Friday, February 15, 2019

Happy Valentine’s Day! Raining Outside but Sunshiny Inside, Nevada Guests


On Thursday, Feb. 14th we woke just before 7 am. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Sweetheart” is what I hear whispered from the other side of the bed. Such a romantic, he can be. My Valentine and I got up, dressed and met downstairs. Bill had his coffee and I opted to finish adding pictures to yesterday’s post before slipping out for a walk. It is quite mild outside, 59F, but by the time I went out, the rain drops were beginning.

Good morning, Sunshine!
They weren’t heavy by any means so I just shortened my exercise this morning, only fitting in ¾ of a mile before returning home. I had my tea with Bill and we caught up online with what our friends were doing. I was saddened to see that our friends Ken and Shirley have to leave their location at Winterhaven tomorrow and we haven’t seen them yet. Timing just hasn’t worked out. Maybe today, we’ll be able to fit it in. You’ll find out later on.

Warm but cloudy, wet day in the neighbourhood
In the meantime, Bill had his shower and then I made up some French toast for breakfast. 2 slices on rye and 2 on white. They were both delicious! We haven’t had it for a while and of course butter and maple syrup topped it off nicely. 

our French toast was yummy!

Rob and Pat asked if they could pop over for a visit and when they joined us, they presented us some sweet Valentine’s gifts. Such a lovely thought when all we could offer in return were our hugs. 😊

from Rob and Pat
such a sweet gift
When they left after discussing loosey goosey plans for the day, Bill worked on his model and I lifted the bed. Some things need sorting so I can see what we’ve got under there and I need to make a list of our gifts purchased so far. I got my answers and in corresponding back and forth with Shirley, we decided to take advantage of the time left and get together today. They offered to drive in from Pilot Knob for a visit with the 4 of us.

This glass worked well for my beer margarita later
Pat and Rob joined us and soon after our guests arrived too. It was wonderful to see them again and with hugs all around, the conversation flowed. My only regret is that we only had one visit with these guys. We love their company and just because of circumstances, they had to get on the move back home. At least they got away from home for short term and we are all grateful for that. Better than nothing at all!

The pool water has been green the last couple of days
so they had to shock it
After they left, Pat and I walked back to the mail boxes so she could retrieve some mail and then to the puzzle room. We worked away for quite a while on our own and then Robin joined us. A lot was accomplished before I finally walked home just before 4. Pat had left a few minutes earlier. The rain has been sporadic but for the most part had stopped by 2. I wasn’t surprised to see such maddening skies with the wind blowing the way it was. The rain should stop overnight for a dryer day tomorrow.

And then the Tundra arrived with our company
Bill did me the honours of taking today's picture
Pat, Ken, Shirley, Rob, Clemson and me
Back at the Suite, I poured myself a glass of beer margarita. I used the fancy Valentine glasses Pat and Rob gave us. It isn’t wine but it tastes great in the glass anyway! Bill was watching a Hallmark Valentine’s movie and it appeared to be surprisingly. Much better than the predictable Christmas ones. So, I sat with him and watched it while working on my crocheting again. It has been a nice day so far.

This is a great picture! I could have stayed longer
but forced myself to move

For supper, I warmed up the leftover pork, tea biscuits and California veggies. As a side dish, I prepared a salad. Things didn’t warm up as nicely as I’d hoped but everything was edible at least. If it hadn’t been raining, I would have suggested that we warm it up on Weber. Oh well, maybe it wasn’t the nicest Valentine’s Day dinner, but all 3 of us were together and that is all that matters.

They ended up draining the pool and scrubbing it down
Good days to do it when no one would be swimming anyway
For dessert, we cleaned up the Rhubarb Crisp and THAT was delicious! I hope you had a nice day as well, romantic or not, as long as you shared it with someone special. That includes our furry and feathered buddies too! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

This was our day, wild and windy at some points getting up to 21 mph
Good night!
Image result for happy valentine's day pictures

Thank you for stopping in.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day sounds like you had a great one as we did too. Nice that you got to visit with Ken and Shirley before they headed north again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy, a great day! :) Glad you did too. We were so happy to see them again, however brief.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your two fellas. Glad you had a good day with a chance to visit Ken & Shirley as well. Keep on having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both. We were thrilled to get the chance to see K & S this year again.

      Delete
  3. I love that you always have a great day, even if it’s rainy and windy. Happy ♥️ Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. Life is too short not to enjoy every day, right? I may not recognize a bad day and that's a good thing. :)

      Delete