Monday, February 5, 2018

Morning Walkabout, Goodbye to New Friends, Jiggle Jiggle, Pool

I woke up at 2 minutes to 7 on Monday, Feb. 5th and thought I’d lay still for a couple of minutes and then get up. I looked again in what seemed like a couple of minutes and it was 7:25 am. Too funny, but I obviously wasn’t ready to move that early. So, I got up and dressed, opened the shades and slipped outside for a walk.


The sun was just hovering below the eastern horizon and it was so pretty. I decided to walk the rows on our side of the park before doing the perimeter to the west side. As I turned down the 3rd row from us, I heard a diesel engine start up and sure enough it was Jim starting his coach and getting ready to hook up their tow-along.


I was glad to catch them before they left but disappointed that Bill wasn’t with me. No sooner did I think that when I turned around and saw Bill bringing Clemson, looking for me. Cool! Jim had some magazines about RC flying that he offered to Bill and Sharon came out to say goodbye as well. We tried not to dawdle and hold them up, but Sharon managed to exchange a few tips for our future travels. Thanks guys! It was great to get to know you better. You won’t forget me now, Jim, will ya?
See ya, Jim and Sharon!
Until we meet again.
We walked a bit together before splitting up. I was working towards my 2 miles. As I walked back, I went up the hill to take another picture of the pond and a couple of ‘ducky’ floaters. 


When I returned to the Suite, Clemson was there but Bill was out with his camera so I went to the end of our lane to see if I could find him. Not having a clue which way he went, I came back inside and made my tea. Within 5 minutes, he returned as well.


I sorted our laundry and we loaded it in the truck after our first drinks were done. When we arrived up at the clubhouse Laundry there was a sign on the door "Closed Mon. Feb. 5th for repair". Hmmm, okay, guess we don't have clean clothes today after all. No worries, this jiggle doesn't bother us, we'll do it tomorrow. 

We’d talked about trying out a Mobile Wash & Carpet Cleaning company that the park supports so back at the Suite Bill called for an appointment. The price was right and we’ve discussed getting the carpets cleaned every year to keep on top of the dirt. I’m not to the point yet of wishing we didn’t have carpet, it is easy to sweep (yes, I said sweep) when I don’t want to get the vacuum out. I dust, Bill vacuums, I might have mentioned that before.

Many rv'ers we know use this filtered (salt free) drinking water
instead of buying bottled water
It is  certainly a fair price here!
The appointment is set for 2 o’clock today so we hope they are a reputable company. I’ll let you know at the end of the post. At 10 we ate breakfast, an egg omelette on a toasted bun for Bill and between a couple of gluten-free tortillas for me.


Oh wow, that was so tasty and it should sustain us until supper time. We cleaned dishes up and Bill went out to start charging his batteries for his model planes back home. They need to be done a couple of times over the winter just to keep a charge in them and as he did that I did a thorough sweep through of the Suite.

See Mrs. Hummer at the feeder?
Bill vacuumed and dusted Black Beauty so she is gleaming inside and we’ll get her washed too by Beto’s as well. 


At 1:30 I changed into my bathing suit, took my bag, my book and water and headed up to the pool. Such a gorgeous day and my only regret was that Bill couldn’t join me today. I sat out on my chair for a while to make the dip that much more refreshing when I got in.

It was around 2pm when I stepped in and did my lap to the end and back before grabbing my hat and a pool noodle I’d set at the edge. Time to float. I do that well.
At 2:10 I could hear 4 chirp chirps on my phone……….up there, in my bag, by my chair. Hmm. 1 or 2, I could ignore but 4 kind of meant it was maybe important. Maybe it was Bill with a question about the washing. So, I proceeded to float, arms pulsing the water to hurry from the deep end to go check it out. Makes for a funny picture, let me tell you.

Bill was relaxed and going through the magazines Jim gave him when I left for the pool
 Anyway, it wasn’t an emergency, good. It was my daughter answering a question I’d asked her earlier. My own fault for asking the question before getting into the water. She is worth the interruption for sure. I got back into the tepid water and continued my float about. A conversation began with a couple from Ohio and it was another one of those ‘click’ moments. We got along well and shared a lot of commonalities. I like those.

We chatted until my fingers turned into wrinkled morrels and I went to sit in the sun and dry off. Trying to remember something they’d told me (and I knew I’d forget) I asked them again in the hot tub. This time I’d put it into my phone right away. I, at least, remembered to give them one of our ‘business/personal’ cards before saying goodbye. Nice couple, Kevin and Barb. Too bad Bill was tied up and couldn’t meet them. Maybe tomorrow.

Bill waits for Beto's
(this was before we realized they weren't coming)
I had texted Bill around 3:15 to see how the wash was going and sadly, they hadn’t shown up yet. Remember that we are dealing with Mexican employees and a Mexican business so who knows if the communication got mixed up. So, I packed up at 3:30 and walked back to the Suite. Still, no show so we tried calling the number. When we finally reached them at 4:30, they said ’30 minutes’. Hmm, that meant 5ish. The breakfast we had at 10 was wearing off so when I returned, we cut up some cheddar for a snack with some cheese crackers. That'll do it, since we don't know what time we'll be able to eat supper.

We waited together and finally, after I’d come inside to change, Bill saw them on the next lane over. He walked over to see if they were looking for our site but no, they were apparently beginning another job on a motor coach. They rebooked, at Bill’s suggestion, for tomorrow at 11:30. Again, we’ll keep you informed. We think it was a total misunderstanding……….somehow. (malentendido)

this is a good one - I like the Harry Bosch stories
We read outside together and at 6 I came in to start supper. Pork chops, potatoes, corn and broccoli are on the menu tonight. The chops are quite thin so they won’t take long. Bill lit the Weber and began the spuds first since they would take the longest. I steamed the broccoli inside. It needs to go on the food list for the next shopping day.

With supper finished and dishes cleaned up, we took the little flashlight and went for a walk around our end of the park. I was trying to remember what site # Kevin and Barb told me they were on but in the dark and with my memory, it was a lost cause. It was nice saunter and still a warm 72F. That’s 22.2C for our friends and family back home. I’m sorry that you are dealing with even more snow in Ontario. I wish everyone who wanted to could follow the warmth too.


I settled at my laptop to download the very few pictures from today. Bill and Clemson settled in the recliners. As I sit here with windows open, I can hear the coyotes playing games and calling to each other. I think they must know there are roosters at the east end of the park. I hope you have had a nice day wherever you are. We sure enjoyed our quiet one. Plans jiggled but we are still smiling and look forward to tomorrow.

Thank you for reading our adventure. I love having you along!



13 comments:

  1. Sounds like their appointment book is made from the same planning book we use......made from jello! Hope it works out tomorrow.
    I agree with less carpet. I sort of wish our trailer had less. Much easier to sweep than haul out the vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does! They are obviously busy so that has to mean they are fairly good.
      One day, when the carpet is bad enough, we'll have it replaced.

      Delete
  2. The thought of lazing in a warm pool does sound inviting, especially after shovelling in the -11 temperature here in Ontario. Spring is on the way though and the days are getting longer! It will be here before we know it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the positive attitude, sis! You are right, it will be there before April. :)

      Delete
  3. Hoping they show up today for you two. I can see how the translation etc could get messed up. Beautiful rig Jim and Sharon have. Sounds like a good day once again and making new friends! Dinner looked delicious! My friend, Elva wanted me to pass on a bit of trivia..her great grandfather was a guard at the prison you visited the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we'll see them today (fingers are crossed). They have a lovely rig and the inside is even nicer!
      I hope Bill meets my new friends today, they will get along well.
      Thank you, Elva for the tidbit of trivia! That is very cool! What a very chilling place that was, the cells would keep me honest, I'll tell you!

      Delete
    2. Please also pass on to Elva that I am thrilled that she reads my blog. :D

      Delete
  4. Nice that you got to spend time with Jim and Sharon a fun interesting couple.
    LOL you getting this done with the Mexican workers, they will do a good job, but on Mexican time. Which means whenever they get there. We are kind of used to that, hopefully they get there today or mañana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun times with a fun couple. He'll remember me next time. ha ha
      That is true, Mexican time, nice and easy and slow. :)
      However, they sure move fast when doing a job! Hopefully 'hoy'.

      Delete
  5. I have had similar appointment problems in the past. It seems I never get to talk to the same guy twice. When they do show up however, they do a very good job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a great job on the one behind us, the owners are very pleased.

      Delete
  6. Really liked your picture of the sunrise. You and Bill seem to be having some nice relaxing and fun days. Tom really wants to take that tour of the Yuma Prison and it does sound interesting.
    Anxious to hear how the cleaning turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent attitude.

    Dinner looked wonderful!

    Glad you enjoyed the pool and the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete