Sunday, February 25, 2018

Slept In, Lunch with Friends, Big Nose Kate's and Camera Fix?


I woke up at 6:30 am and still felt tired so curled up again, rolled over and was out like a light. Right into a crazy dream. Seems my first hour or so sleeping and the last hour before fully waking is when I have the silliest dreams. I shook out of it and looked at the clock again. This time it was 7:40! I guess that is because it was 10:30 when I went to bed and probably 11:30 when I finally fell asleep. I felt chilly in bed so it took a while before I dropped off.
I didn't have a sunrise picture so thought I'd share a cute
one of Bill and I that George took yesterday
It looked like a beautiful morning but it was still only 34F so I’ll put my walk off until later. Wimp! Bill got up just after I’d made my tea so we did our normal morning reading together and discussed the day. While I was on Facebook, on the park’s Wifi, Bill picked up my camera and cleaned the front lens. He knows how much I want to use my Canon but won’t because of the spots. Bless him for trying.
Before
He took a couple of pictures of the sky and we both cringed at the dust marks when I downloaded them. I decided to go online AGAIN and follow the instructions AGAIN to clean the sensor AGAIN. I know I’m doing it right but maybe I’m missing something. 
a new cleaning tool
First thing I did was dispose of the cleaning tool that I’ve used. Maybe I’ve used it too many times. I followed the directions and dabbed a bit of the solution on a new swab.

After
I am ecstatic!
Bill took the camera out and took a picture of the sky. Voila! 90% of the specks were gone! I’m so excited so will take my Canon with us today and test it out. You can see in the pictures below what I was dealing with and I have no one to blame but myself. We had our grapefruit and then Bill got cleaned up and took a drive into town to get some cash. We were happy to see our Government pensions had gone in early. Yay!

Fun names for streets but no street signs
 While he was gone, I did the same and then took a nice walk with Clemson before it was time to leave. Every park has its uniqueness about it and this one is no different. On their pamphlet, their site map shows the streets at the front with odd names like Been There Ave, Done That Lane etc. You can see them here. But at the back, the streets are named after cacti, trees and plants. It is original and a cool idea.


Clemson walked pretty good this morning on his retractable leash. He seems to act up more when his Daddy comes along. I let him do his thing, 3, 4 and 5 times at the beginning of the walk and then when I know there can’t possibly be anything left, I get firm. We had a nice walk to the back and returned to the Suite before 11:30. I had some yogourt to tie me over until lunch. We cleaned up the dishes and relaxed for half hour until noon and drove back to pick Debbie and Dj up.

I sat outside for awhile to figure out how many layers I'd need today
First on the agenda upon arriving and parking at Tombstone, the old western town, was lunch. We were all hungry. Deb and Dj suggested Big Nose Kate’s since we hadn’t been there before. It was packed but looked like a very cool spot so we got in line, second behind a party for 3. Within 10 minutes, maybe, we had a table ready for us. What a neat place! There was an entertainer at an organ who kept our feet tapping and our heads swaying with his music.

Such an interesting place to stop for lunch
Love the idea of the newspaper menus
We've seen them before
Three of us ordered Sasparillas, Dj ordered the Prickly Pear soda and we toasted to a good time with friends. Our server was Bridgett. When I told her I would remember her name and why, she immediately asked how I spelled my daughter’s name. 


Interesting that my daughter, Bridgette, just put something on Facebook the other day about how people are always misspelling her name. Bridgett is a cutie but you know who wins that contest! Ha ha. A Mom can brag.

Bridgett (no E)
Just in case you think I heard her wrong.........
Bridgette (with an E)
Bill had a Stampede Burger and I had the Reuben, both with fries and a pickle. Yum! I got through half of my sandwich and decided something would have to give so left the toasted rye bread on the plate for the other half and finished the good stuff inside. I still couldn’t eat all the fries. It was a really nice lunch and would be our big meal of the day.
My Reuben, pickle and fries
The Sheriff had this guy cold
This guy was good, also played the Sax and harmonica
We had a good day together
Then we walked the boardwalk, sticking our noses in some stores, and waltzing right in to others. We liked Spurs, a western gear store. If you want hats? If you want guns or holsters? If you want petticoats, parasols or stirrups? They had them. We weren’t there to buy but had fun browsing and trying on some of the cowboy hats. 




I loved the parasols

Face masks, I assume for costume parties or
ladies of the night, perhaps
We wandered down to the Crystal Palace and stuck our heads in there to see if Joshua and Candi, last night's entertainers were performing. They were taking a break but we saw Joshua returning so said 'hey' to him. Very nice young man.


We headed back to Black Beauty and were on our way home by 2:30. This was a good day and the weather was pretty much perfect. We did walk on the sunny side of the street as much as possible since we only reached 59F today and the wind had a chill. 
Yes, friends and family back home ONLY 59! We dropped Deb and Dj off and back home turned the water on and settled in our recliners with our books. Debbie was the one yawning on the way home but it didn’t take long for Bill and I to give in to a snooze.




and the REAL Sheriff was in town

This is the way I like to see a western town
With no commercialized vehicles parked in front of the shops

Bird Cage Theatre

Dj was disappointed this place was closed today
Hmmm
And there she is, working the streets

Another nice view from the heart of Tombstone's historic area

This stage coach driver gets into character very well
That was where we remained for the next couple of hours. Sounds lazy and yes it was but we were doing what we wanted. At 6:15 at the end of a chapter, I put the book down and warmed up a bowl of my vegetable soup for supper. Bill wasn’t hungry but will fix himself something when he is.

This looks so authentic

The O.K. Corral site

Other than stage coach rides, they offer guided trolley rides

A nice drove to and from Tombstone today
It was a great day and two books will probably be finished tonight. Bill is reading Midnight Club by James Patterson and I’m finishing up Free Fire by C.J. Box. I hope your day was a good one too.

Thanks for the suggestion, Deb and Dj!
Thank you for popping in today. Feel free to leave a comment, I enjoy them very much.

11 comments:

  1. I love Tombstone and we only checked out a few things like you guys. You always have to leave a reason to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I like that they block regular traffic off from going down that section.

      Delete
  2. Busy day. Sure glad you got the dust out of your camera. I didn't think those DIY cleaners really worked but guess they do.

    I agree. The "e" wins!

    Pretty smart not to go out in the cold morning sir. Wouldn't want to catch cold.

    Great pictures ​of Tombstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turned into a great day. I am tickled pink that I cleaned my camera sensor! Just need to use a new swab each time. I was being cheap..........er, thrifty!
      Thank you, I think so too! (e)
      Tombstone never disappoints. :)

      Delete
  3. Love Tombstone , Big Nose Kates, the Rueben and the atmosphere there is so much fun. so much to see and do there , as you know we have been at least a dozen times and will no doubt go back again. Got a picture of Suzie years ago on top of the Piano with a red boa under the painting it is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it too but didn't think we'd go this year until D & D asked us. Glad we did, we can go without spending money except for lunch and that was a treat!
      I remember reading that! There was a lady climbing up there as we were finished but she was facing the other way and it was a crowded place.

      Delete
  4. Tombstone is my all time favorite old west town to visit. There's a lot to see there, including the biggest rose tree I think in the world. You'll have to look it up next time. LOVE me a Rueben sandwich at Big Nose Kates too!!

    I know it's a little pricey, but if you ever go back, head to the Birdcage Theatre and go inside. It's a self guided tour of the theatre that hasn't changed in all this time. You can see the cribs upstairs, along with hundred of pictures of the people who worked and played there. It's an amazing step back in time you won't find anywhere else because it's been kept all original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we went again. So much to see. We've thought about the Birdcage Theatre so will have to do another time.

      Delete
  5. That's a great picture of you and Bill :) Looks like a great day at Tombstone. I know George and Suzie really like Big Nose Kates and gotta say the food looks delicious. Glad you were able to clean your camera lens. Sweet that Bill worked on it too! Shopping looked fun in Tombstone too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I never used to like pictures of me but we're getting better at posing together! :)
    The food was yummy and very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention - those cleaners for your camera are a one time use only. You might get by using it twice but be careful. The tiny specs they pick up the first can definitely scratch the next time you use them.

    ReplyDelete