Sunday, February 18, 2018

Lolly-Gagging aka More Lazing, Sun Appears, Wedding Update, Old Movies


On Sunday, Feb. 18th I was, once again, awake earlier than my normal but remained in a comatose state for another 30 minutes. When I looked at the digital clock on the dresser, it was black. Hmm, that’s weird, maybe something is on top of it covering the face. My Fitbit said 5:56 am. Bill got up soon after and lit our heater.


As he crawled back in bed, he told me that it was 54F in the Suite, 48F outside and the power was out in the park. Double hmm. He turned the inverter on and when I looked at the clock again it read 6:30. I knew I would drop off again and he said the same thing. I got up and went for a walk around the park and left my boys in bed. The day started out with mostly clear skies but by the time I returned at 7:30, clouds were back.


As I walked around, I found a few campers in the park trying to figure out if they'd blown fuses or if their electric boxes had died. I told them ours was out at the front, not to worry and by the time I got back to the Suite, power was restored. We were fine regardless. 

And there is the sun, rising along with everyone else
Bill was up making coffee and my tea and the little lazy bones was still tucked under the covers. We read our friend’s posts and comments and got on with our day. If the sun came out this afternoon we were going to go and visit Deb and Dj. With Dj dealing with a sinus infection and possible cold, we didn’t want to sit indoors at their trailer.

And the bunnies were out in droves
I think they're making plans for Easter already

I cut our grapefruit and cooked bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I am trying hard to get us back on track with the paleo/keto habits. It seems to be working, especially for Bill, his weight is dropping slow but sure. Me, up and down, but I’m hopeful to lose this belly before the year is out. We have a wedding to go to!

Interesting old bus
What kind of a camper would this make?
Speaking of which, today we heard from the bride-to-be with more details about flights, the resort and what is expected of us. We never thought we would enjoy the idea of a Destination Wedding but we are warming up to the idea. Jess is ‘our’ youngest and if this is her dream, we want to be there for it. Also, the idea of a week-long stay at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun is quite appealing. We’ve never had that kind of vacation.
Jim, isn't she purty?

Sparkling clean probably from the rain :)
We talked to our brother-in-law, Gerry, back home too about their plans and preparations for a new cottage on their summer property. We discussed it a fair bit with them before and after we left Ontario. We are pleased that things are coming together with that project.

That is not an apple, it is a cardinal, I think


The mountains are so pretty and in the morning, even prettier
Bill and I took Clemson for a walk around the park around 2 pm and let him run free at the dog park, where he was by himself. Did I say ‘run free’? He moved all of about 3’ sniffing every inch of that area. This dog only runs free at home on The Ridge unlike other dogs who drag their Masters to the Dog Park. “can we go, can we go, huh huh?”
walking with my boys
At the dog park, there is fresh water
But the birds think it's for them


making a friend
Clemson didn't even mind this one
Back home I sat outside for all of 10 minutes watching the sky. I could see the sun coming and when it broke through as we were walking, it was so hot! Finally, for another 10 minutes, I turned my face to the sun and I could feel my body welcoming it…….finally after 5 days! It didn’t last and I returned inside with my sweetie.

The sun was so hot when it was out
Breakfast felt like hours ago and I guess it was, so we had a snack of cheese and crackers. Triple hmm, is this why we’re fighting the belly fat? Anyway, it satisfied the craving and it is another 3 hours until supper. Today, I wrote out a few post cards and dropped them in the mailbox for tomorrow. That is an easy inside thing to do.

Cactus wrens
The day is definitely moving along, slow and quiet. A lot of chapters got read today in both books. I think there might have been a couple of snoozes too while in our recliners. Deb and Riley, be prepared. Recliners are addictive! 😊 

For supper tonight we’d decided on pork sausage, dressing, spinach for me and mixed veggies for Bill. Everything turned out great and we were all cleaned up from eating and dishes around 6:45.

My sunflower goes with us everywhere we go with the Suite
Bill has gotten original at standing it up for me when the ground is too hard.
Looks like I need to paint it this summer
another hearty meal
Bill found a couple of the old Beverly Hills Cop movies with Axel Foley so we watched those tonight. They are funny and good for a laugh. This has been a good day with a bit of sun and a lot of clouds again but the temperatures hovered around 60f, meaning not too bad at all.



Good night!
Thank you for dropping by. I love to read your comments!

17 comments:

  1. Nice lazy day. A week in Cancun! That should be fun. Not often you have a chance to do that. Your youngest has fine tastes.

    You and Bill are going to need that heater this week. Going to be chilly everywhere in the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was lazy. Yes! Cancun sounds great!
      The heater is plugged in and ready to go at a moment's notice...Bill left it on the lowest setting through the night last night.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you sunshine and good puzzles. Cancun will put a smile on your faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lorne, the sunshine is playing games and the clouds are winning.
      Cancun sounds very very cool! I mean hot, great!

      Delete
  3. Great sunrise and sunset pictures.
    It was warm here this afternoon and I actually sat outside reading for about an hour and I loved it. Tom was gone to town, the nice guy that he is, by himself to get some of our laundry done.

    As I write this, from Borrego Springs, the temperature has dropped a bit and the Stinger "B" has been doing some rocking in the wind. Not complaining though as it is not snow. We are parked on the other side of the road this year but we still have a wonderful view of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Missing last years neighbors...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.
      Glad you had some warmth, we had tidbits of very warm sun and I loved that but mostly stayed indoors except for our walks.
      Happy to hear you arrived at Borrego Springs, we missed it this year. :( Enjoy it for us until we can get there again. :)

      Delete
  4. We are getting warmer temperatures here in Ontario. It is +1 now on it's way to +6 for Family Day! Tomorrow the predicted high is +14...imagine that. They are calling for rain which should take care of most of the snow piles that are around. Hope you get some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! that is great that it is warming up for Family Day. I forgot all about that holiday, down here where they don't practice it. Every day is a holiday for us now. The +14 will sure get rid of the snow, yay! We want it gone when we arrive home in a month and a half. thanks sis. :)

      Delete
  5. We have been lucky with warm sunny days so far, now to cool down a bit.
    Enjoying the weather there when the sun comes outbound walking about the park. A week in Cancun would be fun for a wedding destination. We have been there a couple of times on cruise ships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you've soaked it into your bones rather than stay in the shelter of your awning. :) You'll need it. Everywhere down here is cooling down so we should all be feeling a bit of a change for a while.
      Cancun does sound great to us, we have to plan for it. $$

      Delete
  6. Great sunrise and sunset pictures! I think the destination wedding will be lots of fun for you two and everyone else. Even though the sun wasn't out much, seems you three had a great day. Dinner looked delicious. Are Donna and Gerry building a cottage or purchasing one to be put on the property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley! The wedding was a bit of a shock at first but we have time to save for it and now I'm looking forward to it!
      We did have a great day, quiet and by ourselves which is one of our favourite things.
      Donna and Gerry have bought a cottage. The vendor will bring it in and place it on cement posts for them to finish the inside.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the bunnies! My kids are just the same ... no dog park for them! A week in Cancun sounds totally relaxing!! I used to spend quite a bit of time in Cozumel .. just across the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many bunnies, some braver than others. :)
      We should have taken Clemson when he was younger and maybe he would enjoy it better.
      Cancun sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  8. Excellent pictures, love the park. We always noticed the bunny came in pairs.

    I know what you mean about the intensity of the sun when it shines. I still find that hard to get used to here. I go from cold to hot in a matter of seconds in the sun/shade bounce trying to get comfortable.

    I'm sure you'll enjoy Cancun, although I've never been there. All inclusive will nice with no worries about anything. That's the part I enjoy.

    Enjoy the remaining days at Quail Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb. I've noticed the same with the bunnies. When you see one, the other isn't too far behind. :)
      I agree, on a cool day that sun can give me goosebumps, if that makes sense.It feels so nice!
      Thanks, we are looking forward to Cancun.

      Delete
  9. [HOW I GOT MY EX GIRLFRIEND BACK IN 2 DAYS]
    Hi, I recently found out that my ex-girlfriend who used to love me was put under a love spell by an old married man. They considered themselves as bf/gf. It really broke me. I was really worried about her as to what could happen to her. I still loved her. We were in a ldr and I couldn't see her… We still communicated from time to time but she made sure she doesn’t get found out by the man. It got frustrating as how she cannot see past the spell! I really wanted her back and also to be safe first and foremost and be away from that man. I also met Dr. Akim online and he helped me break the blackmagic on her and in 40 hours she called me and begged me to take her back. Akim's email is bestlovedoctor@yahoo.com i will be much appreciated if you contact him for marriage and relationship problems cos i promised to talk about him all over the internet :)

    ReplyDelete