Saturday, February 23, 2019

Mixed Bag Day – Eggs, Jell-O, Screens, Lights, Bike, Puzzle, Dinner, Wizard


Today, Friday, Feb. 22nd Bill was up before me again. Not sure what time he rose but it was just before 7 am for me. It was 10 degrees cooler than yesterday at this time, 46F but with no wind, I was good to go for my walk. The sky wasn’t clear by any means but when I stepped my foot out the door, it was not raining either. I didn’t get too far and I could feel drops on my face and hear them on my nylon vest. Oh-oh.

Good morning, Friday

The low foggy clouds scrolled across the mountain face
I didn’t go as far as I’d wanted, instead making a u-turn and coming back the way I’d come. Of course, it stopped then started a few times but nothing heavy so I stretched my walk as much as I dared. When I returned, I made my tea and sat reading blogs and comments. Rob and Pat headed into town to do laundry and around 8:30 we had French toast for breakfast.


This bright patch of sun appeared through the clouds
The picture is fuzzy as I zoomed in to capture it better
You can tell how warm the pool is
When dishes were cleaned up, Bill had a job to do that he has been talking about for a while. I quickly took Clemson out for a short ‘business’ walk and then we sat in my chair, out of the way. We’d bought new screening for our door and he wanted to get it replaced before we headed home. Top and bottom were done within an hour and the new screens and cleaned grill look great!

I was enjoying the beautiful display while I walked


Measuring the screen for cutting

Popping the rubber tubing into place for the top screen
He made us each a coffee somewhere in the in-between stage and I boiled some eggs for sandwiches and mixed up a new double batch of Raspberry Jell-o to set. Tomorrow we have plans for a day away so wanted to take a lunch rather than spending $ to buy something. That was done before noon hour when we got a text from Rob and Pat inviting us to supper with them. Rob was cooking a chicken and I hadn’t decided on our meal plan yet. That worked out great!
Replacing the handlebar

Taking care of the bottom screen

All done!

Replacing the clean 'like-new' grill
With that decided, Bill climbed up on the counter and tried to uncross some wires that got mixed up in our over-the-sink light. Too difficult to explain but Al at CanAm again gave him a hint on how to reverse it. Tadah! All fixed! I worked pretty steady with my yarn project (still a secret) and I’m down to my last ball of wool. Then I need to make a decision on how to finish it off.

A little finagling with the lights fixed the
switch to light connections
 At 1:45 I went out to go for a bike ride. Bill was a gentleman and had taken it over to the air pump to fill my back tire which has been flat for a couple of days. He adjusted my seat and tightened so it shouldn’t budge anymore. So, I reached for my bike and the tire was flat again. Hmpf! Obviously, there is more wrong than just a loss of air. Darn it all! I told Bill and then decided to walk to the puzzle room to kill some time. I texted Pat to let her know but wasn’t sure if she was busy.

Sorting out wires and knowing which ones to touch safely
On 12V, his hair wouldn't have curled toooo much
There was no one there when I arrived but soon Robin and another man came in to work on the new puzzle on the other table. I’m a sucker for punishment and worked on the peacock. Surprisingly, I was able to focus on specific colours and managed to put 8 or 10 pieces in altogether. Pat arrived and we chitchatted until we walked back shortly after 3. She said goodbye saying ‘come over anytime’.

Bill was busy reading and watching Live PD so I mixed up my cream cheese and heavy cream for my recipe. The Jello was almost set enough but I decided to wait until later to blend them together. I sat for a while at my laptop and at 4 we walked next door for supper at 5:30. While waiting for the chicken to roast on their Weber, we played a game of Wizard. We had fun and everything, including the wine, was delicious!
It was a wonderful supper
Chicken, red and white potatoes, corn, beets and bread
Bill wanted to take a run out to the RC flying field to see some night flying so I offered to help Pat with dishes if Rob wanted to tag along with him. The boys left just before 7 and Pat and I spent the evening together until 8 when I walked back home to Clemmy. He was sound asleep in my chair and lifted his head when I arrived. With a short jaunt outside for a piddle, the remainder of the evening was ours to do with as we liked.

I forgot to post these pictures yesterday of the boys
playing pool

And Pat playing on the park's computer
I sat with him after finishing my post and downloading pictures. It can be published in the morning, some things are just more important. This has been a great day and we are looking forward to some more fun tomorrow. Stay tuned!

One final picture of the sky to the west this morning
Those clouds pretty much won out for the day
Thanks for visiting today. Your comments are always welcome.

8 comments:

  1. I love checking things off that fix-it list. Don’t feel bad about your bike. Seems my tires are always flat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good feeling checking things off a list.
      Okay, thanks. I told Bill to pack it away. Maybe we'll get a tube on the way home.

      Delete
  2. I have a guess on what you are knitting..Love the grill on the screen door..looks like a bunch of hearts :) great job Bill! Nice that our men are so handy isn't it?! A great day to get things done. Dinner looks wonderful! Nice job Rob and Pat! Even better when you don't have to cook right Patsy?! Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet you can. Someone who reads shouldn't know. heh heh
      Our men are handy and I like the position of silent supervisor. :)
      Rob and Pat gave us a great dinner for sure and I didn't have to cook. Yay!

      Delete
  3. Nice that Bill could get those minor repairs taken care of , next fix your flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just know that Bill loves these little jobs to do and doesn't see it as a chore. You've been busy with your yarn project and now we are waiting for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you know Bill, don't you? Because someone important reads my blog, I won't reveal too soon. :) I'm sure you can guess.

      Delete