Thursday, February 1, 2018

Who is Mooning Me? Moving on “Down” the Road, Goodbye to Friends, New Membership Park

Our pictures weren't downloading last night so forgive the late posting
It was a restless morning, Wednesday, Jan. 31st, from 12:55 am to 6:30 am. It seemed like I was awake a lot but then I know I wasn’t. Lots of dreaming in those hours too when it seemed like I was just thinking. A weird night. I had the Lunar eclipse and the super/blue moon in my head so at 3:45 I crept to the window. At that time it was just very very bright all across the land.

I woke again at 5:30 and peeked out the blind but didn’t go to the living room so missed the appearance of the moon at that time. I thought it was just covered. Duh! Bill and I woke around 6:30 and he took Clemson out. When he came back, he was gathering his camera to capture the partial ending of the eclipse. I have not learned to use my good camera for night shots so took my phone out. That camera didn’t do too badly, I must admit. I’ll just look for everyone else’s!

So, my attempt at catching the moon this morning
on my phone camera
At 7:30 George and Suzie (Our AwesomeTravels) were about to pull out so we went over with goodbye hugs. Travel safe, our friends! We would not be long following them out of here, in a different direction. It is time to move. We truly enjoy our friends but we are ready for some Quiet Times of our own. Our own Happy Hour and new sights. I’m also ready for a pool and a puzzle!

Goodbye George and Suzie
The sun is shining in full glory, just a whisper of clouds here and there. The rising temperature here for us was 46F so it was cool to be standing out catching the moon’s performance. Now, at 9:30 it is hovering around 56F with the promise of a lovely day coming our way. We said one more set of goodbyes to Tom and Deb (Celebrating the Dance) and pulled out onto Hwy 95S at exactly 10:00.

Bye you two! Enjoy your quiet time at Quartzsite
It is a nice drive, one we don’t travel a lot so we enjoyed the scenery along the way. Palm Canyon, which one day we’ll travel, Castle Dome Rock, the Blimp, Yuma Proving Grounds and there are those lovely lush fields of lettuce, cabbages and fruit trees. Lots of fresh produce in this area if you choose to drive to it. We followed the gps right onto South Ave. E into the park. This is an AOR membership park, one we have not been to before. 
Leaving our 3 week location at 10 and 55F
The truck needs a good cleaning, inside and out
It was a nice greeting, we didn’t even have to exit Black Beauty. We were pleased that it was the basic $9/night, no electricity was charged extra. Yay! Our site looked small at my first glance but that was an illusion as once Bill maneuvered around a picnic table with a Weber on the site across the way, we fit in here quite nicely with lots of room. 
The drive from Quartzsite to Yuma
We waved at Ken and Shirley as we passed the Imperial Dam
A well to-do farmer, I'm thinking
I thought this picture of the irrigation sprinklers in the sun was pretty
We got one side of the truck washed too!
We are facing the east which also works with the morning and early afternoon sun. We are both happy, sorry, we are all 3 happy! I chuckle at Clemson. When packing up he does what most pooches do with his little dance and inner freaking out. I’m used to that and now close all but one slide before putting him out in the truck.

Turn here
When we arrive, he stays in the truck until we are level and I open all slides. I put him on his rope to explore and piddle, etc. and then let him in. He gets this amazed little look on his face as he trots around the island, up on his bed, sometimes up on our bed, then checks out his dishes. “Yup, this home is exactly like our last one, Mom!”

5 star resort it says..........so we will see!
We were on our site by noon and fully set up, with the satellite exception, by 12:30. Inside and outside. Bill’s first concern after plugging into electric (YAY!) was to dump our tanks. They were pretty full but we were advised that yesterday was our last dump day at La Posa South. Yes, we could have moved early before the staff came on duty, but that would mean we’d be here way too early for check-in.
We have a nice spot
So, he dumped and flushed our tanks while I unlocked cupboards and re-organized anything that had to be adjusted. We were both ready for lunch so I warmed up a bowl of bean soup and Bill made a sandwich. We finished things off by setting the Shaw dish up. Then we relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. We don’t have to go anywhere or do anything we don’t want to.
Soup from the freezer hit the spot
With the last night being an odd one for sleeping, we both experienced the same kind of sleep/dream/awake state, we decided a snooze was in order. I couldn’t drop off and so I left the boys sleeping and I had a well-needed shower. We had been conserving our last couple of days, more than ever, and we both had it on the ‘one of the first things we do’ list.
the dreaded picnic table and BLUE Weber stuck out on a corner of their site
I took a long one and once more relished in the fact that we are in a park and I can do that. It is a whole revamp of the brain now. I can use the microwave, toaster, curling iron and vacuum if I want to and if the tap runs too long while filling the sink, so be it. Bill followed when he got up and found me outside sitting in the shade in my shorts and tank top. No sun for me today, thank you very much!

From the back corner
Picnic table, Nancy!
We discussed supper and before we went to bed last night we’d decided it would be a Carl’s Jr. night. Sitting there thinking about it, I suggested more of a restaurant experience was called for tonight so Bill suggested the Black Bear Diner. Great idea! I love having someone else cook, prepare and serve me when the opportunity arises so that is what we did. First, we took a short walk around the outskirts of the park. 

Pretty park and very full
These covered leased units were interesting and also full


Clemson got all his sniffs in and when we got back to the Suite we drove to Yuma.
It was a good meal, fish and chips for Bill and bbq pork ribs for me. Ours at home are never the same so this was a treat. It was a busy place and the waiter realized when he came to take our plates that he forgot our corn muffins. Well, that would never do so I asked for 2 boxes and we’d take them home with us, please. 

See the Para Ultralight?
Over the roof of this choach
We enjoy their home cooked meals
We shared the caesar salad - it was delicious!



We were driving out of the parking lot when Bill pointed out the Super Moon. Huge!
I’m sure you all saw it too and many of you with a better prospective than over the city lights like we did. When we got home around 7:15, we both went out and snapped a couple of pictures before calling it a night. 
A super SUPER moon from Yuma, Arizona
The temperature on this very calm night is resting at 68F. I downloaded my pictures and used my friend, Deb’s, collage format so there weren’t so many for you to peruse. I hope you like the change up.

And from our campsite
Goodnight from Yuma Lakes
This has been a nice day. We’ve moved on into what looks to be a very nice park, Yuma Lakes where we hope to relax, refresh, shop, skip the Mexican border and see some friends. I hope you have had a great day too.

My sweeties enjoying the shade
Thank you for following along on our journey. Your comments are always welcome.

11 comments:

  1. That is a nice park we have been there quite a few times over the years, enjoy your time there and all the fun stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pictures. Hope you enjoy the park.
    We put HRH in the carrier and in the truck before bringing in any of the slides. It seems to cause her less anxiety. For her the anxiety level is when we start to put things in travel mode. Like Clemson she runs around checking everything out once we're settled again. It's always funny to see.
    Dinner looked nice.
    Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb.
      Our pets are like children, more often than not! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a nice park and being able to take a long shower after weeks of conserving water is always a nice treat. Great collages! It is not a lot quieter here and that is mainly because we did not really have noisy neighbors...:) I know, just like you and Bill, we will enjoy the next week or so just the two of us relaxing and doing "whatever".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we'll enjoy this stay here for a while. Thanks for the collage tip, I have fun with it.
      Enjoy your 'quiet' time.

      Delete
  4. I thought you were coming to Fortuna de Oro, we are parked just across the wash from there and I had thought I would come over and introduce myself.
    \

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela! Oh, I'm sorry! We've made reservations there for after we leave this park. We had 4 nights to find somewhere to go before moving on. How long are you there for?

      Delete
  5. It's always such a shock to be in a tight close-neighbor park rather than out in the desert. It takes me a day or two to realize I can use all my appliances and don't have to worry about water so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite surprised that I wasn't shocked. It is close indeed but doesn't bother me this time. I am happy to be away from the dust and love the pool option.
      Having full use of electric and water is a treat!

      Delete
  6. We really liked Yuma Lakes last winter and that is where we met Rob and Pat Aljoe, not realizing that we would get to meet them again at Pilot Knob. The RVing world really is a Village (RVillage!)

    ReplyDelete