Friday, February 23, 2018

Suite Cleaning, Drone, Walks, Blue Sky!! Evening Company


On Thursday, Feb. 22nd I was awake at 6:15 but didn’t slip out of the bed until 15 minutes before 7. I could see a cloudless sky out my window. Checking the temperature of 34F I doubled up the layers again or tripled maybe and went for a walk. It was chilly but the sun came up in all its glory so I kept going until I got a mile in. When I returned, Bill was just about to take Clemson out for his piddle so he handed him over to me.
Do you see what I see? Pink mountains and blue skies!
It was 7:30 when we made our coffee and tea to give us our jump start. We caught up on our morning reading with our grapefruit and at 9:30 I made us each an egg and bacon sandwich. Bill likes his on a toasted bun and I did mine in 2 flour tortilla/taco shells. I add cut up cherry tomatoes and black olives to mine, two things Bill doesn’t like in his. Oh my, every mouthful was a delight!


We cleaned up the dishes and Bill got the vacuum out. He insists on doing that chore before I dust because it stirs up more dust if we do it the other way around. I’d never thought of that before I met him but I trust what he says. He makes sense. So, while he did that, I started this post. I like to get going on it first thing before my mind goes blank.
Now pink clouds on pink mountains
So beautiful
When he was finished upstairs I started up there giving every bit of wood a thorough wipe down and then worked my way down. It isn’t hard but it is tiring for an ole gal! I always hated dusting at home as a teenager. Because I was the youngest child (the baby) for a long time, I was the last one of the first 5 girls to remain home, naturally.

the Pied Piper and his drone
Mom and I would clean every Saturday and I got to choose which rooms I wanted to clean. Aargh, I didn’t like the job (there was no allowance in our home) but the memory now is heartwarming. Sometimes I chose the bathroom, which Mom disliked the most, just so I didn’t have to dust! The banister up the stairs to the second floor was a great home feature but not fun to dust.
"okay so now push this button"
Once we finished our cleaning jobs, Bill went outside to get his drone out. He saw Scott’s little ones out playing. When I looked out I saw the “Pied Piper” with all the little children gathered around. I counted 8 kids running around and I knew he only had 7 yesterday. I teased Scott that he works fast, adding children overnight but he admitted there were 2 that didn’t belong to him and said something about mice?

He gathered as many together as he could
Scott and Laurel's travel trailer and bus in the corner
I have a half full carton of Kirkland’s microwave popcorn and since I’m the only one who eats it, it is going down really slowly. I thought I’d offer some to Scott so took him over 3 bags and the binder I didn’t need for my dvd project. He was happy to have them and I’m happy to find a home for them. Back inside, Bill downloaded his drone pictures and put them on a stick. I hopped in the shower, my hair especially needed to be washed.
A couple of fire trucks came in this afternoon
but I don't think it was serious as they left soon after
The temperature was rising and if it weren’t for the wind, it would be a beautiful warm day. The sun is so hot. Bill sat to read for a while and I went for another walk. At the front clubhouse, I went in to drop off a book and met Ken. A very nice man who is into reading, I found him sitting directly in front of the bookshelves. I guess he reads fast. Ha ha! We hit it off and before I knew I was also sitting there keying in new authors he'd recommend to my Samsung Notes.

Moving someones shed out of the park
Ken suggested a couple more places that Bill and I may enjoy before I said goodbye and walked back to the back of the park. My hands were tucked up in my sleeves to keep them warm while I walked and it was then that I spotted the blimp once more to the south. I had no sooner returned to the Suite and was telling Bill about meeting a nice man when I saw that nice man walking towards our site.

Clemson and Katie getting friendly
Now he is a ‘really’ nice man. He found a book by C.J. Box after I’d left and saw me walk by so followed me home. 😀 Not creepy at all, very sweet! So, since I’d finished my Tami Hoag book last night it was the perfect time to start on the book he brought. Free Fire has already got me hooked, 2 chapters in. I’m going to enjoy this author too, I can tell.

We all enjoy some outside sun time together
This was before I went in to put socks and an extra hoody on
Bill and I sat together outside in the sun, although I was quite bundled up against the wind. I was so used to the hot temps we had a week ago, now the chill seems to go right through me. Half an hour later, my eyes were droopy anyway so I came inside where it was warmer and my recliner got me again. At 3, Clemson got his supper and I made myself a tea. On cooler days like this, I really enjoy that afternoon cuppa.

Yes, I got a picture of you two, Clemmy
Bill had taken pictures with his drone earlier and had put them on a usb stick for Scott. Around 4:30 Scott and Laurel came around with Brownie to return it. We stood outside and chatted for about 45 minutes before, duh, I thought to invite them in out of the chilly wind. By this time, it was supper time though and Laurel wanted to get going on that. She has 7 children to feed back there so we invited them back after they ate.
Laurel, Scott and Brownie drop by
Clemson was pretty good
With the Weber Q lit, I pulled out the condiments, cheese, tomatoes, pickles etc out to prepare the table inside. Bill grilled the burgers outside and I toasted his bun inside. Once again, I loaded up a couple of pieces of lettuce instead of a bun and I can’t say enough about this. Yes, it is messier, well, looking at Bill’s maybe not, but I truly enjoy all those flavours without the bread. We cleaned up dishes and were ready for company by 7.
My cook, with his book
Scott and Laurel arrived around 7:30 and we had a lovely evening catching up on each other’s lives. Getting to know the ins and outs, the whys and the wherefores of our fellow ‘campers’ is a wonderful experience. These two are such a fun young couple leading a very interesting life. The two hours went quickly and we laughed a lot together. We really enjoyed their company and exchanged personal information before they headed home at 9:30.

My lettuce-wrapped or Keto burger
We’ve had a great day, not filled with any one thing in particular but a whole lot of little things that have made it enjoyable. I hope you can say the same.

Scott and Laurel
Living Large in the North
Check them out here, it is a very cool story!


Thank you for reading along today. I love reading your comments!


12 comments:

  1. An excellent day for sure. I like the Pied Piper. That is too cute.

    I didn't meet Laurel but I did met Scot and some of the children. Such nice folks. Glad you had a chance to spend some time with them.

    Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it was appropriate! That was who I thought of.
      Very nice young people making their way and having a blast.

      Delete
  2. That area you are in usually doesn't disappoint you with a blue clear sky but it is much colder than it is in Yuma. Less humidity is good too. Bet the kids now want their dad to get a drone too. Bill looked like he enjoyed the attention and he had the patience to show the kids how that thing works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were under clouds for about a week which was unusual but now full sun.
      Scott has a drone but it is smaller. Their dog likes chasing it!

      Delete
  3. I hate dusting too and vacuuming! That is so neat with Bill and all those children looking on in awe.

    I wonder how a family with so many children can handle the RV Lifestyle. Poor Laurel. Got to be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel is the sweetest young lady and she must have the patience of Jobe!

      Delete
  4. Patsy, you made me laugh , we also had chores as kids. Mine was cleaning my brothers room. I hated it so Mom made me do the bannisters also, once a month I also had to polish them. When we sold the house and it was taken down I asked for the bannisters to put in my place. Figured I dusted and polished those suckers for years I own them. Sad but couldn't use them . not up to code. BTW. My niece lives in Durham. And your sister ,you mentioned lives in Quebec. I am about a 10min car ride from her. Small world eh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, your lettuce wrapped burger made me hungary!
    I enjoy hearing that you too have cleaning days..... It's just not all
    sight seeing, drinks and fun.....life goes on.
    Wish you would show us a tour of your Mobil Suites. I always thought I
    wanted a Silverstream but your fifth wheel seems more like home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Yes, it has to be cleaned too, not all fun and games. ha ha The difference it is only takes us about 30 minutes top to bottom compared to our sticks and bricks home. ;)
      I'll try and give you a tour! thank you for the request!

      Delete
  6. Seven kids and a dog. My oh my!!!

    We have so much in common ... I too had to do the dusting and hated it!!!

    Give Clemson a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I can't imagine 2 kids in here full time. We're so spoiled!
      Clemson likes your hugs. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the pictures of Bill and the kids..:) Scott and Laurel look like a great couple and very special to travel as they do with all those kids. Great life for all of them. Your dinner looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete