keep enjoying this weather. Rob and Pat have our shampooer and does an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Patsy, thank you for the read once again. I had time to focus now that we are home again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome my friend! I hope you had a nice mini vacation.

      Delete
  3. Always nice to have the laundry finished and by 9:30 am, wow, that's early. Too bad about the carpets but oh well, another company will be happy to take your money and do the work.
    Burger looks excellent.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laundry out of the way is a big thing. We're good now for another week or so.
      I'm sure there will be someone happy to do that!
      thanks, one more day.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the whole carpet cleaning thing...:( it is frustrating when you are counting on people to eventually keep an appointment.
    Sounds like a pretty nice way to relax sitting at the pool enjoying the suns warmth.
    That hamburger looks pretty darn good, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, not a big deal. It isn't noticeably dirty, we just know it is.
      The pool relaxing is wonderful! I love it!
      I enjoyed the burger, bun et al!

      Delete
  5. If I remember correctly, Beto's missed our appointment also, but did finally show up. I think the phone end has trouble contacting the actual working end of the business. They don't seem to communicate very well. Nice pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spoke to them on the phone for the first appt. which they missed, then called and they were coming within 30 min. Then we spoke to them as they were about to start one behind us at 5 and we said tomorrow? They said in person 11 am. No show. Terrible way to do business because I'm sure they would do a good job.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great day once again, minus the shampooers..their loss. Got the laundry done and visit with new friends and enjoy that beautiful pool. Hamburger looks awesome..We don't eat much red meat, but when I can't stand it anymore, it's gotta be a bar b q burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still was a wonderful day. Sun, relaxing with my sweeties and the pool, all good things. We do like our red meat. :)

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed your post on your 'Sunflower Girls' blog. There are so many things that go into decisions on retirement. It's great when those decisions work out well, and you remain healthy enough to enjoy the results. I fear many people never make a concious decision, but just let the days unfold as they will. A big opportunity missed for some if you ask me. Hope you never have to deal with snow again!

    ReplyDelete