Friday, February 16, 2018

Rain, Rain, Visit from Friend, Laundry Decision, Lazy Days


On Friday, Feb. 16th I was awake at 6:30 again. It was still quite dark and still cloudy. When I got up at 7 and got dressed, I was pleased to see that at least it was dry outside. I opened the window blinds, turned the Blue Flame heater on because it felt chilly and prepared things for our hot drinks. It was only 50F but with no wind again, I was warm enough with a couple of layers and gloves. The pictures I've included today are all from my morning walk.

Some pictures of the park grounds this morning
It is very full right now
I toured the park all the way to the south end and back and forth on each lane checking out the rv’s. There are no Site #’s marked on some of the lanes but I easily found Deb and Dj’s “Light” travel trailer where they call home now. She is working this morning and plans to stop in for a visit when she is done. It will be nice to see her again, such a terrific young lady.


While walking, I chatted with an rv’er about the Cactus Wren I was listening to up in the tree and about the roadrunners which are plentiful here. Turns out he is in a Mobile Suite with his wife and their names are Jim and Sharon. That will be the 4th Jim and Sharon couple we know. Too funny! Hopefully, we’ll get to chat to them again.


I peeked in the second round clubhouse and see the pool table and another kitchen area for gatherings. The book section is not expansive but I was able to find 5 books we haven’t read. Yay! I will go up again and drop our 5 off, fair exchange. We will not get any sun today so our solar panels are not going to save us on the electric but that is okay for one more day.

Lots of twins in this park
Twin Pinnacles side by side
to match our Twin Mobile Suites
Back home, Bill and Clemson were outside, just rising around 7:30. Inside we had our tea and coffee and caught up on posts and comments. I agree with Deb and Riley about the length of time this takes. We enjoy catching up for sure, but it does take up a lot of time and I apologize to fellow bloggers that oft times I just ‘skim’ for the highlights. 😊
Huge puddles from the rain yesterday
Bill had some leftover steak from last night and I had some omelette left so I warmed them up and added 2 eggs for him to the fry pan. This was quite tasty and so we skipped our morning grapefruit today. We sat down and looked at our maps and discussed our route home. When we leave here on March 1st, that will be our first step towards Canada. After tossing ideas around, abandoning some and questioning others, for an hour or so we did the dishes up. It was definitely an inside day for the most part so we read a bit waiting for our company.

The round clubhouse
Not the best picture but there is a pool table, kitchen, chairs, book exchange etc.
At 12:30 there was a knock at the door and Debbie, our friend who lives here year-round, came in for a visit. She just finished work and caught us up on their goings on over the past year. 
Clemson made himself at home with Debbie
We’ll have to get together with her and Dj but right now he has a sinus infection that he is fighting. Hopefully by Sunday or Monday, we can have a Happy Hour together.

Can you say loaded? Wow!
After saying goodbye to Debbie, we loaded up the truck with our dirty laundry and drove up to the clubhouse. Upon arriving in the parking area, we saw 3 other vehicles, lots of puddles all over from the rain and while Bill turned around I checked it out. There are only 4 washers and probably as many dryers.

Deb and Dj's home
Now, in the picture, I see the Site # on the curb
There were 3 ladies in the very small space folding their clothes. 2 washers were in use and the other 2 were free but covered with folded clothes. My mind was made up really quick and I went out to tell Bill that we’d have to come back. I guess everyone else had the same idea on this rainy dull day. We drove back home and I plan on going back tomorrow when I get up at 7.

A different type of rv living
Back home we relaxed for the rest of the day. Bill put on the tube and we watched more NCIS reruns. It is not only entertaining, but we can read during the programs and know we won’t miss anything imperative. We’ve seen it and usually remember how it ends. Actually, it is a good time to doze too. And we did that.

I think I took a picture of this cactus last year
With a craving for something chocolate, I decided to make some cookies from my Practical Paleo cookbook. At least that way they would be okay for us to eat without the carbs. Even though I had a star beside the recipe (meaning it was a success) this time was definitely not. I’m thinking that I made them last when we still had our house and I had a regular oven. In the convection oven, nah, they were a flop.

I couldn't resist taking these three pictures last night
Not because of the television content here
but my quail ornament silhouettes are so cute!
Bill knew I had tried so he took the time peeling them off the parchment paper rather than just throwing them out. The recipe made only 12 cookies and probably only 8 worth keeping, thank goodness, so we ate them anyway. Look at it this way, we got our chocolate fix. Ha ha and I’ll make a note not to make them again. At 5:30 I started supper. Tonight, was spaghetti.


Okay, this one is partially for the content
Better Late than Never was hilarious
If you've never seen it, it is a worth a good laugh
George Foreman, Jeff Dye
 I prepared the sauce, cooked a bit of spaghetti squash and cooked Bill some noodles. We are very disappointed in the spaghetti noodles we buy here in the southwest. They are smaller than ours back home and don’t cook well, in our opinion. Next winter, I’ll stock up with a couple of packages of the good ones. 😊

Supper was good, well mine was good and Bill ended up having his sauce on toasted buns like a sloppy joe. I think he enjoyed that better anyway. We cleaned up the dishes for the second time today and settled down for the evening. Bill was watching Live PD reruns, some of which we’ve seen and some we hadn’t. I plugged away on my post but keep distracted by the program. I just can’t believe what they deal with!

And this one of all the characters around a campfire in Morocco
My quail are also gathered around the fire
This hasn’t been a good day for getting exercise, especially since I didn’t want to walk back to the treadmill. The rain is my main excuse. It has been a great day for spending time indoors with my boys and that is always a good thing. I hope your day has been a good one as well.

Thank you for stopping by, nothing too exciting today! I love to hear from you!

16 comments:

  1. It's funny how you stock up on certain items on your way south, for us it's flour, bread, and toilet paper ... and then you stock up on things when you head north, for us that's hot sauce and rubber gloves :-) We are also beginning our trek home at the beginning of March but I suspect we will be home before you as you have a longer drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny and so far, we are finding new things to remember for the next time.
      Bread, I agree, but we've found the buns that we enjoy instead of sliced bread.
      We bring peanut butter, coconut oil, Keurig coffee for sure.
      Going home, we haven't found anything yet. Bill says zip ties and electrical tape. :)

      Delete
  2. A day spent planning is not a wasted day for sure.
    Looks like you had a few deja vu all over again moments today.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct. We did some good brainstorming!
      Deja vu is always good. :)
      thanks!

      Delete
  3. Home? Home is where the heart is and mine is in Arizona right now. I can't believe that it is time for the northern migration soon. We will not leave Vegas until beginning of April. I love your quail in every TV show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know home is definitely here right now. We plan a slow trek across the U.S. in March, home by Apr. 8th or so.
      thank you, funny how things look when you are stretched out in a recliner!those quail just fit right in!

      Delete
  4. Nice just puttering around and visiting with friends, This weather good for getting few things out of the way, early morning laundry is usually the way to go.
    Nice that you finally got your Quails where you can enjoy them love ours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day even if we had to spend it mostly indoors here.
      My quails are so cute and very visible. :)

      Delete
  5. Your quail are too cute. I'd be interested to try YOUR noodles. When I go to the store, there's at least 5 or 6 varieties and I never know which one to pick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love them.
      Hmm, I'll have to bring you some next winter!
      I know I couldn't find anything that looked like our home noodles. :(

      Delete
  6. Love the picture of the cactus!!! It's beautiful.

    We enjoyed the park when we stayed and found it an excellent place for walking too. Although everyone needs a break and rainy days are good for that.

    Glad you hooked up with your friend and I'm sure you'll have a few more visits before it's time to head out again.

    We too have turned our noses east in preparation for the homeward trek. So many choices, but no matter which is chosen it offers something to see and do.

    Enjoy your stay at Quail Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that a huge cactus? Just loaded with fruit.
      It is a nice quiet park with nice roads for walking.
      Nice to see Debbie and we will connect again.
      Sad to think of travelling eastward but once we get close, we'll be ready.

      Delete
  7. How nice that you got to visit with Deb for a bit! Hoping the weather improves so you can have an outside happy hour soon! Love the little tiny home picture..you sure see different people and different way of living no matter where you go. Have never heard of the show "Better late than never"..I'm guessing it's a comedy? The round clubhouse is certainly different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see Deb, she is quite a chatterer but so happy to see us. We'll get together with the two of them when they are free. They both still work.
      The tv show is only on for maybe 4 to 6 episodes, once a year. We just happened to find it last year and it is hilarious. With the well known characters, there are lots of chuckles.

      Delete
  8. Glad to read you caught up with your friend.
    Wow, those cacti are going to be something when the buds open.
    The silhouettes of your Quail, very cute. Bill did and excellent job picking them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see Deb for sure.
      I'm not sure if those buds open, when I read about them it calls them fruit. If they do open, I want to see it!!
      Aren't they cute little guys? Running through the programs like that! :)

      Delete