Thursday, February 1, 2018

Different Window View, Mountain Sunrise, Visitors, Pool Time

When I woke in the dark on Thursday, Feb. 1st I was thinking ‘don’t look at the clock, it is probably only 3:30. I peeked out my bedside window and saw the silhouette of 2 palm trees. Hmmm. Where are we again? It was too light out to be that early and I was right. It was 6:35 am.


I remembered that I hadn’t been able to post my blog last night because of slow picture downloads…….so, no better time than the present. Literally! I crept up out so as not to wake my sleeping bedmates and finished my post as Bill came down and joined me. If this is how it must be, so be it. I was happy to have it out of the way although I’m sure my followers understand. Bill also was able to post this morning.

Didn't even hear our neighbour pull out, allowing me this mountain view
of the sunrise
We had our coffee and tea and decided we are not going anywhere today. A nice day in the park to explore and even more relaxing. The truck needs a good cleaning and the Suite needs vacuuming. In between that relaxing, I mean. I have to check out the pool, don’t you know it! There are a few people, neighbours, around us pulling out today but how long the sites will be empty, who knows. One right beside us left before 7 and we didn’t even notice!
The ducks waste no time running from me

there is always a loner not far from the group
So, I went for my walk, just over a mile this morning so far. I went to the clubhouse, the pool (which is lovely and quite warm), the hot tub. There was a pool game going on inside and a couple of boring looking puzzles on the go. The book shelves are minimal, only 2, but they are packed with pretty good choices. 

The park has some cool golf carts for staff use

I walked down on the dock of the lake and watched some tailless ducks? Doing what they do best. There are 4 Mobile Suites in the park, besides us, and that just means there is good taste in here. Ha ha.

Someone in the park has a creative eye and a sense of humour

These wild and tame animals are tied up all over the place
I'm sure you'll see more later on
When I returned, Bill had the vacuum out. That is one of his jobs, while I do the dusting. With the vacuum put away, I warmed up our huge corn muffins from last night and doused them in butter. Umm, yummy umm yummy! Yes, it is bread, but my first in quite a few days. 

Corn muffins, yum
I’m forgiving myself. Nice to have the microwave for the burst of  a‘warm-up’.



I cleaned up dishes and Bill went out to set up the satellite. I prematurely wrote in yesterday’s post that he’d done that and then we decided we didn’t need it last night. In a few minutes, I’ll be called to arms with our 2-way radios so we can communicate while he situates the dish to get the signal. 

Putting greens?
I needed to switch out of my leggings into shorts and get outside. So, as it turned out Bill needed to move the satellite dish from the original setup spot. A very skinny spindly tree was preventing the co-ordinates from finding the specific satellites we needed.

The little sailor on our 'mantle' says 'well, it's about time!'
Big Bocce Ball games going on
Once Bill did that, it didn’t take long to hit the target. We had been in contact with Ken and Shirley (SeeingAmerica with Ken and Shirley) this morning hoping that we could see them one more time before they left the area. They were visiting the Arizona marketplace and texted to say they would stop in for a visit on their way back to Imperial Dam. Yay! We were so afraid to miss them before they headed north.

Early Happy Hour with good friends
(Ken, you're right, Mr. Fly made an appearance in the first picture!)
They showed up just after lunch hour, Lordy be! (teehee) and I didn’t even offer them something to eat! I hope they had had lunch. Bad hostess! I must say though that we had a lovely 2 hour visit with them before they headed off. We are so happy that we met these guys this winter. A solid connection for sure and who knows? Maybe we’ll see them again.
One more farewell
I wasted no time and changed into my bathing suit, packed a bag with water, camera, my book and towel. The clubhouse isn’t far to walk at all and being such a hot day, I wasn’t surprised to see so many people at the pool. A gentleman leaving the pool for the hot tub offered me the pool noodle he’d been using since there were none available. 
this was THE place to be this afternoon
I was part of the IN crowd today!
I floated around with the rest of the 20 ‘floaters’ for half hour before dipping into the hot tub. It didn’t take me long to recognize Jim and when he heard me announce that I was from Ontario, Canada, he asked me if I knew George and Suzie. This joke has gone around a few times already and it was obvious that Jim didn’t remember me. Too funny! We’d just seen them a week ago in Quartzsite. No worries. I'm obviously not memorable enough!
A nice shaded gathering place between the clubhouse and the pool
Now it was time to relax on the lounge chair for a bit before flipping over to get the other side done. I opened my book to read a few chapters in between chatting with Donna on text. She is keeping my daughter, Bridgette, in business by ordering a Regency fireplace for their new cottage. At 3:45 I wandered back to our site. Bill was inside watching reruns of NCIS. I think we’ve had a bit of withdrawal from the tv and now we can watch it all we want.

there is just something about looking up into a healthy palm tree
I sat outside with my book since I needed to cool down and it was very warm (no, hot) inside. Bill mentioned that our little guy needed another bum bath and then said ‘after this episode is over’. No problem, I could wait. Usually we both do this together. Clemson, it seems, understands more than we think. He sat there staring at Bill for probably 10 minutes. I’m sure he wanted to get his bottom done, NOW!

These cacti were loaded with fruit
If someone was into this fruit, there is quite a batch here

Prickly pear cactus fruit
Apparently, it is full antioxidants and Vitamin C
So, I put water in the sink and lifted the unreluctant pooch into the water. He is so patient and I was able to clean him up without Bill’s help, without incident. I dried him off, put him on the floor and he settled done. My goodness, he is a smart little fellow! It is very warm inside the Suite this afternoon and I didn’t help the situation any.

We had earlier decided on grill cheese sandwich for Bill and we would both share the large portion of leftover tuna casserole. No wonder we’re hungry, we haven’t had anything since our corn muffin later morning. I’ve not felt deprived all day though and I like the fact that I can sit down to a meal and be ready to eat. I made a sandwich for my sweetie and decided a one piece of bread grilled cheese for me as well. Of course, I have to add the sliced onion and tomato to mine.
a little blurry but a tasty supper
Frying them in a fry pan on the stove probably rose the temperature in here by a few degrees plus by having the microwave heating our casserole. I must say, supper was good! I added a few green olives to my plate to add some good fat to the meal. No, George, not hot green olives. ๐Ÿ˜Š After doing up the dishes, all 3 of us went for a walk to improve our daily steps and to cool down.

We think Clemson is a snob (and he is) but perhaps he is thinking
"what the heck is that?"
This cute little chihuahua desperately wanted to meet him
It was a nice walk and I was able to capture a few lovely sunset photos after all. This has been a wonderful day and I hope the ‘internet Gods’ are good to me tonight as I try to post this. We’ll see!


Goodnight y'all!

Thank you for popping into our world today. How was your visit?

15 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys found a great spot to spend some warm days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful place and it seems as if you are truly enjoying yourselves.
    Glad Ken & Shirley were able to visit before leaving.
    Clemson is so cute. He's aloof, not a snob.
    Keep on having fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it worked out with Ken and Shirley one last time.
      Okay, so Clemson is aloof. That sounds better! ;)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time there and the pool as I know you love. Love the creative wooden stick sculptures they have around there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, we are close to Yuma and Mexico for the things we need and of course the park is full of things to do if we choose. I love the sculptures too. makes you look at wood a whole different way.

      Delete
  4. Clemson can be anything he wants ... he's just too cute and lovable!! Looks like a nice place to spend the warm afternoon .. the pool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since Clem is the master of the house, he can indeed!
      The pool was beautiful!

      Delete
  5. So glad we got to spend a couple of hours with you both yesterday! Ok I have to ask, with that big beautiful rig complete with dishwasher, ice maker and water dispenser out of the frig, you have no air conditoning?!! (haha)..no excuse to have a warm afternoon!! That's funny about JIm..believe me you are unforgettable (in a good way)..Oh and i have to ask? Have you been to Tupelo, Mississippi? Elvis birthplace..you can see his little house, school, church etc. It is worth seeing if it fits your schedule..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thrilled as well to see you once more.
      We DO have 2 air conditioners and Bill says they DO work but we just aren't a/c people and seldom use it. If we have to, of course, we will. ;)
      No, I haven't been to Tupelo but Bill has. Thanks for the note, it will be added to the list!! :)

      Delete
  6. What luck the neighbors moved out and you got a nice shot of the sun coming up over the mountain. Looks like you had a really nice visit with Shirley and Ken, two lucky events in one day...:)
    Great picture looking up at the Palm Tree.

    P.S. You are memorable...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sunset silhouette pictures. They add a bit if mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete