Friday, February 15, 2019

Craft Fair in the Park, An Out of Park Visit


When I first acknowledged today’s date, Friday, Feb. 15th, I wondered why the date was ringing a bell. It wasn’t anyone’s birthday that I knew of and then it dawned on me. It was the anniversary of my first wedding day. Not significant now, in this new life I’ve created, but still one of those dates you don’t forget. That was then, this is now.

One of those questionable weather days
 Bill was pretty much in Sleep-land when I crept out of bed at 7. I came downstairs, turned the Blue Flame heater on to warm up the 61F inside temperature. I finished posting my blog which meant simply adding my pictures and hitting Publish. Then I went out for my walk. Such a peaceful time of morning and I do enjoy that solitude as I strut up and down the lanes.

But it was still pretty
As much as we’ve said that we wouldn’t want to be in an RV park like this as permanent winter residents (in a park model), I can certainly envision myself doing just that. We’ve bantered about ‘what if’s’ and I know that ‘if’ Bill were alone, he’d have an Airstream and still continue to make this journey each winter as long as he could.  We both know that I wouldn’t travel south alone so this would work for me. Drive down, yes, stay in motels on the route and buy a park model. I could get into that easily.
The pool is being filled again
It is a much nicer colour now
When I returned from my walk, Bill was up and at the table with his laptop and coffee. Clemson was still asleep under the covers. I made my tea and when Pat texted about her and Rob going in to Yuma I reminded her of the Craft sale here in the Event Centre on our doorstep. I’m not into them, their prices are more than I would ever pay, regardless of how much time is put into their product. I can’t justify the expenditure.

I had to chuckle at this sign - I think
She had forgotten so we met a 9 and walked through it together. Yup, beautiful stuff, creative ideas but nothing I need or want badly enough to open my wallet. They left for Yuma and I went through our purchases for the kids once more. We’ll have to make one adjustment so plan on going to the Arizona Market in the morning. Rob popped over after they returned to confirm our afternoon plans.
I like the pretty umbrellas at the pool area

Probably the prettiest garden in the whole park

Love this
NO BAD DAYS
Bill and I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and around 10:30 we each had a coffee. Bill is getting very close on his model and he will write about what he has built when he is finished. I enjoyed watching the process. At a few minutes after 12 noon, I walked back to contribute to a puzzle, hoping the one was still there from yesterday. I know people work on them late into the evening and first thing in the early morning there is often someone there. Pat joined me up there and since Dennis and Jules were there finishing the puzzle, I started a new one of my choice.

I like the little palm tree at Rob and Pat's site
At 2, we walked back to our sites and all 4 of us hopped in Rob’s truck for the drive to Pilot Knob RV Resort. It felt warm with the sun making appearances but by the time we had settled at Kim and Ken’s site, the wind had picked up and it felt cool. When we decided to move down to our old site #79 where George and Suzie are, we were in the shade and the clouds moved overhead. So much cooler and I had to zip up my hoodie to keep warm. Brrr! Still better than home, I kept saying.

Left to right: Rob, Bill, Ron, Freddy, Ken, Kim, George, Suzie, Loree and Pat

Step One
Set the table

Step Two
Grilling

Step Three
Cooked and well dressed
 We stuck around until we’d finished a drink or two and at 4:30 said goodbye. The chill was a bit much but we really enjoyed seeing our friends again, one more time. It was a nice group of 10 Rock Glen campers. Back home, the beer margaritas were in control of my walk so I needed to have a rest before starting to pull the burgers out of the freezer. By 6, Bill was grilling and I was setting the table.

Step Four
Ready to eat
and it was yummy
This was a simple delicious supper, there is nothing like a loaded burger to fill a hungry tummy. For dessert, we had some Jell-o and for the remainder of the evening, we watched some tv, read and I did some crocheting. It was another fun day here in Paradise, no matter the weather.

Paratroopers landing around Pilot Knob
A little bit of excitement
These clouds were all we got for a Friday night sunset
Thank you for your visit to my blog today. I hope you enjoyed our day too.

9 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you guys again , too bad the clouds and cool breeze picked up and cooled things off, but still a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have me beat ... I remember NONE of those dates, probably with good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, well, for me it isn't a bad memory so it is still in this brain of mine. :S

      Delete
  3. What a great day once again! How fun you guys stopped by for happy hour! That's a great group! Dinner looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. We all agree that this is a colder, wetter winter than last but it can only get better was also the consensus for next year! :)

      Delete
  4. Have you got any recommendations for a good, not too spicy hamburger brand? We've been disappointed a few times as we are not familiar with the types they sell here. The pool water must have been ripe. Noticed the hot tub water at Pilot Knob was exchanged at least every three days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, never a bad day, just some are less good than others. A fun looking group for sure. Glad you folks all had a chance to get together again.

    ReplyDelete